Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

If God Is Truly A Merciful God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Truly A Merciful God (929 Views)

Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed / How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? / Though The Doors Of My Rapture Flight Are Closed, Iam Still A Merciful God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Leetunechi: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2014
Little explanation

if a child wrong his parents..certain punishment may like to follow due to the gravity of wrong the child did/commited.
And also if the child humble himself to ask for the parents forgiveness,the parents on their side may forgive and also drop the punishment which was meant for the child

now God is our heavenly father,he forgives whenever we take time to ask for his forgiveness..and i was made to understand that,despite God can forgive our sins..we must suffer the punishment which he maped out for that particular person.

So here is my question

why shd we still suffer the punishment despite being forgiven in the first place ??

And what is the essence of the forgiveness when we are likely to suffer for the same sin/sins

I need answers please smiley
Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Liveair: 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Leetunechi: Little explanation

if a child wrong his parents..certain punishment may like to follow due to the gravity of wrong the child did/commited.
And also if the child humble himself to ask for the parents forgiveness,the parents on their side may forgive and also drop the punishment which was meant for the child

now God is our heavenly father,he forgives whenever we take time to ask for his forgiveness..and i was made to understand that,despite God can forgive our sins..we must suffer the punishment which he maped out for that particular person.

So here is my question

why shd we still suffer the punishment despite being forgiven in the first place ??

And what is the essence of the forgiveness when we are likely to suffer for the same sin/sins

The bible is full of Contradictions, Errors and Half-truths. An average christian has his/her own understanding and interpretation yet will claim that the Spirit of God has revealed so to him/her.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Jackeeh(m): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Leetunechi: Little explanation

So here is my question

And where is it written that you have been forgiven but must still be punished? I charge you to wipe off such mental image of God from your mind. Don't listen to such lies. Don't accept such lies. Do you even know the reason why Jesus came down to earth? Simple. So that the punishment that was meant for you would be upon him Isaiah 53:1-10. The punishment had already been borne. And carried out in full. So instead of dwelling on the many atrocities you committed as a sinner, choose to concentrate on the love of God for you. It's unconditional.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Jackeeh(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Liveair:
The bible is full of Contradictions, Errors and Half-truths. An average christian has his/her own understanding and interpretation yet will claim that the Spirit of God has revealed so to him/her.

I suppose you're Nigerian? Good. Let's assume I give you a book written in mandarin. Will u understand what u see? You won't even be able to read let alone understand. And you may need help i.e in form of an interpreter. In like manner, I don't expect a natural man to understand the things of the spirit. The next time you want to read the Bible, humbly ask the Holy Spirit to interpret. He will. He does it all the time. Then you will know that the Bible isn't contradictory

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Leetunechi: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Liveair:

hehehe

actualy i dont get your point tho

you mean the bible is not complete as it supposed to be ?
Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Leetunechi: 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Jackeeh:

And where is it written that you have been forgiven but must still be punished? I charge you to wipe off such mental image of God from your mind. Don't listen to such lies. Don't accept such lies. Do you even know the reason why Jesus came down to earth? Simple. So that the punishment that was meant for you would be upon him Isaiah 53:1-10. The punishment had already been borne. And carried out in full. So instead of dwelling on the many atrocities you committed as a sinner, choose to concentrate on the love of God for you. It's unconditional.

ok.thanks

so.if one wrong God now...and later repent from such sin completely. God would punish that person again for the sin he/she commited ?
Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Leetunechi: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Jackeeh:

I suppose you're Nigerian? Good. Let's assume I give you a book written in mandarin. Will u understand what u see? You won't even be able to read let alone understand. And you may need help i.e in form of an interpreter. In like manner, I don't expect a natural man to understand the things of the spirit. The next time you want to read the Bible, humbly ask the Holy Spirit to interpret. He will. He does it all the time. Then you will know that the Bible isn't contradictory

yes.i'm a nigerian.

I'm trying to ask.if one truly repent from his sinful ways..weather God will lift his punishment smiley
Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Jackeeh(m): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Leetunechi:

ok.thanks

so.if one wrong God now...and later repent from such sin completely. God would punish that person again for the sin he/she commited ?

