Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion (1232 Views)

2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion / 2013 Cowbell Mathematics Competition (download Past Questions, Entry Form Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
A pupil of Ota Total Academy, Ogun State,
Akintokun Adegboyega, again wins academic
glory in a Mathematics competition, ETIM
EKPIMAH reports
Thirteen-year-old Akintokun Adegboyega’s
appearance does not convey anything special
about him. He looks ordinary like many other
pupils in his age bracket– harmless and
innocent.
But beneath this innocence lies a head full of
figures. Little wonder, he has again emerged the
2014 Cowbell National Secondary Schools
Mathematics Competition champion.
The young lad earlier in 2012 had emerged
NASSMAC champion in the junior category.
In this latest feat, Adegboyega alongside another
13-year-old Deborah Adesina emerged the
overall best Mathematics pupils at the grand
finale held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital, last
Thursday.
Adegboyega, a pupil of Ota Total Academy, Ogun
State, emerged tops in the senior category, while
Adesina, a pupil of Graceland International
School, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, came first in
the junior category.
For their outstanding performance, the duo
received monetary and sundry gifts from the
organisers of the competition, Promasidor
Nigeria Limited. The duo and their teachers will
also enjoy an all-expense-paid holiday trip to
Ghana, courtesy of PNL.
For coming first, Adegboyega’s earned N300, 000,
just as his school received five desktop
computers and printers. He scored 87 per cent
out of 100, (41 in objective and 46 in theory
questions) in the second stage of the
competition.
Adesina, who scored 81 per cent out of 100 (35
in objective and 46 in theory) , also received
N250, 000 for her industry. Her effort similarly
made her school to receive five desktop
computers and printers from the organisers.
Adegboyega, Adesina and 18 other pupils from
across the country were among those honoured
at the prize-giving ceremony in Akwa Ibom
State. They were among the 29, 000 pupils who
sat for the first and the second stages of the
NASSMAC competitive examinations this year.
The other high flyers in the senior category are
15-year-old Fiyinfoluwa Abioye, a pupil of
Nigerian Turkish International College, Wuse,
Abuja, who came second with 85 per cent; and
David Oluwasayo of Oritameta Baptist Model
School, Ibadan, Oyo State, who emerged third,
scoring 83 per cent.
They received N250, 000 and N200, 000
respectively in addition to other special gifts,
including laptops and plaques. Their schools
also received desktop computers and printers.
Two others -13-year-old Atolagbe Olayinka of the
Turkish International College, Isheri, Ogun
State;, and Stella Johnson of the Reality High
School, Ilesha, Osun State, came second and
third respectively in the junior category. While
Olayinka took home N200, 000, Johnson got
N150, 000.
Like other institutions that produced national
winners, their schools got desktop computers
and printers.
The Supervising Minister of Education, Chief
Nyesom Wike, in an address on the occasion,
described Mathematics as the “foundation of all
sciences and everything in life.
According to him, Nigeria’s realisation of its
dream of being a technological giant depends on
the emphasis it lays in Mathematics.
The minister, who spoke through the Director,
Federal Inspectorate Service, Federal Ministry of
Education, Mrs. Chioma Philips, also urged
stakeholders in education to help in checking
the phobia pupils have in the subject.
He said, “It is a known fact that Mathematics is
today seen as a nightmare by our students. This
phobia reflects in the poor performance of
students in internal and external examinations.
To stem this trend, the Federal Government has
directed the Federal Ministry of Education and
called on other stakeholders, including the
Promasidor Nigeria Limited, to leave no stone
unturned in a bid to reverse the negative
trend.”
Hailing PNL for its efforts in developing the
country’s education, Wike noted that NASSMAC
particularly had reawakened pupils’ interest in
Mathematics.
The PNL Managing Director, Mr. Olivier Thiry, in
his remarks, noted that there was the need to
prepare Nigerian youths for the challenges of
the 21st century, especially with the increasing
globalisation and digital revolution.
According to him, for the country to remain
relevant in the comity of nations, it needs to
develop and nurture a human capital base to
meet its numerous challenges.
He said, “Transformational development will
come from the quality of human capital Nigeria
has and this can only be developed through
education, especially the learning of
Mathematics and science.”
Thiry also promised that the company would
continue to sustain the initiative in order to
produce better Nigerians.
He added, “We have demonstrated this faith in
the Nigerian society by investing millions of
naira in the conduct of the NASSMAC
competition and we promise to sustain our
support for Mathematics as best as we can.”
The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill
Akpabio, who urged other firms to emulate PNL
example, noted that education held the key to
the future of the country.
Akpabio, represented by the state Commissioner
for Education, Prof. Atim Antai, said, “We owe
our children the responsibility of equipping
them with the right skills, knowledge and
preparing them to be useful members of the
society. It is only on such basis that we would
be sure that they will maintain the pace of our
development and that our efforts today would
not be in vain.”
The NASSMAC, targeted at improving
performance in Mathematics, is open to pupils
aged between 10 and 18 years in Junior
Secondary School and Senior Secondary School 2
in the country.

