Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 (11661 Views)

List Of Tecno Mobile Phones Available In The Market And Their Prices / My Open Letter To Tecno Mobile / How Do I Connect Nokia 5330(dstv Mobile) To Laptop(hp Pavilon) Or Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 8:10am On Jul 08, 2014
Tecno Mobile has just taken another giant and remarkable leap in the world of android battle with its latest octa-core android 4.4.2 KitKat powered mobile phone - Phantom Z. The uniquely designed device features a whooping 5.2-inch, corning gorilla glass protected high definition Amoled display, rendering 16million colours at a resolution of 1920x1080 (kind of display found on high-end Samsung Galaxy phones). Its comes enhanced with Dolby Sound, preloaded gameloft apps, BBM, flash share and others; absolutely a most-have! This actually places the Phantom Z as the latest flagship device by the mobile phone giant - Tecno Mobile. In addition to the impressive display, the device features other mouth-watering specs - 2.0GHz octa-core (8-core) processor (MediaTek), Dual camera with rear 16MP coupled with dual led flash and front-facing 8MP and also with a stunning led flash (yes, a front-facing led flash!) and capable of 1080p video capture. Its offers a 16GB internal storage (expandable to 32GB with microSD card), 2GB Memory and a great battery capacity of 3030mAh and of course, dual SIM support. Expected launch in a couple of days.

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by UrbanMystique: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2014
70thousand for a tecno mediatek phone shocked shocked

jokes of the century grin

8 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2014
UrbanMystique: 70thousand for a tecno mediatek phone shocked shocked

jokes of the century grin
Yes.... but judging from the specs of the phone, don't think it could be less and also compared to its peers. cheesy
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by UrbanMystique: 8:21am On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins: Yes.... but judging from the specs of the phone, don't think it could be less and also compared to its peers. cheesy
mehh... oneplus one is 200times better device and it costs less

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Tallesty1(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2014
UrbanMystique: mehh... oneplus one is 200times better device and it costs less
I swear...... The phone rocks but the memory is not expandable
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 08, 2014
70k for a tecno mtk device? looooooooool! o jst can't!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by jakiedudu(m): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2014
Tecno Mobile on the move. I bet their next phone will definately be a knockout!
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Boomboost(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2014
Y tecno get so many haters.Them de put effort to improve like odas,una sabi discourage o.They've improved their cam quality,ui,build,display n after sales service,they need encouragemnt 2 get better not annoyin criticism 4rm fellows hu neva think of creatin anythin oda dan immoral fantasies n certificates.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by omotayos01(m): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2014
If tecno fan that claim samsung is too expensive for using high end spec for their phone, i wonder what they wil say abt mtk device costing 68k. As they say, tecno produce good phone at cheap price. I wonder whether they wil cal this cheap since tecno has step up using some high end spec on thier phone unlike before which was mediocre.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by parrotibaba(m): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2014
bt finally dis phone will flop in d Nigerian market, why? because de just gave their critics a valid excuse to jump dis phone n since d number of critics r much,it will flop like d a3 did last year,look at both d f5 n h7 dat came out dis year, it sold in numbers because ppl tend to buy cheaper goods nowadays with d vast competition in d industry, ppl(even critics) buy tecno phones because of d low price,what were de thinking when de tagged dis phone @ 68k,? its insane to think dat so many ppl will rush to get dis phone because of its wonderful features, tecno ,nice phone bad price

