Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm (15566 Views)

Sale Of Poultry Cages / The Prospect, Price And Peril Of Poultry Industry In Nigeria / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by Nehemiah459(m): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Setting up a business plan for the establishment of a poultry farm is of a Herculean task that has to do with the feasibility phases study; when considering the types and kinds of a poultry farm, one wants to establish. Poultry as a part of agricultural activities with an outstanding core economic objective is a practice under agricultural husbandry farming processes that includes piggery, cow, rearing, milk production, skin and hides production, fishery, snail, bees and honey production, poultry and generally, all other aspects of animal production and management. To establish a poultry farm; these two types of agriculture, based on the one, ones choose to practice, is frequently available under the classification of the followings:

1. Subsistence poultry farming – (personal/family consumption)
2. Mechanized poultry farming – (market/commercial purpose

In view to the expected feasibility study, market survey and the general establishment of a standard poultry farm; based on kind of poultry birds, the entrepreneurship wants to rear, ranging from the available best and fast practices across the world; such as:

Conclusion

From the survey carries out all the projections made. It is discovered that the project will be a worthwhile one. The project has the ability to pay back its own capital within just three years and has a capital employ of 34% making it very viable.

Extensive research has been made still other suggestion will still be welcomed by well-wishers.

Source: https://learnvercity.com/2477/business-plan-establishment-poultry-farm/
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by ultrazone(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
Read the guide
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by UncleSnr(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2015
ultrazone:
If you need to empower yourself in fish and poultry farming free, I suggest you take a look at my signature.
Grace found me!!!
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2015
There is an error in the costs of chicks.

The cost was for 1000 chicks insteqd of 3000 chicks that you used for the report.
Also, there was no allowance for death. You also made assumption that all must lay each day.
Nice attempt though.
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by UncleSnr(m): 11:28am On Jan 02, 2015
mercylicious:
There is an error in the costs of chicks.

The cost was for 1000 chicks insteqd of 3000 chicks that you used for the report.
Also, there was no allowance for death. You also made assumption that all must lay each day.
Nice attempt though.
Thanks for your observation and correction. Business plan was written years ago but recently published online.
Once more, thanks for the chip-in concerning lost.
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by Joecel007: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2015
Poultry farming business requires adequate planning. There are several things to put into consideration. But, yeah, truth is, there is so much money to be made in the business.
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by Viktor1983(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Nice Thread, I've Got Land already ( 4plots). Just working on securing the perimeter with mesh before I commence..
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by trendphemmy(m): 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
sorry oh op. I just want to ask some questions.

provided u started with 3000 birds and 200 died, dat meabs u are left with 2800 and u should expect 2000 eggs per day. if u get dat in 60 days it is 120,000. and if sold at 20 naira per egg it is 2.4m in 2 months. or am missing something.

u said capital can be made back in 3 years. is it 3 years or 3 months. thanks
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by ceo001(m): 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pls where can I get about 200 crates of eggs around ph and its environs?
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by ultrazone(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
mn
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by LagBlogger(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is certainly a risky estimation for a commercial poultry farm (with an estimated minimum of 1,000 birds) in my opinion judging from current realities (2016) but since you wrote this piece in 2014 I can understand. Starting out with day old chicks requires less investment in terms of cost but greater investment in terms of achieving sales. So depending on your financial situation and projections I guess the option you opt for would be entirely up to you (the poultry farmer). Let me add though that getting a bankable poultry business plan in Nigeria is no mean fit and must be acquired prudently. The financial projections must be absolutely correct or you might as well write a novel.
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by mediang: 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
Get the latest and updated Poultry farming business plan in Nigeria
http://mediacity.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-plan-feasibility-study-in-nigeria/
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by LagBlogger(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2017
Keep up the good work!
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by Derealme(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Do you want maize at the cheapest price? Do you want maize in large quantity any where in Nigeria? Call or WhatsApp Folabi on 07069596909

Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by iseeicome: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by ultrazone(m): 6:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
nss
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by joeyarticles: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
eesghcgjvhb
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by anucha20natasha: 3:19am On Aug 10, 2020
Hello good day. I am Natasha. There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20ANU500
It's all free. It's for everyone and remember God loves you. 09024119520
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by konews: 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
get our Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-plan-in-nigeria/
Re: A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm by supergist: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
get our Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria With 3 Years Financial Analysis
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-plan-in-nigeria-with-3-years-financial-analysis/

(1) (Reply)

Snail Farming In Nigeria – Benefits, Advantages, Facts About Snail Farming / Purchase Yam Tubers, Oranges, Livestock From The Source SUPER-CHEAP!! / Ukraine Ready To Establish Grain Hubs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.