www.punchng.com/education/again-13-
year-old-adegboyega-emerges-cowbell-maths-
champion
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
EVERGREEN123, CHINO, PEPPYLUV, ARZYGREAT, CUSTOMIZED7

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
No biggie! Its an every year competition and people from my state have won it a lot.
My younger brother won that of ptdf in 2005. In Dennis Memorial Grammar School onitsha.
He was also among the group that was sent to south Africa.
Its a big deal to you because you come from a generation of illiterates cheesy
Besides,kudos to the child and I hope you stop being a sycophant but try to train your kids to be like this than dissecting their face with mark of the beast cheesy

Jobless old man. Oti mkpu cheesy

GPA5: EVERGREEN123, CHINO, PEPPYLUV, ARZYGREAT, CUSTOMIZED7

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Peppyluv: No biggie! Its an every year competition and people from my state have won it a lot.
My younger brother won that of peak in 2005. In Dennis Memorial Grammar School onitsha.
Besides,kudos to the child and I hope you stop being a sycophant but try to train your kids to be like this than dissecting their face with mark of the beast cheesy

CAN YOU SEE THAT HE WON IT TWICE? THIS IS NOT ABOUT UNITY SCHOOL CUT OFF MARK OR WAEC (MIRACLE CENTRES )

WILL YOU TELL ME THAT THERE'S NO IBO INDIGENE IN THE COMPETITION?

# B....I.....T....C...H. FOBO RANA OMO

2 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by lakpalakpa: 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dividend of Awolowo's free education. All the winners are people whose fathers and mothers benefitted from Awo's free education...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by lakpalakpa: 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
Adegboyega, a pupil of Ota Total Academy, Ogun State, emerged tops in the senior category, while Adesina, a pupil of Graceland International School, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The other high flyers in the senior category are 15-year-old Fiyinfoluwa Abioye, a pupil of Nigerian Turkish International College, Wuse, Abuja, who came second with 85 per cent; and David Oluwasayo of Oritameta Baptist Model School, Ibadan, Oyo State, who emerged third, scoring 83 per cent. They received N250, 000 and N200, 000 respectively in addition to other special gifts, including laptops and plaques. Their schools also received desktop computers and printers.

Two others -13-year-old Atolagbe Olayinka of the Turkish International College, Isheri, Ogun State;, and Stella Johnson of the Reality High School, Ilesha, Osun State

Where are the Ngozis and Chukwudis??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by anago18(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Peppyluv: No biggie! Its an every year competition and people from my state have won it a lot.
My younger brother won that of peak in 2005. In Dennis Memorial Grammar School onitsha.

amadioha strike you die liar, peak milk don't organize mathematics competition. tell your lies to the dog shofodanu.

2 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
cheesy cheesy Oga seun someone will die on nairaland o!

Oga illiterate,its no biggie to me thou I clap for the child but I have mathematics gurus around me. My younger brother won it and also in other science subjects. A girl in my school back then in fggc osha won it four times!! Her name is onyinye.

You come from a generation of illiterates so it sounds like heaven to you.

Shameless old illiterate who said "what's" is the same as "what has"! Olodo cheesy

Besides I didn't see you on the thread where your brothers who are apc leaders were caught in robbery. Ndi oshi!!

GPA5:

CAN YOU SEE THAT HE WON IT TWICE? THIS IS NOT ABOUT UNITY SCHOOL CUT OFF MARK OR WAEC (MIRACLE CENTRES )

WILL YOU TELL ME THAT THERE'S NO IBO INDIGENE IN THE COMPETITION?

# B....I.....T....C...H. FOBO RANA OMO

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
Peppyluv: cheesy cheesy Oga seun someone will die on nairaland o!

Oga illiterate,its no biggie to me thou I clap for the child but I have mathematics gurus around me. My younger brother won it and also in other science subjects. A girl in my school back then in fggc osha won it four times!! Her name is onyinye.

Shameless old illiterate who said "what's" is the same as "what has"! Olodo cheesy

Besides I didn't see you on the thread where your brothers who are apc leaders were caught in robbery. Ndi oshi!!

