Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Marquee Code - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Marquee Code (730 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marquee Code by moore20: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2008
anybody home, ?
please i need a code for a marquee effect to move text on labels from right to left on the form

thanks

one luv y'all
Re: Marquee Code by yawatide(f): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2008
From a usability standpoint, marquees and blinks are not the best way to go about it. To be honest, such movements make me dizzy and interestingly, I just read an article that says such movements can trigger seizures in 5% of the US web surfing population, who happen to be epileptic). Why must you use a marquee? Just curious.

If you want your labels to stand out, consider bolding them, using STRONG tags (although the CSS styling of "font-weight" is preferred). If you want to notify the user of a field he/she didn't complete, then you can consider a javascript popup alerting them to that effect in addition to backend valdation, where you could change the color of the labels to red so they know, with a message at the top of the page, where they went wrong. Finally, put a red asterisk by labels with required fields.

Any other questions, let us know. Thanks.
Re: Marquee Code by rockon(m): 7:37am On Oct 07, 2008
here is the code for marquee.

<marquee onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="1" style="color: #00008B; font-size: 30px; font-weight: bold"> <a href=" ">sweet games plus more</a></marquee>

hope you like it.

thanks

free templates
web designing company

(1) (Reply)

Uploading Site / Alertpay Issues / Finally Every Business Can Afford A Great Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.