Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline (2185 Views)

Pregnant Woman Dies Mid-air Aboard Arik Air / My Ordeal With Arik Air / Arik's Horrible Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Please I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I need the assistance of the moderator to take this to front page.

I have been at the airport since 2pm and I am currently at the airport while typing this. I am suppose to travel to Abuja from Lagos. Since afternoon, we have not heard from Arik air. No news, nothing. I have wasted valuable time. My appointments and meetings in Abuja cancelled. We are hearing rumours that they don't have fuel.

I have spent over N10k for lunch and dinner and I don't know if I will be eating breakfast in this lagos airport. I am tired, stressed out and cannot imagine going through Lagos traffic to go back home.

Please note that this is not the first time Arik is delaying flights without even apologizing. Sometimes I even waste some time because I know they delay their flights regularly. However, this is the height of it all. Come and see how we look like refugees at the airport.

I will advise everyone not to fly Arik again oh. I will never try it at all. Now I am even hungry again and I don't know if this airport restaurant will charge me another 6K per plate of rubbish.

Moderator please abeg front page. I am almost losing my mind.

1 Like

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
shocked Still at the airport since 2pm, Mehn_ this guyz are WICKED. Both online and offline, Nigerians are still treated as trash.. SMH..

1 Like

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ceasar1: shocked Still at the airport since 2pm, Mehn_ this guyz are WICKED. Both online and offline, Nigerians are still treated as trash.. SMH..

Since 2pm I have been here oh. They have cancelled 3 flights today (Benin, Calabar and warri) after keeping them waiting for 4 hours. We hear they have no fuel. I wonder if there is fuel scarcity. The bad thing is they are not talking to anybody.

Please, I want the whole world to know. This is nonsense and sickening.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
Moderators, please push this to front page and save lives. I have wasted valuable time that I will never recovered and I don't want anybody to face what we are currently going through right now.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by anago18(m): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
it high time arik get a good competitor, the monopoly of them being the safest is getting into their head. and please when will they stop giving us the nonsense cake and tea or juice on board.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
anago18: it high time arik get a good competitor, the monopoly of them being the safest is getting into their head. and please when will they stop giving us the nonsense cake and tea or juice on board.

I swear if I board this flight and I catch the flight attendant or pilot.. Oh God........
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
They just announced the flight for Uyo. A flight scheduled for morning.

God this is one chance
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by anago18(m): 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Boss13:

I swear if I board this flight and I catch the flight attendant or pilot.. Oh God........

you can get a refund since your purpose of going.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
They just announced the boarding. Combined flight. We are rushing like it is molue even foreigners.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Sunofgod(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
Boss13: Please I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I need the assistance of the moderator to take this to front page.

I have been at the airport since 2pm and I am currently at the airport while typing this. I am suppose to travel to Abuja from Lagos. Since afternoon, we have not heard from Arik air. No news, nothing. I have wasted valuable time. My appointments and meetings in Abuja cancelled. We are hearing rumours that they don't have fuel.

I have spent over N10k for lunch and dinner and I don't know if I will be eating breakfast in this lagos airport. I am tired, stressed out and cannot imagine going through Lagos traffic to go back home.

Please note that this is not the first time Arik is delaying flights without even apologizing. Sometimes I even waste some time because I know they delay their flights regularly. However, this is the height of it all. Come and see how we look like refugees at the airport.

I will advise everyone not to fly Arik again oh. I will never try it at all. Now I am even hungry again and I don't know if this airport restaurant will charge me another 6K per plate of rubbish.

Firstly - have you stormed their office yet?

Secondly, in such circumstances you have to think smart - airport workers don't spend 6k for a plate of food (neither do I when I'm at ANY Nigerian airport including MMIA). What you do is find out where staff eat (staff quarters) where you can't pay more than 1k for fine overflowing plate of food. (ask a taxi man)

Thirdly, Arik has not changed in years; they don't give a damn about their customers once payment has been made and there is little you can do to make them change their ways.

Finally, be grateful they have not made you board the plane at 2pm and then sat on the runway for 12hrs - because that's something I have also witness them do.

3 Likes

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Tyche(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
We don hear say you dey airport
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
anago18:

you can get a refund since your purpose of going.

Arik refund you! You must not be residing in Nigeria.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tyche: We don hear say you dey airport

I think you are part of the problem in Nigeria. I am screaming so that people will avoid this wicked airline and all you are telling me is that I am at the airport.

You are wicked too. I have been here for 12 hours

11 Likes

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Tyche(m): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
Boss13:

I think you are part of the problem in Nigeria. I am screaming so that people will avoid this wicked airline and all you are telling me is that I am at the airport.

You are wicked too. I have been here for 12 hours

Niqqa, you just dey rant like woman. There's no place on earth where they don't delay flights.

There must be a reason they delayed the flight. Would you rather die in a faulty aircraft?

Your type sabi make noise without knowing what's up. Make the other passengers open thread na

mtcheeeeew
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Leboska(m): 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
Well i dnt want to mention names, the experience i once had in one airline i can not forget in a hurry. Were i was paid for business class (mind you some body paid for it. #awof). The said airline ended up comming with one funny plane that was as small as some private jets with seat arrangement like molue, with out a.c. Infact i was even advocating for hand fan cos of the heat. The vibration & the noise of that aircraft can cause a young man stroke. All of us in that airline turned to prayer warriors in that less that one hour flight, though they refound us some money & apologise but i rather treak than to enter that airline again.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Boss13: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tyche:

Niqqa, you just dey rant like woman. There's no place on earth where they don't delay flights.