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by francis247(m): 9:40am On Jul 08, 2014
Almost 70k for a device with mediatek CPU? Tecno na thieves (assuming this info is true). I can get something similar if not better @ half this price on Aliexpress. Btw, why are there conflicting infos about the internal storage memory of this phone? Some like the op above states 16gb with room 4 expansion while others state 32gb with no room 4 expansion. Oh I forgot, It's Tecno.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by UrbanMystique: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
I swear...... The phone rocks but the memory is not expandable
it supports otg for extra power.. so i dont see that as a prob
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Oyetboy(m): 9:56am On Jul 08, 2014
here in naija even an unborn child knows tecno as a chinko brand,,, who is gonna believe you bought chinko at that price? cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2014
I use a mediatek powered phone but I can't in all honesty buy one at 68k+, that is way too high. I was looking to get this phone but with this price I'll pass.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by ibitomisi: 10:03am On Jul 08, 2014
francis247: 70k for a device with mediatek CPU? Tecno na thieves (assuming this info is true). I can get something similar if not better @ half this price on Aliexpress. Btw, why are there conflicting infos about the internal storage memory of this phone? Some like the op above states 16gb with room 4 expansion while others state 32gb with no room 4 expansion. Oh I forgot, It's Tecno.
Buh Ain't they concerned about we-low earners again! Techno!! na wa ooo... so it's just biz strategy hen?
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by ibitomisi: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2014
Oyetboy: here in naija even an unborn infant child knows tecno as a chinko brand,,, who is gonna believe you bought chinko at that price? cheesy cheesy

Yhu got me racking reall hard!!
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by lilmax(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2014
Later one id.iot will come here and say tecno phones are for the masses if i hear,this is just the beginning i pity those who will buy this nonsense for this amount
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
But really, is there anything unusual about the mediatek processor that I have seen a few people complain about in here? The mediatek processor is a high quality brand not just used by tecno but even by other major phone manufacturers - infinix, Jiayu, huawei, gionee etc and they don't necessarily come cheap. Besides, this is an 8-core (octa-core) processor with speed clocked at 2.0GHz, how many high-end phones can even beat this for now? It's display resolution is 1080p & amoled (most phones are of 720p & IPS). With 2GB RAM & 16GB storage, I mean what more can u ask for? These are the same specs in samsung galaxy s4 & 5 sold for over a 100k. Pls, let's be more realistic. In my opinion, it is a great phone! The greatest tecno has made so far & I think it's going to fly and even most of the people on this forum will buy - cos they are the Tecno mobile warriors!! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by francis247(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins: But really, is there anything unusual about the mediatek processor that I have seen a few people complain about in here? The mediatek processor is a high quality brand not just used by tecno but even by other major phone manufacturers - infinix, Jiayu, huawei, gionee etc and they don't necessarily come cheap. Besides, this is an 8-core (octa-core) processor with speed clocked at 2.0GHz, how many high-end phones can even beat this for now? It's display resolution is 1080p & amoled (most phones are of 720p & IPS). With 2GB RAM & 16GB storage, I mean what more can u ask for? These are the same specs in samsung galaxy s4 & 5 sold for over a 100k. Pls, let's be more realistic. In my opinion, it is a great phone! The greatest tecno has made so far & I think it's going to fly and even most of the people on this forum will buy - cos they are the Tecno mobile warriors!! grin grin
And when Samsung release Android P update 4 galaxy S5, you'll still be stuck with Kitkat or sell your phantom Z @ 25k to buy Phantom Z+++...

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by dridowu: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Buying tecno phone is like throwing your money into fire.
#saynototecno
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
francis247: And when Samsung release Android P update 4 galaxy S5, you'll still be stuck with Kitkat or sell your phantom Z @ 25k to buy Phantom Z+++...
And who says it's all galaxy fones that will be getting these updates? Same reason samsung galaxy s3 (& host of others) is not getting kitkat with all its high-end specs & costs.
Who knows... tecno could also come up with OTA updates for its android upgrades soon grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
francis247: And when Samsung release Android P update 4 galaxy S5, you'll still be stuck with Kitkat or sell your phantom Z @ 25k to buy Phantom Z+++...
Yea and I think the latest price of the Samsung Galaxy S4 @ Jumia is around 70k...and we know both phones are miles apart

