Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) (62005 Views)

Top 20 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2016) / Here Is The List Of The Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria. / Top 100 Best Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by silverloaded: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
how to make money with Facebook call 07037254322 or visit WWW.silverloaded.tk
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by LordMecuzy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lies @OP. Babcock cost includes feeding cos they don't give u optional feeding. AUN Remains d most expensive.

Have u heard of BASE University in Abuja?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by hannne(f): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Is the certificate different from the ones collected in fed uni nd will i be a given a job immediately i gradute.
Am sure some fed students are better than them with all this money been paid.i pay 20k in my sch.dia fees can train me in sch 50 times
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by zicoraads: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
feran14: idk... Am just sick of hearing the same line
Then say something meaningful and stop repeating this same 'am sick of hearing bla bla bla' line we too are tired of hearing.

What I expected from u was a constructive and educative reply to the valid opinion of that gentleman. Yes, we finance(d) these universities...so why can't we afford them?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by asidere(m): 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
which position is BIU in the list? the universities own by churches tends to be very expensive and it is only the rich that goes to their universities,not considering if they are born again or not
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by steffoode: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
naija una too much
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
That's Nice
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by angela98(f): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Its pathetic. With all the millions and thousands of naira as school fees. My question is, if they graduate and they get employed how much will they be paid as monthly salary..no matter how rich their parents are the truth is this student must work someday to feel relevant...hmmm na wah! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist: Ironically, most of them are owned by churches whose members finance, and at the end of the day they can't afford to send their children there.

Get this straight....universities are very very expensive.

It is only in Nigeria that we think that universities are like glorified secondary schools, where we sit down and just attend lectures,pass exams and get our paper qualification after four years.

Well, Universities also exist to do research.....and all sorts of research. That means facilities that are far in excess of any secodary school. Universities also exist to train not only undergraduates,but post-grads, and even people in employment. Plus they have hundreds of workers who must be paid at rates comparable to the Federal Universities.....or else they walk...and we haven't even talked about their pensions, or about how much it costs to maintain facilites in said universities.

Plus , universities must provide good housing for their students....and the fact is if a student is not living in good accommodation, he/she won't do well. (I studied in a Federal Univerisity....until my final year before I had a room to myself....for the last two months of my student career. At one point, I was sharing a room with six students).If a student is not well fed., he/she won't do well. And all that costs money.

Plus most of the church run universities can only get some funding for their activities from the parent church. You think that Oyedepo, for example, takes all the tithes and offerings in his church and pours it into Covenant? As if he does not have numerous pastors, church branches, missions, welfare, etc that he has to fund as well. Plus, churches like the Adventists that have parent churches in the West can only get some funding from the Parent church oversea....and not all of it goes into the university....they have hundreds of other obligations.

Let's be honest....university education is expensive. If you want to produce world beater graduates you have to pay for it. No excuses. Add the fact that Govt does not fund private universities....they just give you the land and registration and that's it.....and you see why they have high fees.

8 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by akereconfi: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
3 million for Babcook when my Uni here in Nottingham is 3.2

trash

3 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Onlytru: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
It's sad that most folks in this forum are ill-informed. Even in America 70% of the colleges/universities are owned by Catholic and the least expensive among them are around $40k (~ #7million). The states own higher institutions are not far fetched from that price range. In a nut-shell college diploma is skyrocketing all over the globe not only in Nigeria.

-_- 0nlyTru

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by ojun50(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Federal polytechnic Auchi edo state.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by mayo47(m): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Loads of ignorant peeps here.....

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Yemlizzy(f): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Where is Covenant universitysad on the list?

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Get this straight....universities are very very expensive.

It is only in Nigeria that we think that universities are like glorified secondary schools, where we sit down and just attend lectures,pass exams and get our paper qualification after four years.

Well, Universities also exist to do research.....and all sorts of research. That means facilities that are far in excess of any secodary school. Universities also exist to train not only undergraduates,but post-grads, and even people in employment. Plus they have hundreds of workers who must be paid at rates comparable to the Federal Universities.....or else they walk...and we haven't even talked about their pensions, or about how much it costs to maintain facilites in said universities.

Plus , universities must provide good housing for their students....and the fact is if a student is not living in good accommodation, he/she won't do well. (I studied in a Federal Univerisity....until my final year before I had a room to myself....for the last two months of my student career. At one point, I was sharing a room with six students).If a student is not well fed., he/she won't do well. And all that costs money.

Plus most of the church run universities can only get some funding for their activities from the parent church. You think that Oyedepo, for example, takes all the tithes and offerings in his church and pours it into Covenant? As if he does not have numerous pastors, church branches, missions, welfare, etc that he has to fund as well. Plus, churches like the Adventists that have parent churches in the West can only get some funding from the Parent church oversea....and not all of it goes into the university....they have hundreds of other obligations.