HAHAHAHA,, 4 TIMES!!! KEEP APPEASING YOURSELF WITH YOUR ASSERTION

WHAT AM PINPOINTING IS THAT, WAS THERE NO IBO INDIGENE IN THE COMPETITION? ABSOLUTELY YES, THERE'S. WHY CAN'T THEY TOP?

YORUBA LEADS IN THE COMPETITION.
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
Peppyluv: cheesy cheesy Oga seun someone will die on nairaland o!

GO AND READ MORE ABOUT APOSTROPHE (')

WHAT'S - WHAT IS

WHAT'S - WHAT HAS
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sorry he won that of ptdf under nmc not peak you can goggle atleast i mentioned his school so its your generation amadioha will punish.

anago18:

amadioha strike you die liar, peak milk don't organize mathematics competition. tell your lies to the dog shofodanu.

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by anago18(m): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Peppyluv: Sorry he won that of ptdf under nmc not peak you can goggle atleast i mentioned his school so its your generation amadioha will punish.

animal stop twisting shyte here, you have been bursted go and die.
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Onyinye agbasimalo,ezinne anyanwu,oluchi ohaeri and co were all winners of the competition back thren in Fggc Osha. onyinye was and still a guru. Had straight As in waec and neco. Her brother nnamdi was another guru in DMGS. The family is gifted

GPA5:

HAHAHAHA,, 4 TIMES!!! KEEP APPEASING YOURSELF WITH YOUR ASSERTION

WHAT AM PINPOINTING IS THAT, WAS THERE NO IBO INDIGENE IN THE COMPETITION? ABSOLUTELY YES, THERE'S. WHY CAN'T THEY TOP?

YORUBA LEADS IN THE COMPETITION.

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
I know your mum is dead.you are next embarassed

grin

anago18:

animal stop twisting shyte here, you have been bursted go and die.

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by anago18(m): 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
Peppyluv: I know your mum is dead.you are next embarassed

grin

Ebola virus will wipe out your miserable household. onye nzuzu.
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Peppyluv: Onyinye agbasimalo,ezinne anyanwu,oluchi ohaeri and co were all winners of the competition back thren in Fggc Osha. onyinye was and still a guru. Had straight As in waec and neco. Her brother nnamdi was another guru in DMGS. The family is gifted

WHAT'S THE ESSENCE OF NAMES YOU MENTIONED?

ARE THERE NO IBO IN THE COMPETITION ?
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
Seen

anago18:

Ebola virus will wipe out my miserable household. Abum onye nzuzu.

2 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
Frustrated jobless old man! You will soon die so have fun while you are still alive in a miserable state tonguecheesy

GPA5:

WHAT'S THE ESSENCE OF NAMES YOU MENTIONED?

ARE THERE NO IBO IN THE COMPETITION ?

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
Peppyluv: Frustrated jobless old man! You will soon die so have fun while you are still alive in a miserable state tonguecheesy

AM NOT JOBLESS LIKE YOUR FATHER. KEEP MOURNING
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
Seen
GPA5:

AM NOT JOBLESS LIKE MY FATHER. I AM A SYCOPHANT WHO KEEPS MOURNING
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by GPA5: 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Peppyluv: Seen

THANKS FOR CONFIRMING THAT YOUR FATHER IS JOBLESS. GO BACK AND THE MESSAGE

Peppyluv(f ): 12:27pm:
AM NOT JOBLESS LIKE MY FATHER. I AM A
SYCOPHANT WHO KEEPS MOURNING
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by anago18(m): 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
Peppyluv: Seen

illiterate liar, no be only peak milk competition na jago milk competition.
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
You will die tongue jealous goat. No be your younger brother hack una papa to death! Murderer.
Tunde salami!! cheesy what of your anasegode moniker? Shameless frustrated goat!

anago18:

I am an illiterate frustrated liar, no be only peak milk competition na jago milk competition.

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by anago18(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Peppyluv: You will die tongue jealous goat. No be your younger brother hack una papa to death! Murderer.
Tunde salami!! cheesy what of your anasegode moniker? Shameless frustrated goat!

amadioha eat your brain, ara ra po gi there coming from a Clifford orji sisthren that is priceless. excess cholesterol don block your already damage brain.
Re: 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Seen
anago18:

amadioha eat my brain, ara ra po mu there coming from me,the son soka forest babalawo that is priceless. excess cholesterol don block my already damage brain.

(1) (Reply)

Top 50 Best Universities In Nigeria In 2014 / A Comrade Is Gone.. Poly Ibadan S. U. G Welfare Officer Is Dead / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 Post Utme/direct Entry Form Is Out Call_08147065694

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.