Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

Modern Nigerian Music Corrupts The Soul. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modern Nigerian Music Corrupts The Soul. (433 Views)

Modern Nigerian Churches Synonymous With Baba-ijebu / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / Modern Nigerian Christians And Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Modern Nigerian Music Corrupts The Soul. by bolaino(m): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Dorubucci, alanta, skelewu, malonogede, kokolets, ginger your swagger, swagger your ginger, rotate, Ginger, parcel, etc are popular titles and phrases you will definitely hear in Nigerian music of these days, if the song is not about wizkid looking for his caro, it would be davido singing skelewu, I have no beef with Nigerian artists, as I respect them as people trying to make a living in a society that has no musical standard, the only genres of music in Nigeria with sanity is high life and Afro juju, at the least when you listen to those genres of music you get uplifted, you reason ways to improve on your self or ways to improve as a Nigerian, people like the late osadebe, fela, Raskimono, majek fashek, oris wiliki, mandatos etc made music back then fun, and then we had beautiful hip hop music from arrested development, queen latifah, tupac, naughty by nature, tlc, etc to spice up the soul, but the musicians we have today in Nigeria are something else, everyday they keep spewing rubbish, and I sometimes wonder where they get the creativity to create this sort of intense rubbish we hear everyday that defiles the soul, I'm tired of hearing about sex on Nigerian Music. Our youths have become so intellectually lazy, dullards they have become and I believe christians and muslisms should pray for the souls of Nigerian youths and adults too, because the modern Nigerian music corrupts the soul. Makes you want to have sex and do yahoo yahoo or any other foolish thing that's "reigning" out there, promoting drug use and all other vices, what is Sk running in my small vein, that's like the lamest line ever in the history of foolish and mediocre lyrics. For pete's sake what's happening in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Abuja & Lagos Bombings In New Video / Are You Being Helped Or Being Stopped? / Sultan Commends Muslim, Catholic Cordial Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.