Let's be honest....university education is expensive. If you want to produce world beater graduates you have to pay for it. No excuses. Add the fact that Govt does not fund private universities....they just give you the land and registration and that's it.....and you see why they have high fees.

you seem to be the only reasonable person here. The level of ignorance is like a knife stab to me. I wonder where Nigerians get the notion from that certain businesses should be run like charities.

Are you people so brainless or just ignorant. Do you know the expense of operating a university. Nigerians should really wake up and stop living in utopia.

Nigerian parents should get it into their brains that university education is not cheap and should open special accounts for their babies where they can save for their baby's university education over a course of more than 10 years.

The federal government should focus on making primary and secondary education free or very cheap and make bearers of waec and ssce results gainfully employable while gradually withdrawing all subventions to focus on other areas of development.

University education is not cheap.

6 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by pat077: 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
HARDUBUY: Post jamb rejected students are those u find in private skools these dayz..
most of their graduate whose parent r nt well connected 'll end-up teachin in a private sch where they 'll earn peanut.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Sike(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
But wait o, which other courses are these institutions lecturing that other institution don't teach?! Made in Heaven course or what?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by bxcode(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
And you call all these missionary schools, with these outrageous fees
If i hearundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by WhyAWhy(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
Am I lying?

Yes until we hear someone who can confirm that a gun was held to his head to part with his hard earned cash for the sake of a university project
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by ademega(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Most painful part is that job is not even automatic. state and federal university graduates are prefer as their lecturers .
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Kendzyma(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Are u kidding me?what of OAU?abi u avnt heard?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by hunter21(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
bells university fee is #563000 and our hostels look like shhiiit

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by bashwaziri: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
[b][/b]
Funny how xtians pay tithe to churches and the churches uses the Money to establish universities, then turn around and charges the poor congregation exorbitant fees to access what they contributed to build!! Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop!!!

*Heard CAN presido is building his own too! No wonder the man is blindly following n supporting GEJ/PDP. After private.jet, its private university. Wonder what else he's planning? Maybe private state.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
zicoraads: Then say something meaningful and stop repeating this same 'am sick of hearing bla bla bla' line we too are tired of hearing.

What I expected from u was a constructive and educative reply to the valid opinion of that gentleman. Yes, we finance(d) these universities...so why can't we afford them?
eh?? :/ sorry
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Handcuff: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
A Pentecostal church.
forgotten the name.
one of the fire and brimstone ones.

It seem you are no longer a christian ?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Karleb(m): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Nor be the same God create those people wey dey go these schools??

where my papa dey when their father dey hustle??

grin grin
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by droid007: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Private universities do not benefit from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund. That is why they have to be expensive. Running a university is no small feat and I'm almost sure some of these private schools have not turned a profit.

You should be thanking these private unis for the increased capacity of Nigerian university admission, and not deriding them. If you want these universities to be cheaper, tell your government to give them access to the Tertiary Education Trust Fund.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by gistmelove(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yomieluv: Hope the certificate comes with oil bloc,if not,its overpriced...yet some of the tertiary institution lack basic things. they only shout education is expensive,but their facilities,and maintenance is zero..thank God,I paid #250 till I graduated from Lasu..

greatest lasuites ooooo!!! Na total of 135k me paid truout my 5yrs course.. E.c.e tinzzz...
And makin my cool salary now
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by mcfarlin(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
feran14:
on a serious note, i'm tired of hearing this same line everytime a private university is brought up... Say something else
Like what...that its right to be r'etarded and become a taxpayer(tithepayer) in a church whose main aim is maximizing profit...such blockheadedness is killing nigeria as a whole....these pastors(charlatans)live in opulence with funds sourced from their businesses(churches) begun with free capital(gotten from dumb headed peeps who pay tithe in the 21st century)...the zenith of fuckery if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by gebest: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
D POOR DAT PAID THEIR TITHES AND OFFERINGS HOW CAN THEY BENEFIT FROM THIS SKYROCKET UNIVERSITY.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
mcfarlin:
Like what...that its right to be r'etarded and become a taxpayer(tithepayer) in a church whose main aim is maximizing profit...such blockheadedness is killing nigeria as a whole....these pastors(charlatans)live in opulence with funds sourced from their businesses(churches) begun with free capital(gotten from dumb headed peeps who pay tithe in the 21st century)...the zenith of fuckery if you ask me.
yeah... like that
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by 2chains1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
Of course they have to be expensive. It's private. Government schools are cheaper because they are subsidised by the government through funds they get from taxes and other forms of revenue. It's same abroad. International students pay the full unsubsidised rate while domestic students (children of tax payers) pay half or less than half.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 PROGRAMMES FOR DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION INTO UNAAB/FUNAAB Without Jamb / JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria / Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.