Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) (2736 Views)

The University Village - A Story / The Teen Glory (A Teen Christian Novella) / Till It Ripe (my Encounter With A Teen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
THE UNIVERSITY JOURNEY OF A TEEN (1): THE D-DAY

Stares, weird ones at that were what I got as I walk calmly to my seat. It seemed like everyone was wondering if I had come to see an elder brother in class. Whispers of “that’s a cute little boy, wonder who his brother is” filled the lecture room. I had tried to imagine what they would their reactions would be like when they get to know we were classmates and that we were going to be together for some years, as classmates.

Was that the kind of response I had expected to get in my first day at a non-uniformed institution? Yes! I had meditated on this countless times before the D-day and the thought of it alone, freaked me out. As expected, I got so many visits at the end of the class that one could easily mistake me for a prophet seeing visions of what their G.P.As would be.

I was the only guy in class whose chin was as empty and uninhabited as the Sahara desert. As for the rest of the guys, their beards could be mistaken for the Amazon forest; quite intimidating but again, quite expected. Beautiful girls I saw but, I knew my fate right from day one; asking ANY of them out would be far more suicidal than living cloth-less in the Antarctica.

“How old are you?”, “At what age did you finish high school?” and “You are not supposed to be here” in that sequence, came throbbing to my ears more than my mother would if I failed to do an assigned chore. It got even more annoying when someone told me “When I was your age, I could not even read”, if not for the fact that this guy stature was like a mixture of Mike Tyson and Chuck Norris, I would have given him 2 never-to-forget punches. I mean, is it a crime to be sixteen and in the university? Well my classmates showed me that the answer to that was a big YES!

Lectures for the day are over and I thought the whisperings and queer would be too but I was wrong, it was just the beginning of the beginning. The reactions in the lecture room were actually a thousand times better when compared to the reactions outside of it. Eyes popping, jaws dropping, wrinkles forming; all these were the kind of reactions I got and as usual, the whispers and the looks. “God, let me disappear and reappear with beards” my weeping mind prayed but then I realized this was no Nigerian movie, this was real life.

Finally managed to reach home, tired and exhausted more from having to be a ‘celebrity’ than from the lecture. My first day which I looked up to as the D-day, turned out to be dooms-day as I got to know my fate. This was a court and the final verdict would be read as thus:

“It is hereby decided that you are sentenced to queer looks and whispers until you are able to grow full beards and there is no option of fine. The school has spoken”.

Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
Fiction or non-fiction?

1 Like

Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Non-fiction
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
Timzy234: Non-fiction

Wow.. Okay..
I'm following.. Don't keep the updates.. Drop it.
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
I think the best thing would be to follow me while I follow back coz I have not written the second yet let me start by following you (on Nairaland) right now. But how will you rate it?
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Now following..

The story seems good to be..
Put up more updates and I will access it more.. Can't judge very well with an update...

Seems cliché tho. But yours might turn out diff.

Enjoying the story.
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Come and continue this update na
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Come and continue this update na
in 2 days sir
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
Timzy234: in 2 days sir

Okay bro..
How's Uganda?
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Okay bro..
How's Uganda?

cold, kiki. Makes me not to be zealous about Naija. 24/7 power and water, security, very nice weather, security. We good. Naija nko?
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
nice start.
following..
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: nice start.
following..
wow, thanks
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
Timzy234:
cold, kiki. Makes me not to be zealous about Naija. 24/7 power and water, security, very nice weather, security. We good. Naija nko?

Lol.. Okay..
Naija dey
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Mogenerous(f): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Following as well! Seems promising
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mogenerous: Following as well! Seems promising

Thanks dear
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 11, 2014
U beta come n update b4 i...
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 16, 2014
The link to the second part and more updates to follow:

http://www.*.com*.ng/b32/university-journey-teen/2564/

Remove the 2 *
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2014
2 days don pass o.

Come and update it here..

I don't frequent that site.
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by hebex12(m): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
continue please
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
*continued*

HE UNIVERSITY JOURNEY OF A TEEN (2): BROTHER-ZONED

I survived the first week though not with ease. Passing through a week with visible and audible whispers could break down even Mike Tyson with all the confidence he has. My greatest challenge now was communication. It was hard to make anybody see reason with me because they all said “when did you start life, you baby of yesterday”, even the idiots.

Now, inasmuch as I wanted to make them understand that there were so many things that they were wrong about, I did not want to be the “I know all” kind of person. So I decided I would let time to work out things and put my energy into the books and probably getting a date, or so I had hoped to.

By my third week at campus, I had a couple of friends, mostly female and I was kind of cool with it because I thought the ladies adored me; I was so wrong. The guys started telling me, one at a time, that I was deceiving myself and that there was nothing real between me and the ladies. I smelt jealousy at first but in the next few weeks, I discovered the truth and it was sour.   I was being brother-zoned in the most unimaginable way possible.

“Dear, please get me a soda” followed by “Thanks, I love you so much” then a hug became a pattern for the next two weeks and my little head was now sparkling, courtesy of the countless Filipino movies I had watched and I saw ‘hope’. I started noticing that things were not right when I became the consultant when it came to choice of guys.  “What do you think of Peter? Be honest” was the kind of questions I received and my reaction was simply to drop my jaws down, looking like a complete zombie.

After putting my hope that at least, since I couldn’t get a date in high school, I would get one here, all I got was a mind-devastating, verbally unexplainable brother-zoning. This is not the normal friend-zoning, this was something like supernatural just as it would be if your dad told you he would get you a car on your eighteenth birthday but you later discovered that he meant a toy car.

When I explained to some dudes in my class, my sincere bitter story, all they could do was laugh, then in a tone of mockery, they said “You think you can get a sugar mummy here?”…. like I was looking for one!!!
(c). Pen Side of Tim
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by BashirAhmad1(m): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Follow...
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
SammyHoe Seun LogoDWhiz make una show, food don done.
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
PrinceAdepoju show abeg
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Okay ayam here... hi house
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by meelorlah(f): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Looks cool....following
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Aipete2(f): 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
9c wan. Bt me oh, i got admission into the college of educatn ikere at d age of 15 n later crossed to unn at d age of 16, and also mai brother he's movin to 15 n nw in 200lvl
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
Aipete2: 9c wan. Bt me oh, i got admission into the college of educatn ikere at d age of 15 n later crossed to unn at d age of 16, and also mai brother he's movin to 15 n nw in 200lvl

N for Naija now bt me no deyy Naija. I finished high school at 14
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Aipete2(f): 11:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
Timzy234:

N for Naija now bt me no deyy Naija. I finished high school at 14
d same age i graduated 4rm secondary skul. Dats gud sha
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 21, 2014
Aipete2: d same age i graduated 4rm secondary skul. Dats gud sha
now you 20 something?
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Aipete2(f): 6:59am On Jul 21, 2014
Timzy234:
now you 20 something?
Lolz. No, i will be 19 diz year october
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Aipete2: Lolz. No, i will be 19 diz year october
I see hope! Lol. How would you rate the writeup?
Re: The University Journey Of A Teen (Writing Series) by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Aipete2: d same age i graduated 4rm secondary skul. Dats gud sha

chai!!! how did u do it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dances With Wolves [18+] - Bleep, Scandal, Betrayal, Lust,crime / A Strange Man In A Strange Place Eating Strange Foods. / World Fantasy Award Goes To Nnedi Okorafor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.