Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Go To Medical School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Go To Medical School (1280 Views)

Six Types Of Students You Will Meet In Medical School. / Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Things You’ll Learn In Your First Year Of Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Go To Medical School by macsika: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
[s][/s]disclaimer

This is not a thread that determines what to do or not do in school. So many students who goes to the uni wants to be a doctor, some are going there for the title while others see it as a career path that leads you to pot of cash and wealth. Well this might help you to do a little rethink.

Here are a few reasons why you should think long and hard before going to medical school:

1. You like to help people. So did my nursery school teacher who had a rockin’ sweet, life-size, laminated poster of a Blue Whale.

2. You are smart and like science. So are the guys who work for Boeing and my physics undergrad tutor who gets paid to get a PhD and the girl who invented Kevlar. Yeah, a girl invented Kevlar.

3. Your dad was a doctor… whose dad was a doctor…. whose dad was a doctor. This isn’t the 1850′s. And despite the fact that medical school curriculum has remained the same since when those dinosaurs roamed the earth, you needn’t pursue any career for legacy’s sake.

4. Money. You’d make a touch less as an engineer,pharmacist or even a lecturer.

5. You think it will give you flexibility before age 29. Dearest ladies of the world, every woman that works outside the home can’t have it all. Yet every woman can make it work for kids/sigO/friends outside the home. And I’m sure candy carson might lean in on that.

6. You’re a life-long learner. Yay! See #2

7. You like being in charge and running things. I do too. But I wouldn’t trade away countless hours in the library, 2 more years as a hospital peon, and then 3 years of residency if I could dive straight into the rat race of the corporate world.

8. You just thought you might try it. I’d rather listen to Tonto dikeh's music on repeat than be an M1 again.

PS. I created another thread on reasons you should go to medical school, so, don't make up your mind yet.

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Go To Medical School by Kslib(m): 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2014

(1)

Official Guide To The TOEFL Test / Looking For Admission? Do You Have WAEC Then This Scholarship Is For You / Health Information Management Profession: A Job Guaranteed Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.