Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Baptism After Conviction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baptism After Conviction (481 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baptism After Conviction by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
Good day everyone, am a christian from the baptist denomination, and there's this one thing we have in common in our denominations. One of our baptist doctrine implies that to be a baptist member, you must be baptized. I observed that before baptism takes place, those that are interested will go through teachings for at least fifteen wks before being baptized.
My point now is that, in the bible, baptism was done immediately after conviction not 4 months after or to be a full member of a denomination, because of these teachings idea, 18 out of 20 participants wants to get baptized so as to become a full baptist member not because they understand that baptism takes place after conviction.
I asked a brother that is baptism just necessary or mandatory, he said it's mandatory. so I concluded that if the system of denominational baptism continues it implies that baptism is just necessary not mandatory.
Re: Baptism After Conviction by Mayour11(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Firstly, let me correct the impression of baptism, under d Baptist denomination, we bliv that baptism is not a certificate to heaven, after been born again, that is why u will still be subjected to teachings, so as to know whom you bliv in, you will notice that Baptist will never baptise a baby, because we bliv he myt not know d meaning of what he's doing. If u are a member of d royal ambassador, you will know more about this in ur ranking examinations. As for membership, baptism is not d criteria 4 membership per say, its just that without baptism, you will be restricted from certain. things like eating d Lord's supper, contributing during church in conference and so on. Let me pause here a bit.
Re: Baptism After Conviction by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
But when Philip baptized the Eunuch, it was after conviction. Acts Ch 8 Vs 26-40
When over 3000 people were baptized, it was after conviction. Acts Ch 2 Vs 40-41
When John the baptist baptizes, it was after conviction. Matthew Ch 3 Vs 6.
Re: Baptism After Conviction by Mayour11(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
JuniorXpert: But when Philip baptized the Eunuch, it was after conviction. Acts Ch 8 Vs 26-40
When over 3000 people were baptized, it was after conviction. Acts Ch 2 Vs 40-41
When John the baptist baptizes, it was after conviction. Matthew Ch 3 Vs 6.

We are saying d same thing, that is d reason why Baptist will not baptise a baby, d conviction we are talking about here is knowing whom & what u bliv, which is very important. No one decides 4 u, its after u av had a genuine encounter with the Almighty God.
Re: Baptism After Conviction by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mayour11:

We are saying d same thing, that is d reason why Baptist will not baptise a baby, d conviction we are talking about here is knowing whom & what u bliv, which is very important. No one decides 4 u, its after u av had a genuine encounter with the Almighty God.
That's it! Many christian gets baptized because of the restrictions pertaining to the denominational doctrines not because they are convicted and I think it's due to the long duration teachings.

(1) (Reply)

Total Compliance Required / Qur Am Religion Of War Not Of Peace / Is the watchtower organization essential for salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.