Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid (2471 Views)

He His Better Than Wizkid / Dammy Krane - #poonerfreestyle . Is Dammy Krane Better Than Wizkid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by msporche(f): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
Musically, there have been some
comparison and competition between the two stars because they are the two
young boys under 25 running the entire music scene in Africa but Fans have made their choices and given the reasons for choosing Davido over Wizkid.

ARROGANCE – WIZKID
Wizkid, from what we know, he came from a middle class family but he acts like he’s been living the life of gold already. He’s been making dumb comments to his fans who made him. He once said “when broke people think
they have a say” to a fan who tried to correct his bad grammer. These same fans made him and just like a typical African star, arrogance will surely kill him. We’ve heard bad rumors about the kid star concerning his fans.

PLANLESS – WIZKID
Wizkid is just following the footsteps of D’Banj who rose to the sky and dropped like God kicked him back to earth. He is
rushing for international fame just
typical of most African musicians
thinking that is the way to heaven. Truth is, you need to conquer your world first.
Currently Davido is popular all over Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Zimbabwe and his home country, Nigeria. He seems to have a plan, trying to conquer his continent before moving to the world. Wizkid is forgetting that the foreign world doesn’t have anything for him. All his crap lyrics
“lelelele and yaaga” and things won’t make the cut. If I was him, I would learn a lot from D’Banj’s failure. Even Kanye West couldn’t help D’Banj, what more can a douchebag like Chris Brown and
Justin Bieber do for you as an African artiste?

WIZKID – ACTS LIKE HE’S MADE IT
Davido is a son of a billionaire, if not, a millionaire and he’s been probably living a lavish life since childhood but he has defied that fact and trying his best to join his dad. Davido makes a whopping
$50,000 per show and has made his own money, unlike Wizkid, he goes to instagram and twitter just to act like he’s a millionaire already when I’m perfectly sure he’s far from that. We are not
surprised, poor people always want to be something they are not. No doubt, Wizkid has made it but even Mike Tyson who was once worth 300 million dollars
plus is now broke how much more a musician from Africa who is not worth a million dollars SMH!

DAVIDO – MADE IT ON HIS OWN
(VERSATILE)
Davido started it all off with his “HKN Gang” unlike Wizkid, he came through Banky W who made sure the world knows about Wizkid’s talents. Just like most of our African artistes, he felt
cheated and decided to form his own StarBoi label and even planned to leave Banky W’s label.

WIZKID IS JUST LUCKY, DAVIDO IS THE BUSINESS
If you listen to Wizkid’s songs very well, his songs lacks substance, it’s the same usual “one word chorus” like Ginger, The Matter, Caro but Davido spans through all the genres from Highlife, Dance, Afrobeats like Skelewu, Aye, Gobe,
One Of A Time and more hits in his short time of being in the industry. Davido also take advantage of all artistes (both
underground and made artistes in
different countries) and work with them unlike Wizkid, even if you invite him, he would have to like your product first before he feature on it. Davido immediately shot another video to his hit song “Skelewu” after fans complained about it, if it was Wizkid, he would have insulted the fans. Davido has songs with Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, Diamond, Mafikizolo and counting. Not forgetting most of Wizkid’s hit songs were freestyles and unplanned.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by Slamantinz: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
like serzli i use to think davido is better than wizkid due to his versatility not untill when he broke my kidney on timwest wood freestyle i mean my definition of a good artist should be one who can speat a meaningful freestyl wen called upon

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by equlibrium(m): 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Jst in case grin
you nvr knw u knw wink
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by MrRenaissance: 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
One thing is certain, Davido ruled this year, and if Wizkid doesn't step up his game, he's gon' keep flopping in years to come. It's time he stopped resting on his past laurels and glory and come to the fact that Davido and other upcoming artistes are gonna take his place if he keeps regurgitating the same ol' boring songs.
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by allgoodlight(m): 11:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
The fact is both have their strength and weakness yet talented according to their DNA signature and behavioural chemistry also both are better but Davido is the best in socio-technical term as far as music is concern due to his extra-touch of creative organisation and style although davido can show a let-down attitude atimes showing is human like us not idolic-god.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by spillyboy14: 11:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
I making more money than wizkid and OBO..put together...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by PromiseJonah(m): 12:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Guy you're saying shit #wizkid is better off than davido• Even davido knows that wizkid is currently the 4th richest Nigerian musician, google forbes ranking and find out ooooh. [b] Before you go soon talk say GEJ and Amaechi na the richest men in the world[\b]
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by Dygeasy(m): 1:03am On Jul 03, 2014
Davido seems to me the better businessman. cool

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by abdulahi001: 5:32am On Jul 03, 2014
R

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by imsuboi(m): 8:11am On Jul 03, 2014
In case this makes front page... wink
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by tlanry: 9:45am On Jul 03, 2014
@Op, sadly, these people dont knw u exist....smh4u
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by egopersonified(f): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2014
maybe a poll should be conducted so we can all rest our case.
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by Tval(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2014
Wizkid is more talented, but Davido is currently the talk of the town.

And again, why una no dey tire of comparisons?

Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by DONADAMS(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
dunno
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by onihaxy: 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Opinion: Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2014
Slamantinz: like serzli i use to think davido is better than wizkid due to his versatility not untill when he broke my kidney on timwest wood freestyle i mean my definition of a good artist should be one who can speat a meaningful freestyl wen called upon
Freestyling doesn't make u a great musician, lyrics does, that proves that he doesn't freestyle his songs he writes them. Iceprince couldn't freestyle either on westwood he was reading from the lyrics he wrote in his BB, and he's one of our best rap MCs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FREE MUSIC ALBUM: Ty Bello – Album Title “the Morning Song Book” Download It / Genesis Promo Video Shoot / FULL EP: Okmalumkoolkat ‘bhlomington’ (zip File) DOWNLOAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.