Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board (16717 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / Nff Board Meets Over Eaglets Age Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by eunisam: 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
The nation appears to be once again heading on a collision course with world football governing body, FIFA following a ruling by a court in Plateau State that sacked Alhaji Aminu Maigari as the President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Maigari was sacked alongside the entire board of the NFF.

They were told by the court to stop parading themselves as the leadership of the football house in a case brought by Chairman of Nembe Football Club, Ebiakpo Baribote, who went to court to contest the decision by the NFF board to ban him for 15 years from all football related activities in the country.

The injunction was delivered on Wednesday and asked the Sports Ministry to appoint the most senior civil servant at the football house in an acting capacity as acting Secretary General, pending the determination of the suite on July 11.

Following the development, the Minister of Sports, Dr. Tammy Danagogo, who also received a copy of the judgement on Thursday, has appointed Lawrence Katiken as the acting Secretary General.

However, FIFA is most likely going to demand that the status quo remains failure which could lead to the suspension of the country by the football body.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/fresh-fifa-sanction-looms-as-court-sacks-maigari-nff-board/[color=]The nation appears to be once

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by tuffgongjo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
Another Episode of roforofo,fuji house of commotions rolled into one is about to start,watch with interest in 3D.

5 Likes

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by ojuafact: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by ITbomb(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
You mean they won't be around to chop the FIFA World Cup goodies? Impossible
If not for anything, NFF should avoid FIFA hammer until after the world cup appearance goodies have been shared. It would be appealed

2 Likes

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by Vstuffs(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by EmmaOgbu(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hahahahahahahahaha I day c danger, danger, wahala day, wahala day.
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by abbeydammy(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
how does that bring back our girls. Mtcheww
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by Emulti(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
ok
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nawaoo...see everybody bookin spac.....there is God ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by braine(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Whatever.

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by UDbester(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Wonderful shall never end in dat glass house!

2 Likes

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by Ajibel(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dis is big sh!t!! LMC are also facing a court order. Fed cup is on. NPFL is yet to resume

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by slimthugchimee(m): 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Spreads mat gets ready
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by Funbii(m): 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
I hope not
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by iceberylin(m): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
abbeydammy: how does that bring back our girls. Mtcheww
SMH
nobody stops u from going to Sambisa forest ni

7 Likes

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by saasala(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
I sha hope FIFA wont ban us o, that will be ver bad o.
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by slimthugchimee(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
I dont even understand

2 Likes

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by hensben(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
in psquare voice "i dey see danger"

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by Cooljoe1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
eunisam: The nation appears to be once again heading on a collision course with world football governing body, FIFA following a ruling by a court in Plateau State that sacked Alhaji Aminu Maigari as the President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Maigari was sacked alongside the entire board of the NFF.

They were told by the court to stop parading themselves as the leadership of the football house in a case brought by Chairman of Nembe Football Club, Ebiakpo Baribote, who went to court to contest the decision by the NFF board to ban him for 15 years from all football related activities in the country.

The injunction was delivered on Wednesday and asked the Sports Ministry to appoint the most senior civil servant at the football house in an acting capacity as acting Secretary General, pending the determination of the suite on July 11.

Following the development, the Minister of Sports, Dr. Tammy Danagogo, who also received a copy of the judgement on Thursday, has appointed Lawrence Katiken as the acting Secretary General.

However, FIFA is most likely going to demand that the status quo remains failure which could lead to the suspension of the country by the football body.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/fresh-fifa-sanction-looms-as-court-sacks-maigari-nff-board/[color=]The nation appears to be once
if nigeria no participate for nxt afcon due 2 fifa sanction,na gbege 4 CAF oooo #no t.v right money bdat

3 Likes

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by eunisam: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
did i made front page?
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by chibwike(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
please oh what button will i press if i want to use Suarez to bite in my PS2.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by tuffgongjo(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
UDbester: Wonderful shall never end in dat glass house!
.na so,since money can walk out of d glass house nothing that happens there can amuse me again.
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by chibwike(m): 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
eunisam: did i made front page?
no you made backpage.

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by toprealman: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sepp a latter is a dictator. Why won't you kick out somebody that is not performing? If a whole president of a country can be impeached why should the president of an insignificant association be spared?

1 Like

Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by teniola55(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
A
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by sulmeza(m): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Abeg dis pple no sabi fifa rules nd regulatns at all...court ruling is void in football relatd issues,it's dat simple
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by M4gunners: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
Something dey happen well well , dey say dey sack 2morrow we hear say he still dey power.
Re: Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board by DesChyko: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sacked or suspended? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fenerbahce Prepare Loan Bid For Iheanacho / FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Nigeria At 34th / The players keep me going, I would have walked away long ago - Waldrum Hits NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.