Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,675 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. (1644 Views)

Nigeria Vs Brazil: FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarter Finals (3 - 0) Live / Netherlands Vs Costa Rica:World Cup Q-finals (4 - 3) On Penalties On 7 July 2014 / Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 2:36am On Jul 03, 2014
Costa Rica has been the big surprise of the tournament so far, winning the Group of Champions and then beating Greece on penalty kicks in the round of 16.

But after being slightly favored against the Greeks, Costa Rica returns to its role as big underdogin the quarterfinals, facing a great Dutch attack that has scored 12 goals in four matches.

While the Netherlands has looked great on the attack, it needed two late goals to beat Mexico in the round of 16, and its defense was under siege at times.
Costa Rica is led by its defense, which has been terrific so far. It was a man down facing Greece after a second-half red card. While it gave up a late tying goal, it held the Greeks scoreless in extra time with 10 men.

The Dutch striker duo of Arjen Robbenand Robin van Persie each have three goals, and they have to be the guys the Costa Rica defense must key on. Wesley Sneijderis a very creative midfielder who likes to attack, and while he has not been in top form, he scored in the Mexico match, and his play is key.

The Dutch midfield has to push forward and set up the attack, and it is especially important it gets back to help on defense, as Costa Rica will look for counter-attacking chances.
Joel Campbell and Bryan Ruiz are the two key strikers for Los Ticos, and they have to pressure the suspect Netherlands defense. They must capitalize on scoring chances, as Costa Rica may not get many of them.
The Dutch have the superior midfield while
Costa Rica will play great defense again but will miss Duarte's presence. The Dutch are close enough to have a sniff of completing the job they narrowly failed to finish in 2010.

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by ayukdaboss(m): 2:38am On Jul 03, 2014
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by ayukdaboss(m): 2:40am On Jul 03, 2014
mencade5: .

OLE grin
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 2:53am On Jul 03, 2014
Picture work. Players on display

1. Arjen Robben in action. He is one of the talisman of the dutch team. His speed and dribbles will be vital for their victory.

2. Robin Van Persie. Also known for his flying header against spain as the the 'the flying dutch man' is a prolific striker. His acute skills for goals will be pivotal for his team.

3. Bryan Ruiz. Costa rica's number 10 and captain will be spearheading them into the match as a key figure in unleashing terror and pain to the dutch national team. He has succeeded in demolishing teams like italy with a fantastic goal and helping his team conquer the greek national team.

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 3:22am On Jul 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:

OLE grin
wetin happen na? You haff started oooo. Hahaha
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2014
Costa rica might pull another surprise by defeating netherland. The poor performance of the dutch in their last match may continue.
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:20am On Jul 03, 2014
ayukdaboss: .
you don big pass this level na. tongue hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by Prowizy2(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:38am On Jul 03, 2014
Prowizy2: ______________________________________
this is not primary one class prowizy...hahaha...on that day, once the match start, food and drinks go plenty for freshment. But abeg tell me your brand abeg.
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by Prowizy2(m): 7:45am On Jul 03, 2014
mencade5: this is not primary one class prowizy...hahaha...on that day, once the match start, food and drinks go plenty for freshment. But abeg tell me your brand abeg.
Na ishie ewu with big heineken. . I dey take wen I dey watch match!! cool
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Prowizy2: Na ishie ewu with big heineken. . I dey take wen I dey watch match!! cool
gbam you go get am i promise. Isiewu with big heineken. Everything is on me
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2014
Nigel de jong is ruled out of the competition due to harmstring injury. De jong is the strong force in the dutch team. I wonder how they will play on saturday.
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by Prowizy2(m): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2014
mencade5: gbam you go get am i promise. Isiewu with big heineken. Everything is on me
I trust you! cheesy
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Prowizy2: I trust you! cheesy
who do you think will we win?
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by Prowizy2(m): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2014
mencade5: who do you think will we win?
Costa Rica.'
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2014
Prowizy2: Costa Rica.'
i am with holland in this match
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
Joel campbell of costa rica. His superlative performance in the group stage has made him one of the revelation of this year's world cup.

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Daley blind has been a key member of the dutch squad. He strenght and determination has solidly improve the dutch squad.

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Defender Roy Miller will miss Costa Rica’s historic World Cup quarterfinal with the Netherlands on Saturday because of a left foot injury, according to his federation. Miller, a reserve defender on the national team, almost certainly would’ve certainly started against the Dutch in place of centerback Óscar Duarte — who was red carded during the Ticos’ previous match.
Miller started in the final group game, a 0-0 draw with England. But now La Sele will look for a new replacement for Duarte — who was sent off in the 66th minute of Sunday’s last-16 game against Greece which Costa Rica won on penalties. Jhonny Acosta or midfielder José Miguel Cubero are the likely options to fill the absence.
“The scan showed Miller had a slightly torn muscle in his left foot,” the federation said in a statement
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Roy miller of costa rica out of the match

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nigel De Jong of Netherland out of the match.

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Costa Rican Defender Oscar Duarte was given a red card against Greece.

No team will miss a man more than Costa Rica will miss Oscar Duarte. Though they showed great ability to defend (and stay on their feet) with a man down

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by ayukdaboss(m): 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
ayukdaboss: .......
u just dey book space anyhow abi?? Lol
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by ayukdaboss(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
mencade5: u just dey book space anyhow abi?? Lol

I wan use that room receive guests. grin
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:

I wan use that room receive guests. grin
no be guest room be this oooo.
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2014
Mukina2 please, this threads needs to be taken to frontpage. Thank you
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
24 hours left for the big game
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 12:58am On Jul 05, 2014
as the hour draws closer, andrenaline goes on the rise.
Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by rozayx5(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Go Campbell cool

1 Like

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by englishmart(m): 10:20am On Jul 05, 2014
Costa Rita. Have really been impressive so far.
It's time to say goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Netherland Vs Costa Rica - World Cup Quarter Finals Saturday July 5th by 9pm. by mencade5(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2014
rozayx5: Go Campbell cool
yea...am with you on this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sports Shop In Lagos, Nigeria 08033334606, 014535734 Joerex Sports Nigeria Limit / Nairabet/bet9ja Betting: Is It A Sin Or Not? / Europa league: Halftime!!! Salzburg Vs Marseille 0-0 (live)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.