From my earlier post, I tried to show u that every punishment for your past sins were meted out on Jesus on the cross of calvary. So when you truly and sincerely repent, God forgives and embraces you. No punishment or condemnation anymore. All is forgiven. Because of what Jesus did for you and I. So it's up to you and I to receive our forgiveness by faith and also believe. A lot of times, satan hinders many Christians from experiencing God's love by making them dwell on past mistakes and by this , guilt builds up. When u give your life to Jesus yet u keep thinking of past sins and punishment, ure indirectly telling him that you don't accept his sufferings on the cross for u. You unknowingly reject him. And this is exactly what satan wants. So ban all thoughts of punishment from your heart. Believe that you've been forgiven, you're loved and move on with your first love, Jesus. It's that simple

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Liveair: 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Jackeeh:

To start with, do you know how many denominations of christianity there are? All claiming to have divine interpretation of the same bible, yet all different in teaching.
The bible is written in PLAIN ENGLISH, ok.
For starters, you dont need prayers to help you understand some things like the difference between Jesus' geneology as detailed in Matt 1 and that of Lk 3. Is he a decendant of Solomon or Nathan?
By the time you have studied it well please reply? Pls pray very well for revelation.
Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
What exactly does mercy entails? Does it imply an absence of justice? Or does it mean that any Tom, Dikk and Mariah can commit whatever crime and get away with same after saying sorry, even though we may mean it?

Being merciful does not in any way imply that justice should be relegated to the background. One who claims to be contrite and trully repentant should be ready to own up to his past misdeeds and be responsible for them. One cannot be a true penitent without acting responsibly.

Do we incorporate every murderer or offender, who comes back to say sorry for the crime already committed, into society just because the individual is truly repentant? This would be a gross miscariage of justice. Being just is far from being wicked nor does it imply that the individual lacks mercy but on the contrary an offender who expects total pardon is simply being very selfish and irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Leetunechi: 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Jackeeh:

From my earlier post, I tried to show u that every punishment for your past sins were meted out on Jesus on the cross of calvary. So when you truly and sincerely repent, God forgives and embraces you. No punishment or condemnation anymore. All is forgiven. Because of what Jesus did for you and I. So it's up to you and I to receive our forgiveness by faith and also believe. A lot of times, satan hinders many Christians from experiencing God's love by making them dwell on past mistakes and by this , guilt builds up. When u give your life to Jesus yet u keep thinking of past sins and punishment, ure indirectly telling him that you don't accept his sufferings on the cross for u. You unknowingly reject him. And this is exactly what satan wants. So ban all thoughts of punishment from your heart. Believe that you've been forgiven, you're loved and move on with your first love, Jesus. It's that simple

wooow

i'm so happy for this explanation smiley smiley .i was only being scared before..now you have cleared my doubts..thanks bro,and God bless you with more wisdom wink .

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by Leetunechi: 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
striktlymi: What exactly does mercy entails? Does it imply an absence of justice? Or does it mean that any Tom, Dikk and Mariah can commit whatever crime and get away with same after saying sorry, even though we may mean it?

Being merciful does not in any way imply that justice should be relegated to the background. One who claims to be contrite and trully repentant should be ready to own up to his past misdeeds and be responsible for them. One cannot be a true penitent without acting responsibly.

Do we incorporate every murderer or offender, who comes back to say sorry for the crime already committed, into society just because the individual is truly repentant? This would be a gross miscariage of justice. Being just is far from being wicked nor does it imply that the individual lacks mercy but on the contrary an offender who expects total pardon is simply being very selfish and irresponsible.

you are in other words saying such persons must still be punish?.despite total repetance?

You can please break it down to my level of understanding sir

cheesy cheesy
Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by AyodejiCharles(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ask and it shall be given unto you.If he wasnt merciful he wont say you should ask (forgiveness of sins inclusive ) so as to thereafter forgive you.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by emmyskies(m): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hmmm, how ironic. They won't blame the devil for causing mankind so many misreary and misfortune. Rather, they blame their creator, despite His love and mercies and everything. They live to see this day, to them it doesn't matter. Grace and mercy covers them till this day, they don't wanna have a re-think and make a change. Well, this is it: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)
Re: If God Is Truly A Merciful God by oyetgirl: 12:41am On Sep 03, 2014
Leetunechi:

ok.thanks

Nicholas Emmanuel is that you embarassed

(1) (Reply)

MFM Church Accuses Official Of Lying About Eye's Surgery.threatens Sanction / Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? / This Link Will Reveal The Lies About Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.