Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks (32313 Views)

Nine Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 Global Banks List / 11 Nigerian Banks Make Top 50 African Banks! / 9 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 World Banks Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by concacid: 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
luvinhubby:
Sanusi that almost ruined Nigeria banking sector with his rogue sacks, nationalisation and sale of some Nigerian banks, that man is an alien-virus like you. cheesy
@ luvinhubby, e be like u were sacked from the Banking industry and unfortunately, during SLS time. I can feel the hatred. Just calm down.

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by pelvicky(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
alienvirus: I thought you knew little. But you knew nothing.
c ifipa ooo,,jst laffn
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by pelvicky(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

If he did not know in the past (read knew) but knows now (read know), who then is the foooool? You, of course.
shut up,u r d 1 dat get it wrong

2 Likes

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
luvinhubby:
Sanusi that almost ruined Nigeria banking sector with his rogue sacks, nationalisation and sale of some Nigerian banks, that man is an alien-virus like you. cheesy
Not to make mentioned of Islamic Banking system.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nigeria banking sector is very impressive. More needs to be done to further modernize them and help facilitate prompt businesses and other forms of transactions. Kudos to those in the hems of those banks which made the list.

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

See grammar na!! Spoken like a true cattle rearer grin grin grin
dude...your grammar is wrong...Alien virus typed the correct tense. but you displayed ur olodoism

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Coolboi05(m): 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Na 100 I dey c abi 1000...
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lilimax: Better put, umuigbo nwere mmadu. **runs out of this thread** cheesy cheesy

hahahahahahaha
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by OwoLee(m): 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
My people from the east, is like u detest Sanusi's achievement so much that u couldn't even point out the reforms he made to the banking sector...the Past CBN governors have laid the good foundation, and he has taken the banking sector to a new level...this is the height Nigeria banks has never been before...am sure, it was the other way around(bad news), u wouldn't have been giving Soludo the accolades...U will point the finger at SLS...whether we like it or not, Our banks has been more stable, reliable, financially strong under SLS than any other Past CBN Governor... Kudos to Soludo & other past governor also for doing there own bit...

2 Likes

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by IDnoble1: 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
Gtb ni joor! my bank no dey carry last. e be like say i go go comot my #1000 balance from first bank Carry am join my gt money becas Gtb dey gidigba.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by karlnyeno: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
What is union Bank doing there? There is a mistake in that ranking o
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
So is zenith bank the best bank? I want to open an account smiley somebody help please
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by pazienza(m): 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
IDnoble1: Gtb ni joor! my bank no dey carry last. e be like say i go go comot my #1000 balance from first bank Carry am join my gt money becas Gtb dey gidigba.

Haha!
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by HARTSL: 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Gtb is my bank. Any time any day. I dont know d criteria they used but Gtb services is the best.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by fairheven: 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
[quote author=alienvirus]Many thanks to SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI[/quot]
SANUSI? Are u a learner?sanusi that ended up destroying banking system,because he felt Soludo's consolidation did not favour the North,he ended up leaving the banks in worst state than he met them.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by fairheven: 11:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
But wait oo.wt is Union Bank doing there?that bank is just floating,it sure has seen it better days.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by fairheven: 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
OwoLee: My people from the east, is like u detest Sanusi's achievement so much that u couldn't even point out the reforms he made to the banking sector...the Past CBN governors have laid the good foundation, and he has taken the banking sector to a new level...this is the height Nigeria banks has never been before...am sure, it was the other way around(bad news), u wouldn't have been giving Soludo the accolades...U will point the finger at SLS...whether we like it or not, Our banks has been more stable, reliable, financially strong under SLS than any other Past CBN Governor... Kudos to Soludo & other past governor also for doing there own bit...

wt was The conditions of OCEANIC,BANK PHB,SPRING BANK,INTER-Continental,AFRIBANK,FIRST INLAND,before SANUSI came on board,and wt are the conditions of these Banks wen he left office?

3 Likes

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by fairheven: 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
datalossvictim1: So is zenith bank the best bank? I want to open an account smiley somebody help please
Been rank top does not equate been the best
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
fairheven:
Been rank top does not equate been the best

Do you know the best bank in nigeria? The safest one? Thanks smiley
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by eaglechild: 11:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
fairheven:

wt was The conditions of OCEANIC,BANK PHB,SPRING BANK,INTER-Continental,AFRIBANK,FIRST INLAND,before SANUSI came on board,and wt are the conditions of these Banks wen he left office?
Thank you so much.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by eaglechild: 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
These banks would have even ranked higher if not for Sanusi's incompetence.

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 08, 2014
all4naija: Nigeria banking sector is very impressive. More needs to be done to further modernize them and help facilitate prompt businesses and other forms of transactions. Kudos to those in the hems of those banks which made the list.
Yeah. The Banks need to be more involved in providing mortgage facilities, and funding the Nigerian airline industry.

Overall, both Soludo and Sanusi deserve the credit for putting Nigerian banks in such an impressive list.

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 08, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Do you know the best bank in nigeria? The safest one? Thanks smiley
I think it should be Fidelity bank, because the bankers would show some fidelity to your money.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by opylas(m): 12:14am On Jul 08, 2014
Bialegend:
Aboki, google is your friend. Stop being lazy like your mallam friend sanusi.

