Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

True Blood Fans (discussion Board) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / True Blood Fans (discussion Board) (1026 Views)

Da Vinci Demons Fans Discussion Thread / WRESTLING FANS: Discussion Room. / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by koredelomo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Please share your magical moments here, for me it gats to be hoyte and jessica time out, I just love watching the 2 of them, from diffrent worlds but LOVE just find a way of bringing dem together. Not to forget jasson stackhouse that dude is just too funny.
Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by khanivorous(f): 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Apart from season 3 and 4...the tv show na trash

1 Like

Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by Csami(m): 12:00am On Jul 04, 2014
khanivorous: Apart from season 3 and 4...the tv show na trash

Speak for yourself lady.
Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by RayMcBlue(m): 6:46am On Jul 04, 2014
khanivorous: Apart from season 3 and 4...the tv show na trash
Concurred. The show's been on downward spiral since the 4th season.

1 Like

Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by khanivorous(f): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2014
Csami:

Speak for yourself lady.

I don't know how you'lld feel about this but the truth is after the death of russell edinghton( don't mind the spelling) and the season that involved the necromancer..... The tv show turned to PAW PAW

1 Like

Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by Csami(m): 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
khanivorous:

I don't know how you'lld feel about this but the truth is after the death of russell edinghton( don't mind the spelling) and the season that involved the necromancer..... The tv show turned to PAW PAW

Still speak for yourself. Season 6 is as good as other seasons as well.
Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by RayMcBlue(m): 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
Csami:

Still speak for yourself. Season 6 is as good as other seasons as well.

I agreed with her. After forcing myself to finish season 6 albeit with a lot of skipping involved, I finally accepted the fact that HBO had finally succeeded in ruining what used to be one of the best Vampire series on TV. Now, I'd rather watch Being Human (US) or Penny Dreadful.

2 Likes

Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by Csami(m): 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ray McBlue:

I agreed with her. After forcing myself to finish season 6 albeit with a lot of skipping involved, I finally accepted the fact that HBO had finally succeeded in ruining what used to be one of the best Vampire series on TV. Now, I'd rather watch Being Human (US) or Penny Dreadful.

Just because you didn't learn to love it doesn't make it less interesting. 6 according to you might be boring but at least it brought something interesting in the 7.
Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by RayMcBlue(m): 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
Csami:

Just because you didn't learn to love it doesn't make it less interesting. 6 according to you might be boring but at least it brought something interesting in the 7.

Sookie's now a complete whôre that can sleep with anybody that caught her fancy. I missed the Sookie of Season 1-4, at least, that version had some dignity apart from being a fang banger.

What's with the fairy tale concerning a certain Vampire goddess named Lilith anyway? Why did the show runners had to bring religious annotations into a series that doesn't really need one?

Season 5 and 6 are major failures IMHO and I wouldn't be suprise if the 7th season toes similar lines.

1 Like

Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by Csami(m): 12:08am On Jul 05, 2014
Ray McBlue:

Sookie's now a complete whôre that can sleep with anybody that caught her fancy. I missed the Sookie of Season 1-4, at least, that version had some dignity apart from being a fang banger.

What's with the fairy tale concerning a certain Vampire goddess named Lilith anyway? Why did the show runners had to bring religious annotations into a series that doesn't really need one?

Season 5 and 6 are major failures IMHO and I wouldn't be suprise if the 7th season toes similar lines.

I don't think sleeping with a guy she love makes her LovePeddler. Remember she loved bill, then came the perseverance Eric, then came wahlo she hated or thought she hated for killing her parents before she found out the truth, then the werewolf. All the guys she slept with loved her that moment so it doesn't make her a LovePeddler.
About the religious annotations like you said, the series needed another plot with new faces. Millions loved it and millions hated it and since it was good enough for me and my kind out there then season 7 have all ma blessing.
Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by RayMcBlue(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2014
Oh Yeah, Sookie's a bonafide whôre. I mean, that gal got the hots for anything supernatural. She had slept with 3 Vamps: Bill, Eric, Marlo, and a werewolf and current boyfriend Alcide Herveaux (I hope I got the spelling right). Jason's not the only hôrny sod in the family after all.

And she's a big hypocrite too to cap it all. I think on further reflection, my beef with the series is not as much as my disgust with Sookie's sex life which is appalling to say the least and paints a bad image for the show, seeing that she's the principal character. I think she may be retârded or something cuz she's seriously flawed... and in a bad way.

It would served the show's ratings better if the show runners eventually kill her off later in the course of 7th season, maybe and only then will I reevaluate my opinion on the matter.

2 Likes

Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by Csami(m): 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
You don't like the show, i get it. you don't like what sookie has become, i still get it. You don't like the direction the show took, i get it. I like the show and nothing you say will make me change my mind.
Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by RayMcBlue(m): 4:18am On Jul 06, 2014
That wasn't my intention at all. You're entitled to your own preferences just like I'm entitled to mine. Remember, this argument started as a result of your telling the other lady that she may be alone in her opinion of the show, or have you forgotten? Well, she's not.

1 Like

Re: True Blood Fans (discussion Board) by Csami(m): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
Well good for everyone grin so let's give it a rest.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Ever Won Ontv's "Quick Fingers" ? / Startimes Signs Deal With Discovery Networks / 5 Real Facts You Didn't Know About BBN Fake Housemate 'jon'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.