Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

How To Prepare For Your ICAN Professional Exam - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Prepare For Your ICAN Professional Exam (1476 Views)

Preparaing For Ican Professional Examination 1 May Diet / Ican Professional Examination Result Is Out / Ican Professional Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare For Your ICAN Professional Exam by ogedanny: 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
How to Prepare for professional Exam
I read this tip on a blog and decide to share it here because it contains useful guide for ICAN/ACCA exam preparation steps:

we will be sending mass message to our members on how to get this materials for free - register now: http://accountingtoolkit-ng.com/member.php?action=register

For the average Nigerian Accounting Graduate, the next part to career advancement is the ICAN exam. This is particularly useful especially with the rate of unemployment in the country. They (the graduate) believe getting the ICAN qualification will enhance their employability. This is also TRUE because most job vacancies today require the qualification.

The road to getting this qualification is not an easy one I must tell you but following some secrets that I'll be sharing here is going to make the process less tedious and the qualification quicker to obtain.
Before I go on with the secrets, you must have at the back of your mind that the purpose of the exam is not just to land you your dream job but also to make you a thoroughly breed professional.

The ICAN PE1 exam is the first stage to write as an accounting graduate from an ICAN accredited institution and this stage comprises of four subjects, including Financial Accounting (FA), Management Accounting (MA), Advance Audit & Assurance (AAA) and lastly Information Technology (IT). I will take them one after the other.

FIRST SECRET - ATTEND LECTURES

The first secret after making up your mind to write the exam is ATTENDING LECTURES. Remember the terrain you're venturing into is a 'fresh' one. You need people who are familiar with the part to guide you. You might have graduated as the best student in your class or even with a first class degree, please attend lectures. The tutors most times have both theoretical and practical experience as professionals. Some of them are examiners with several years of experience and they know how and where to teach. I know a few people who didn't attend lectures and still passed. The truth is; they will not be as good as the ones that attended lectures (professionalism). Other advantages of attending lectures is that you have the opportunity of tapping from combined knowledge and also NETWORKING. You'll meet the future ICAN president in your class!

Read full tips here: http://accountingtoolkit-ng.com/Thread-how-to-prepare-for-professional-exam

Feel Free to Join ICAN/ACCA Student forum in Nigeria and discuss tips and share study packs
Re: How To Prepare For Your ICAN Professional Exam by ednut1(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
story i neva attended lectures, no be by lectures
Re: How To Prepare For Your ICAN Professional Exam by ogedanny: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2014
yea...it is posiible, what of people that are working?

(1) (Reply)

The Dream School Expose - Feel Our Britishness / Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (p-yes)recruitment Is On (how To Apply) / Interested In Making Some Cash?it's Easy And Affordable, No Tricks, No Gimicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.