U fall my hand, bros. C'mon...''Google'' & I was waiting 2 learn frm u, nt knwing all u knw is wat u read on google. &U started out lyk u knew STH. I'm gonna hv 2go wt d oda guy on ds...'I tot u knew sth, u know nothing'

2 Likes

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by mployer(m): 12:29am On Jul 08, 2014
Caracta:

Nah. Far from it. I'm not even a direct customer.
ok.
I was wondering where the love is coming from.
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by igbo2011(m): 2:23am On Jul 08, 2014
Who benefits from this list? Aerag Nigerians or foreign investors?

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by alienvirus: 4:20am On Jul 08, 2014
[quote author=fairheven][/quote]Any evidence?
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by oskaaay(m): 5:03am On Jul 08, 2014
iterator25: www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/9921-13-nigerian-banks-make-top-1-000-world-banks-ranking-zenith-gtbank-first-bank-leads

hmmm. I trust GTB....my bank...kudos to all others as well..... grin shocked grin

Note: If you are reading this and interested in visa / Travel Agent Business (individual or corporate body). Then discover the secret company established in Aviation business for years that will aid you for less than #20,000 get on 0 7 0 6 6 0 5 2 2 2 8
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by alienvirus: 5:18am On Jul 08, 2014
luvinhubby:
Shut it my friend. Digest this and come back to thank me later.
In August 2009, the Sanusi led the Central Bank to "rescue" Afribank, Intercontinental Bank, Union Bank, Oceanic Bank and Finbank by bailing them out with 400 billion naira of public money, and dismissed their chief executives. Some point to other factors including religious, ethnic and existing bank records and plans to say he in fact had a hidden agenda. He said "We had to move in to send a strong signal that such recklessness on the part of bank executives will no longer be tolerated." 16 senior bank officials faced charges that included fraud, lending to fake companies, giving loans to companies they had a personal interest in and conspiring with stockbrokers to boost share prices, and today he has been appointed as the Emir of Kano by Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano following the departure of Alh. Ado Bayero.[11] In September 2009, he said that 15 of the current 24 Nigerian banks might survive reform in the banking sector.[12]

In a wide-ranging interview with the Financial Times in December 2009, Sanusi defended the extensive reforms that he had initiated since taking office, dubbed by some as the "Sanusi tsunami". Some believe that he had a personal vendetta against some of the bank CEOs while others point to proof of mismanagement of funds by some of the CEOs, most notably Cecelia Ibru as justification for the steps he implemented. He noted that there was no choice but to attack the many powerful and interrelated vested interests who were exploiting the financial system, and expressed his appreciation of support from the Presidency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the finance minister and others.[13]

In January 2010, Sanusi said that banks will only want to give credit to Nigeria’s small and medium enterprises (SMEs), if the government gives adequate attention to the provision of infrastructure.[14]

In January 2010, Sanusi admitted that since 2005 the Central Bank had not conducted routine examinations of the 14 banks allocated to it under the sharing arrangement with Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC).[15] Abubakar Nagona, president of Integrated Development and Investment Service (IDIS), a venture capital investment company urged Sanusi to "not be cowed and succumb to undue pressure from operators of the same sector he is striving to bring sanity to."[16] At a February 2010 conference on banking in Nigeria, Sanusi described his blueprint for reforming the Nigerian financial system. He said that it was built around four pillars of enhancing the quality of banks, establishing financial stability, enabling healthy financial sector evolution and ensuring that the financial sector contributes to the real economy.[17] Talking later that month, Sanusi said that the crash in the capital market was due to high level of financial illiteracy on the part of Nigerian investors.[18]

The Banker recognized him as the Central Bank Governor of the Year 2010 citing his radical anti-corruption campaign aimed at saving 24 banks on the brink of collapse and pressing for the managers involved in the most blatant cases of corruption to be charged and, in the case of two senior bankers, imprisoned...Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by alienvirus: 5:28am On Jul 08, 2014
Francis5:

If he did not know in the past (read knew) but knows now (read know), who then is the foooool? You, of course.
I didn't want to expose your bad English but I have decided to take you on English lesson.

1. Alienvirus: I assumed you did your assignment but you didn't.

Francis: I assumed you do your assignment but you don't .

2. Alienvirus: I thought you knew something but you knew nothing (all past tense).

Francis: I thought you know something but you know nothing. Do you even know the role of BUT?

3. Alienvirus: Did you go to school Ade? Yes I did Alien.

Francis: Did you go to school Ade? Yes I do.

You have soiled you hard-earned little image on Nl.

1 Like

Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Akbee(m): 6:30am On Jul 08, 2014
men ur just lucky to mk frontpage before me.i happend to post a similar thread even before u stated copying n pasting..chek out my profile to confirm...
Re: 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks by Onyenna(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2014
ebullientV: Good news..
By the way, how many banks do we have in the world? Kinda skeptical 'bout the presence of Union Bank on dat list.. Who even banks there?
Money Laundering tinz.....ịghọtago....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Win BiG on CARDS/CORNERS / Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine / Police Foil Attack On Dangote Refinery In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.