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by yBNL1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
lol......when I can get a good icore i5 lappy at that price. Nigerian phombies will still waste their money on this shit
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by LordReed(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins: But really, is there anything unusual about the mediatek processor that I have seen a few people complain about in here? The mediatek processor is a high quality brand not just used by tecno but even by other major phone manufacturers - infinix, Jiayu, huawei, gionee etc and they don't necessarily come cheap. Besides, this is an 8-core (octa-core) processor with speed clocked at 2.0GHz, how many high-end phones can even beat this for now? It's display resolution is 1080p & amoled (most phones are of 720p & IPS). With 2GB RAM & 16GB storage, I mean what more can u ask for? These are the same specs in samsung galaxy s4 & 5 sold for over a 100k. Pls, let's be more realistic. In my opinion, it is a great phone! The greatest tecno has made so far & I think it's going to fly and even most of the people on this forum will buy - cos they are the Tecno mobile warriors!! grin grin

I bought the Gionee Elife S5.5 the world's slimmest phone as of now for 42k, Tecno is not giving anything the S5.5 doesn't have so how come the high price? The most expensive Gionee phone does not use a mediatek chip but rather a Snapdragon 800 and it costs about 70k can you compare mediatek and Snapdragon?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by nani667: 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins:
And who says it's all galaxy fones that will be getting these updates? Same reason samsung galaxy s3 (& host of others) is not getting kitkat with all its high-end specs & costs.
Who knows... tecno could also come up with OTA updates for its android upgrades soon grin

That same Samsung Galaxy S3 and a host of low end Samsung phones have already been rocking Kitkat for a long time via Custom ROMS.... Thats the beauty of Samsung... Whether they release updates or not men must still flex updates.... ✔

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
prezelThomas: Yea and I think the latest price of the Samsung Galaxy S4 @ Jumia is around 70k...and we know both phones are miles apart
how many miles apart pls? cheesy And do u still remember how much it cost on its release? I believe we all know.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
nani667:

That same Samsung Galaxy S3 and a host of low end Samsung phones have already been rocking Kitkat for a long time via Custom ROMS.... Thats the beauty of Samsung... Whether they release updates or not men must still flex updates.... ✔
True but not exclusive to samsung alone....
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by LordReed(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins:

It is the international variant of the S3 that is not getting the update the other variants with 2gb ram are getting kitkat.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
LordReed:

I bought the Gionee Elife S5.5 the world's slimmest phone as of now for 42k, Tecno is not giving anything the S5.5 doesn't have so how come the high price? The most expensive Gionee phone does not use a mediatek chip but rather a Snapdragon 800 and it costs about 70k can you compare mediatek and Snapdragon?
nothing special, just branding! Is the snapdragon chipset's speed above that of the PheeZee? And how many core is the snapdragon on the Gionee E7? Its 70k and everybody is coolgrin I think fans complain about tecno's costs because of the love they have for the brand & I don't have a problem with that. Its good for all of us grin

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by LordReed(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins: nothing special, just branding! Is the snapdragon chipset's speed above that of the PheeZee? And how many core is the snapdragon on the Gionee E7? Its 70k and everybody is coolgrin I think fans complain about tecno's costs because of the love they have for the brand & I don't have a problem with that. Its good for all of us grin

The Snapdragon 800 is quad core and smacks the octacore mediatek from here to Jupiter so don't even go there. The Elife S5.5 uses the octacore MTK and it is still cheaper than the tecno r7 so why shouldn't tecno fans complain?

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
yBNL1: lol......when I can get a good icore i5 lappy at that price. Nigerian phombies will still waste their money on this shit
And bro... you no go put ur SIM for that Core i5 o and u wont do whatsapping & Bbming on it. So what do u say of iPhones that cost a ton?
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
LordReed:

The Snapdragon 800 is quad core and smacks the octacore mediatek from here to Jupiter so don't even go there. The Elife S5.5 uses the octacore MTK and it is still cheaper than the tecno r7 so why shouldn't tecno fans complain?
I think we need to go for Antutu rating to contest that "jupiter smacking"grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pure Xperia ROM 4.4.2 For Gionee G2 / Diary Of A Samsung Note II User / How to unlock MTN Mifi mf927u FREE (updated!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.