Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Scientist Unveils Worlds First Robots Newscaster-(with Picture) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientist Unveils Worlds First Robots Newscaster-(with Picture) (856 Views)

Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist / Scientist Uncover "God's Bathtub" In Australia / An Isreali Has Made Τhe Worlds First Cardboard Bicycle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scientist Unveils Worlds First Robots Newscaster-(with Picture) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 03, 2014
Japanese scientist at Tokyo museum have unvieled a robots newscaster, an eerily human-like android that can speak clearly and smoothly.
It has been named Kodomoroid a combination of Kodomo-a Japanese word meaning child and 'roid'-from the word Android. Kodomoroid is a girlish-looking multilingual robot that can recite news and weather reports from around the world in a variety of voices.
With its silicon skin gleamining and artificial muscle, the robot moves its pink lips in time with the voice-over, even performing some human mannerisms such as twiching its eyebrows, blinking and swaying its head from side to side.
Hiroshi Ishiguro, Robotics expert and Osaka University professor says the robot will be useful to research on how people interact with robots and on what diffentiates people from the robot.
Check link for more pictures.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/25/androids-humanoid-robots-newscaster/

Re: Scientist Unveils Worlds First Robots Newscaster-(with Picture) by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 03, 2014
Cool inventions, scientist are coming up with new technology everyday. I see many of this kind of inventions every week on bbc and its always from Asian countries, I have never seen or heard of one from Africa, all the news I hear from my continent is about war, poverty, sucide bombings, corruption, I dont know when we'll ever have peace, God help us.

(1) (Reply)

Mainone Unveils Mdx-i, West Africa’s Premier Tier III Data Center / 12 Apple Watch Features That Will Take Being Basic To The Next Level / HELP: My Sony Home Theatre Has Been Showing "Protector. Push Power"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.