Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Top Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies Ready For New Homes!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Top Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies Ready For New Homes!!! (2292 Views)

Cooper/Eve slant puppies ready for pick up (Pics) / Cute Lhasa Apso Puppies Needs New Homes... / High Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies Ready For New Homes!!! by Ajanii(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
5 weeks old Lhasa Apso puppies ready for new homes. You can reach me on 07030700083 for enquiries. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies Ready For New Homes!!! by dasparrow: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ajanii: 5 weeks old Lhasa Apso puppies ready for new homes. You can reach me on 07030700083 for enquiries. Thank you

The puppies are very cute but please make sure the puppies are properly weaned before you sell them. The puppies are weaned from their mother at 8 weeks old. Any reputable breeder knows this very important fact. Puppies that are separated from their mother before 8 weeks (2 months) of age will develop some serious behavioral problems in adulthood like aggression amongst others. Please kindly do the right thing and wait till the puppies are properly weaned before you take them away from their mother and sell them off. They are certain socialization skills puppies can only learn from their mother and littermates (siblings) and these occurs in the first 8 weeks of a puppy's life.

Here is a link to an insightful article by Dr Becker that addresses what I have just told you:

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/09/29/puppies-taken-from-litter-too-soon-develop-behavior-problems-as-adults.aspx

Excerpts from the article:

Here's more proof puppies need to stay with their families of origin (their litters and the mother dog) for at least the first two months of life

A study done in Italy and just reported in Veterinary Record, the official journal of the British Veterinary Association provides yet more evidence puppies should not be separated from their mother and littermates too early.

The study, titled Prevalence of owner-reported behaviours in dogs separated from the litter at two different ages, involved 140 adult dogs. Half were taken from their litters at 30 to 40 days of age and half were removed at 60 days.

Half the dogs were purchased at pet shops, a third came from a friend or relative, and the rest came from breeders.

The study results indicate the puppies separated early from their litters were significantly more likely to develop behavior problems as adults than puppies who stayed with their littermates for at least two months.

The 'Sensitive Period' in a Puppy's Development

There is evidence certain behavior tendencies in dogs -- anxiety, fearfulness, noise phobia, aggression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, for example – have a genetic component.

However, researchers and experts in the field of canine behavior believe it is a combination of genetics, environment and experience (nature and nurture) that contributes most significantly to behavioral development.

We know for a fact puppies pass through a sensitive stage during which it is critically important they be well socialized to other dogs, humans, and a wide variety of stimuli in their environment.

During this important period, generally agreed to be from around 2½ to 3 weeks through 12 to 14 weeks, a puppy's brain is primed to accept new experiences with minimal fear. The experiences the pup has during this sensitive time actually have the capacity to modify the brain. What your puppy experiences (or doesn't experience) during this stage of development has a profound impact on his adult character, temperament and behavior.

Since part of a pup's socialization is learning appropriate dog-to-dog interaction, it is in the best interests of puppies to remain with the mother and littermates until they are at least 8 to 8½ weeks old.

Research suggests many of the social and behavioral problems seen in adult dogs have their roots in too-early separation from the litter.

Taken from: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/09/29/puppies-taken-from-litter-too-soon-develop-behavior-problems-as-adults.aspx

5 Likes

Re: Top Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies Ready For New Homes!!! by Ajanii(m): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thank you for your opinion. Before a puppy is taken away from my kennel..... I make sure I know the client's history with pets and if he/she is a good handler or not. I've gotten puppies in the past at just 4 weeks due to some certain circumstances and they have good temperaments and an excellent attitude to strangers and other dogs. If I realize a client is not up to the task of taking care of my pups.... I DON'T release them. That's why I left my contact in the post for "enquiries" and not immediate urgent sale. Once again.... Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Top Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies Ready For New Homes!!! by oblo(m): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
still available?

(1) (Reply)

Exotic Lhasa Apso Pups....( New Litter) all sold thanks / A Newly Discovered Amimal... Suggest A Name For It Please! / Gigantic Black Caucasian Male...a Must See!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.