Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

What Is The Best Alternative To Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Best Alternative To Stew (16685 Views)

Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
hello guys.
most times I have rice at home like 2days ago, I had boiled rice but no stew and no soup. but I had cash. so what can I quickly make to eat the rice?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Taiwo20(m): 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Veg oil and grounded pepper like the hausas do or u pour some milk on it and drink,just like u taking oats

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Taiwo20(m): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
Veg oil and grounded pepper like the hausas do or u pour some milk on it and drink,just like u taking oatsVeg oil and grounded pepper like the hausas do or u pour some milk on it and drink,just like u taking oatsVeg oil and grounded pepper like the hausas do or u pour some milk on it and drink,just like u taking oats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by ibizgirl(f): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
You can quickly make gravy if you have access to vegetables ( carrot, green peas etc) or make corned beef sauce

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
ibizgirl: You can quickly make gravy if you have access to vegetables ( carrot, green peas etc) or make corned beef sauce
explain in details please

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by ibizgirl(f): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
To make quick corned beef sauce
Place a sauce pan on the cooker, add some vegetable oil. Chop you onions, when the oil heats up add the onions, tomato puree.
If you have fresh tomotoes, wash and cut up and add to the onions and tomato puree, if you don't have skip this and add grinded pepper, salt, seasoning cube, curry and thyme and a bit of water allow to simmer for a while and added your corned beef. Allow to simmer for 3-5 mins and serve with a steaming plate of rice. Enjoy your meal

24 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
ibizgirl: To make quick corned beef sauce
Place a sauce pan on the cooker, add some vegetable oil. Chop you onions, when the oil heats up add the onions, tomato puree.
If you have fresh tomotoes, wash and cut up and add the the onions and tomato puree, if you don't have skip this and add grinded pepper, salt, seasoning cube, curry and thyme and a bit of water allow to simmer for a while and added your corned beef. Allow to simmer for 3-5 mins and serve with a steaming plate of rice. Enjoy your meal

nice ill try this

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by ibizgirl(f): 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
When you do, let's know how it went.

runzlord:
nice ill try this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 09, 2014
Egusi my dear

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 09, 2014
Or eforiro wink

with eba

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 09, 2014
kulyie: Egusi my dear
I dont have soup. and soups re not fast and easy to make

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by expert101(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
[size=18pt]Green vegetable- You can use it for anything and doctors and dieticians recommend it. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
You could try veg sauce or egg sauce or corned beef sauce. They are fast and easy to prepare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
expert101: [size=18pt]Green vegetable- You can use it for anything and doctors and dieticians recommend it. [/size]
yeah i love ma greens, and i love it even more with rice.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
IfyAngela: You could try veg sauce or egg sauce or corned beef sauce. They are fast and easy to prepare.
egg sauce?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
runzlord:
egg sauce?
yup egg sauce, you can eat it with rice or spagetti its delicious.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
IfyAngela:
how do u make it?
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Tallesty1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
IfyAngela:
Afo nri
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tallesty1: Afo nri
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
runzlord:
how do u make it?
slice your onions, tomatoes and a lil pepper then you heat your oil and throw in the onions, tomatoes, pepper to fry add salt. In a bowl break as many eggs as you desire and whisk, pour the whisked eggs in your tomatoe sauce stir well to give it that scrambled look then let it fry a little, bring it down and voila your egg sauce is ready. Most people eat this with yam buh its also delish with rice and spag. Enjoy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by EfemenaXY: 1:18am On Jul 11, 2014
runzlord: hello guys.
most times I have rice at home like 2days ago, I had boiled rice but no stew and no soup. but I had cash. so what can I quickly make to eat the rice?

Nothing comes close to stew, let alone beat it IMHO. But you can try converting your boiled rice to fried rice.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by oskaaay(m): 6:16am On Jul 11, 2014
Taiwo20: Veg oil and grounded pepper like the hausas do or u pour some milk on it and drink,just like u taking oats

Chai...what are we to name this oooooo? grin shocked grin shocked grin

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.revlisimo.org/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by tonyx4x44(m): 6:18am On Jul 11, 2014
milk and sugar things!
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:18am On Jul 11, 2014
Just pour palm oil while it's still hot.
No time to check time o grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by DocAdray(f): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2014
Soup
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Talkcentral: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2014
Alright
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2014
U Don Try Akamu?
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Blackchampion(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Fried/cukd Vegetable leaf (well garnished)
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Smartsyn(m): 6:23am On Jul 11, 2014
sauce
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by James27: 6:28am On Jul 11, 2014
Op egusi.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by aieromon(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Egg sauce.

Fry the eggs in oil along with sliced onions,pepper and tomatoes. Add sardine if your money reach.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by ERCROSS(m): 6:41am On Jul 11, 2014
sauce will b a good substitute for stew ..
but ha dunno how to prepare it cha ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways Nigerians Eat Rice / How Much Is A Bottle Of Andre Wine? / NAFDAC Intercepts 21 Containers Of Spoilt Frozen Fish In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.