Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) (37541 Views)

UNIBEN Lecturer Caught In The Act / Uniben Lecturer Caught In The Act: / Uniben Lecturer Suspended Over Gross Misconduct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Samguine: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
aaronson: @op hope you were in class when he addressed the issue and told every one the guy isn't his body guard but a junior lecturer who's tryna come and the said lecturer isn't that hefty like you make people think and he doesn't look bodyguard cus he dresses like he coming to work and he's on uniben's pay row so stop coming on here to exaggerate useless fact cus the junior lecturer is my friend and we just had meal together in food court not too long ago.
Don't you have any idea of the usefulness of punctuation marks? angry

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by gebest: 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
NO BE HIM FAULT, D DEGREE OF KIDNAPPING IN UNIBEN IS TOO HIGH.
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by ChideraFavour(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
Bros no vex o, ur in social science abi? Pls can u tell us d name of d lecturer? which course is he taking? Which level? When was d incident happened? Which lecture theater/hall? And when has associatn wt junior lecturer bcom a crime in university of Benin? I am also a student of uniben, social science in particular pls bros wt due respect stop defiln our name in a public forum lik ds, if u dnt knw wht 2 post pls do well 2 remain a ghost reader it is allowed in nairaland

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by simplynola(m): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
There's no big deal with that. Just face the board and not the guard except if you admire him. When i was in Univ. the VC comes to class with body guards as he takes jurispudence in law
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by project774: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
Yomieluv: thank God you are aware,if not,the op would have been feeding us with zobo,lie lie op...

So what makes you think the poster you quoted is telling the truth? In fact, the response of the poster you quoted makes me believe the OP because it raised certain questions like:

Why should a so called "Junior Lecturer" come to the class wearing dark shades, rigid looking suits and give off a stern, intimidating body language that would make students uncomfortable?

How come the so called "Junior Lecturer" chooses to stand at a position that is questionable? If he is there to learn the art of teaching, shouldn't he take a seat behind? to properly observe the teacher? Wouldn't he also carry the lecturers teaching materials? At least it is the practise in many higher institutions of learning.

Finally, NL is powerful, the poster who came on the defensive may be the "bodyguard" claiming to be a friend.

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by DocAdray(f): 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
LOL,
OP don enter 'one chance' today!

Pictures or... you know the rest nah.
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
DEGREE2466: I think this is the weirdest thing i have seen among nigeria civil servants.

There is this lecturer in my school (university of Benin) in the faculty of Social Science precisely that comes to class with a bodyguard. This type of behaviour is uncalled for because to me the guard is a distraction to the students.

All he(the bodyguard) does is to put on suit(which we know something must be inside), cover his eyes with black glasses and be looking up, down, right and left monitoring every movement in the lecture hall.

When the lecturer discovered that the students are not comfortable with the guard, he gave an excuse that he is teaching that hefty dude how to teach. Why has teaching become an apprentice job and what happened to faculty of education and college of education.

I think it is high time we condemned the excesses of this civil servants!!!
We still have special advisers to governors and president that are lecturers too tongue, they are not mere civil servants
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by platz(m): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
pictures or u know naaa
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by myspnigeria: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
no picture prove?
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
How much dem dey pay the lecturer way him dey use maintain bodyguard ?

Abi he don join V.C. levels ?
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by fubbyy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
If it were to be in unical around 99 - 2001, that dude go run comot that class I swear, things done change na, na boy scout full school now dey form rugged
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by enomakos(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
so what?wetin concern you
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by fm7070: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
Who wan die? I don't see anything wrong in what the lecturer is doing or has done
He can afford it, he has worked to that level, so he deserves it
University of Benin has gotten a very ugly record in the operation of cultist, assasination, robbery, etc
Students should concentrate on their studies and leave the niga alone
I used to know a wing commandant who was a lecturer in UNILAG
He probably won't want to reveal his identity to everyone,
so, if his orderly stood as bodyguard, he would be chastised by a student who doesn't even know what his/her future holds

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by paulworld(m): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pishure or it never happened
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by rosemachi(f): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
DEGREE2466: I think this is the weirdest thing i have seen among nigeria civil servants.

There is this lecturer in my school (university of Benin) in the faculty of Social Science precisely that comes to class with a bodyguard. This type of behaviour is uncalled for because to me the guard is a distraction to the students.

All he(the bodyguard) does is to put on suit(which we know something must be inside), cover his eyes with black glasses and be looking up, down, right and left monitoring every movement in the lecture hall.

When the lecturer discovered that the students are not comfortable with the guard, he gave an excuse that he is teaching that hefty dude how to teach. Why has teaching become an apprentice job and what happened to faculty of education and college of education.

hahhahahahahhaaaa, nija no dey carry last
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Topsonluv(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
rubbish , nothing to post again. what's my business . abeg free me jor
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by SweetyZinta(f): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
come and take my phone so you can snap d lecturer urself. I know u r so fearless #EGYECI!!!
alwaysbehappy: Where is d picture
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Kunle106(m): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
I was hoping to see the picture as a backup to the story.. Crappy
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by MVLOX(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
where pics or its not true.
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by IYANGBALI: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
tobechi20: Pastor uses bodyguard....why cant lecturers
even shekau the head of boko are rams get bodyguards
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by IYANGBALI: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
rosemachi:
hahhahahahahhaaaa, nija no dey carry last
JJC must you quote the whole story before writing dis pooo?
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
aaronson: @op hope you were in class when he addressed the issue and told every one the guy isn't his body guard but a junior lecturer who's tryna come and the said lecturer isn't that hefty like you make people think and he doesn't look bodyguard cus he dresses like he coming to work and he's on uniben's pay row so stop coming on here to exaggerate useless fact cus the junior lecturer is my friend and we just had meal together in food court not too long ago.

You're a student? Of a university?
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Prinxx(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
I know a lecturer back then that had a body guard. Sociology dept in Uniben
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Codedrock:

So u people are still on Nairaland?
Ow... I thought those hackers don flush your types away during Nairaland off period
hahaaaaa
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Bedrock150: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
The lacturer is afraid of something which is Best known to Him!
But the Action is not Proper.
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by seedorfg(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Leh me c hw d bodyguard chest b lik and hw e tak stand b4 i comment
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Ninilowo(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Na3310 una carry come? No pix to substantiate? Sorry. Na only you Waka come den.
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by domido(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
Guy post pix or give a hint of d lecr or his course, cos ama student dere n i knw of a lecr dat comes to class wit sum1. So drop a hint.
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Emma8043(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
I fit bliv this story at all wey i no even see any picture or shadow of the body guard
*slowly SMH and walking out of the thread*
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by paris10: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2014

Pls and pls always put picture of whoever you talking about. Makes you look silly and uninformed.
Re: UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird) by Evergreen4(m): 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Prinxx: I know a lecturer back then that had a body guard. Sociology dept in Uniben
That's the dept I graduated from, I know the lecturer you're talking about but I won't like to mention names, the man is an old man, brief in height, a phd holder and he's from Delta State. By the way, did u graduate from Sociology dept too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos) / Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.