Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,567 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Please I Need Professional Answers In Here...pls - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Please I Need Professional Answers In Here...pls (440 Views)

Do You Need Professional Cover Art Design For You Promo Single or Album / Can We Post Naija Illest Freestyle Rap Songs Here Pls / Pls Post Ghetto P Diss To Mode Nine Here Pls: Join Me Every Rap Cat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Professional Answers In Here...pls by tonididdy(m): 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hi viewer
so there was a heated argument at the office about nigerian music and artistes and the recording buisness in general...so i'd love for some real honest opinions.u dont have to be too lenghty if u dont want to.but pls say something.
Questions:
1. A record label can sign any artist who can sing(has a voice) but cant write songs.that the record label can choose to write songs for the artist?

2. An artist in a record label must dropd 2tracks every month?
'
3. Harrysong writes 80percent of kcee's songs?

4.iyanya and kcee...who is a better artist? Hits wise? Talent wise?

'5. Donjazzy wrote eminado?...

6. A record label that signs an artiste,rents a room for him and pays his transport/cab fare for 2years.is that company still qualified as calling it a 'record label'?....lol this one got me laffing hard

7.is a hit song only a partyjamz?...as in commercial music as its called in this part of the world

*i hope for your humble contributions*...TY
Re: Please I Need Professional Answers In Here...pls by tonididdy(m): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2014
gdm
Re: Please I Need Professional Answers In Here...pls by overboard(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2014
tonididdy: Hi viewer
so there was a heated argument at the office about nigerian music and artistes and the recording buisness in general...so i'd love for some real honest opinions.u dont have to be too lenghty if u dont want to.but pls say something.
Questions:
1. A record label can sign any artist who can sing(has a voice) but cant write songs.that the record label can choose to write songs for the artist?

2. An artist in a record label must dropd 2tracks every month?
'
3. Harrysong writes 80percent of kcee's songs?

4.iyanya and kcee...who is a better artist? Hits wise? Talent wise?

'5. Donjazzy wrote eminado?...

6. A record label that signs an artiste,rents a room for him and pays his transport/cab fare for 2years.is that company still qualified as calling it a 'record label'?....lol this one got me laffing hard

7.is a hit song only a partyjamz?...as in commercial music as its called in this part of the world

*i hope for your humble contributions*...TY

1. Yes; song writing can be outsourced.

2. No; there's no set period to release singles per se. It's depends, or should be on creative drive, promotional plan and/or relevance.

3. I don't know prior to the 'Limpopo' era - likely not - but probably has a fair share of Kcee's songs written by him these days.

4. Bros, dat one na big question greatly dependent on preference but personally, I thing Kcee has put out more hits on a smash hit scale. Talent? IMO, I think Iyanya is more diverse vocally and musically of he wants to be.

5. According to reports, titled it and likely co-wrote. Dont think he wrote it outrightly but just my guess.

6. Depends... there are the mushroom outfits that just start out and operate like investors and there are the properly structured labels in Nigeri, that is. Traditionally, a label is to have admin, A&R... departments so the former shouldn't in an ideal situation qualify. Heck some of the so-called labels don't even have agreements with artistes and know nothing about the workings of the business... a label is not a studio and is more than just a name.

7. No.

Hope I was of help.
Re: Please I Need Professional Answers In Here...pls by tonididdy(m): 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
overboard:

1. Yes; song writing can be outsourced.

2. No; there's no set period to release singles per se. It's depends, or should be on creative drive, promotional plan and/or relevance.

3. I don't know prior to the 'Limpopo' era - likely not - but probably has a fair share of Kcee's songs written by him these days.

4. Bros, dat one na big question greatly dependent on preference but personally, I thing Kcee has put out more hits on a smash hit scale. Talent? IMO, I think Iyanya is more diverse vocally and musically of he wants to be.

5. According to reports, titled it and likely co-wrote. Dont think he wrote it outrightly but just my guess.

6. Depends... there are the mushroom outfits that just start out and operate like investors and there are the properly structured labels in Nigeri, that is. Traditionally, a label is to have admin, A&R... departments so the former shouldn't in an ideal situation qualify. Heck some of the so-called labels don't even have agreements with artistes and know nothing about the workings of the business... a label is not a studio and is more than just a name.

7. No.

Hope I was of help.
ty sire...yes u heltp
Re: Please I Need Professional Answers In Here...pls by tonididdy(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
Qa

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Artistes And Lazy Repetitions / Check Out My Singles: / Share Your Choir Transformation Here Good Or Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.