There must be a reason they delayed the flight. Would you rather die in a faulty aircraft?

Your type sabi make noise without knowing what's up. Make the other passengers open thread na

mtcheeeeew

As for you. I have little to say than pray you experience what I just passed through. That is the only way you will understand how I feel and I pray yours will be worst of.

9 Likes

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Tyche(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Boss13:

As for you. I have little to say than pray you experience what I just passed through. That is the only way you will understand how I feel and I pray yours will be worst of.

Your prayers is already manifesting in your life and the next one will be worse

I fit give you place to sleep Niqqa, if you dey stranded.

Na only you go waka come polloi grin
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by boneruns(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
Delay is a trademark for Arik Air. Last week thursday, we were delayed about 3hours for a flight from Lagos to Benin. No official apology was tendered, except their usual cake and juice served onboard.

Delay is normal for Arik, don't fly with Arik if you have some urgent to do.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by ojimbo(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Boss13:

Since 2pm I have been here oh. They have cancelled 3 flights today (Benin, Calabar and warri) after keeping them waiting for 4 hours. We hear they have no fuel. I wonder if there is fuel scarcity. The bad thing is they are not talking to anybody.

Please, I want the whole world to know. This is nonsense and sickening.
dont be in a haste. Do u want to fly and clash in the air?
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by deor03(m): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
I once left Abuja 2.30am for a 7pm flight to Lagos. I got to Lagos 3.20am, slept at the airport till 5.30am

That was the last time,I went close to anything Arik. I don't go near their stand,nor click on website.

3 Likes

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 08, 2014
You said this isn't the first time you are being put through this? Well you have yourself to blame,did you make oath with Arik? If no,use another airline next time.

3 Likes

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by bumdish: 1:05am On Jul 08, 2014
Boss13: Please I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I need the assistance of the moderator to take this to front page.

Hope you've gotten to your destination. Which other airline is there to fly??
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 08, 2014
I have experienced arik plane leaving the airport 1hr before the due time. Only for you to come for ur boarding pass and be told that u have missed ur flight.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 08, 2014
This alone should have gotten them sanctioned.
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by flejnr(f): 1:15am On Jul 08, 2014
Boss13: They just announced the boarding. Combined flight. We are rushing like it is molue even foreigners.

last 2 tuesdays enugu to lagos I was delayed for like 4hrs in aero contractors and I got frustrated to get an arik ticket and pend my aero ticket to just pay bit fine in ma next trip but am also scared of using it! Bro its not just arik issue its our airspace unless u are a paid blogger, delays and repairs are the normal order of the day! And bro todays weather was somehow sure it might be d cause of ur delay so not their fault but ur safety measures! Arik and their delays as u pegged it and still d most expensive? Watch ur words of criticism, they are not just the best for notting! Omo turn up its regular and how many law suits have u had dat made good litigation against them?.. Passing sha....
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Shaakasi(f): 1:34am On Jul 08, 2014
Why fly arik when derz medview and azman air
team medview and deir caucasian hostesses cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by udysweet(f): 5:43am On Jul 08, 2014
This is so uncalled for,dear. The poor guy is expressing his pain and all you do is tell him he's ranting like a woman? I seriosly doubt you have ever been in such a situation,you'l understand. Please freedom of speech is everyone's fundamental right but som of us take it too far. Please cut the poor guy some slack,no offence intended and you try been in a situation like that and come bak to updat us too,tank u!
Tyche:

Your prayers is already manifesting in your life and the next one will be worse

I fit give you place to sleep Niqqa, if you dey stranded.

Na only you go waka come polloi grin

1 Like

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by dexy007(m): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2014
Bros,if u fink Arik is worse,try AERO,trust me u won't near d Airport 4d rest of ur life. Goshhhh!!!! Plz dnt rmind me. Arrivin lagos 4rm Abj arnd 12midnight wen no b nyt bus I enta since 4pm ooooooo!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by adanduka: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2014
Boss13, tell us you reached your destination safely or is the plane yet to land?
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by rocgirl: 10:04am On Jul 08, 2014
What blatant display of unprofessionalism and incompetence!
In saner climes where civil aviation authorities actually knows their onions,Arik would have long been sanctioned or in extreme cases have it's operational license withdrawn for awhile.
Even with the over hyping,who would have expected anything less coming from an airline that has a long history of unethical employee policies or worst still a customer service,staffed by the most unprofessional and uncourteous bunch?
The problem with Arik like everything else wrong with these country, is the lack of foresightedness by Nigerian businesses in the absence of a stiff competitor.
Seun Osewa's Nairaland 'ventures' easily comes to mind...

5 Likes

Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by Tyche(m): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2014
udysweet:
This is so uncalled for,dear. The poor guy is expressing his pain and all you do is tell him he's ranting like a woman? I seriosly doubt you have ever been in such a situation,you'l understand. Please freedom of speech is everyone's fundamental right but som of us take it too far. Please cut the poor guy some slack,no offence intended and you try been in a situation like that and come bak to updat us too,tank u!

Get a tie and suit yourself
Re: Arik Airline Is A Wicked Airline by udysweet(f): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2014
I have a picture of you in my mind's eye,not a pleasant one. If you can do all of dis without been in a bad situation,wat if u find urself ine one? Enuf said tho,dis is my last comment to you. But before u open ur mouth to cuss me out afta reading dis,picture all d females in ur life
Tyche:

Get a tie and suit yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advantages And Challenges Of Exporting / Thoughts On Paylater? I'm About To Run Cos I'm In Debt / Complete Business Plan For Cooking Gas Refill Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.