Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger (3766 Views)

Bonanza!!! 2.4kva Inverter Plus 2 Units (FN) Of 200ah Batteries@ 99,900k Only / Solar battery;100ah Deep Cycle Battery for sale. / Best Inverter (deep Cycle) Battery Brand In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
I have four (4) 170ah 12V batteries that I'm using with a 1.5KVA 24V Liminous Inverter.
I acquired and started using them by December 2013, but 2 months ago the charging began to be inconsistent and soon stopped completely.
They were checked today and 1 of the 4 batteries is bad and another battery is week. And the two have been taken for charging (maybe boosting) with a better charging device.

Two things have been mentioned as the possible cause of the battery failures.
1. The batteries were on bare cement floor (They have now been lifted).
2. The 1.5KVA battery can't charge all 4 batteries efficiently. The advice is to get a specialized charger for charging purpose.

I have lost confidence on the suppliers. It took more than three months to deliver the initial system, and when there was this problem, it took over two months to get support from them.

I'll like to make my findings and source for the charger else where if that is actually what would solve my problem.

So I'll like to know the following;
1. If getting a dedicated charger would be a solution to this problem.
2. What brand, capacity of charger would be suitable
3. If the charger can be powered by a 2.8KVA petrol generator which also has a chest deep freezer to support among other things.
4. What is the cost of the charger and possibly where it can be sourced.
5. Any other useful advice for me to maintain and enjoy the inverter system.

Thanks
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 11:08am On Jul 09, 2014
No experts in the forum?
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by davechika(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
uken73,
yeah,i use external charger with three battery banks of 24volts on my numeric 2kva inverter,you can get an external 20amps to 30amps 24volts battery charger to support d inverter charger but best results is wen used with phcn or ur generator should be at least 5kva.
normal battery chargers used by technicians to charge car batteries with 24volts support is wat i have been using for months now.
i also wired a electronic timer to d charger since its a manual start,this cuts off d charger after a pre defined time to avoid over charging d batteries.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
davechika: uken73,
yeah,i use external charger with three battery banks of 24volts on my numeric 2kva inverter,you can get an external 20amps to 30amps 24volts battery charger to support d inverter charger but best results is wen used with phcn or ur generator should be at least 5kva.
normal battery chargers used by technicians to charge car batteries with 24volts support is wat i have been using for months now.
i also wired a electronic timer to d charger since its a manual start,this cuts off d charger after a pre defined time to avoid over charging d batteries.
Thanks for the response. But I have a few questions.
1. As you operate with a timer, does it mean you have to wait for the batteries to be fully discharged before charging it, so as to conform to your timer's timing?
2. And when you are charging with this external charger, is the inverter also running (like charging some of the the 3 batteries)?
3. Do you know if there is a 1.5KVA option? Though 7.5KVA & 12KVA diesel generators are available, they are alternately used sparingly to power bigger equipment, the Gen that would mostly be used is a 2.8/3KVA petrol gen which would not power a 2KVA Inverter along with other loads conveniently.
4. What is the cost of the external charger?

Thanks.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 23, 2014
You can get a 24V 30A 4-stage intelligent battery charger. May cost you about 90K. It is intelligent, senses and displays the charging current and voltage. When the battery bank is fully charged, it goes to float and you can switch off.
It is also low power consuming, consuming less than 1 KW. I installed the 24V, 20A version about 6 months ago and it works perfectly. It charges over a wide range of voltage 90-240V.

In the picture posted below, the charging voltage is 27.6V while the charging current is 0.4A. If you need one, send me a message.

Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 1:58am On Jul 23, 2014
dsunmade: You can get a 24V 30A 4-stage intelligent battery charger. May cost you even more about 70-80k. It is intelligent, senses and displays the charging current and voltage. When the battery bank is fully charged, it goes to float and you can switch off.
It is also low power consuming, consuming less than 1 KW. I use the 24V, 20A version with my setup and it works perfectly.
Thank you very much for this. Please would this specification do for 4 170ah 12V batteries? How much is the 20A version you are using and what is the name of the product so that I can research and read more about it? Thank you.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 23, 2014
For the 4 170ah batteries, you are probably running them in 2 parallel strings of 24v, 340Ah. For good charging results, you need a charger close to 10% of your bank's Ah which comes out as 34A. The name of the charger is Sterling pro charge ultra. The Sterling pro charge 24V 20A version is about 60k. I use the 24V, 20A charger for 2 200Ah batteries. For the 4 batteries, the 24V, 30A version is better.

1 Like

Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ok. Thank you dsunmade.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by davechika(m): 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
dsunmade: For the 4 170ah batteries, you are probably running them in 2 parallel strings of 24v, 340Ah. For good charging results, you need a charger close to 10% of your bank's Ah which comes out as 34A. The name of the charger is Sterling pro charge ultra. The Sterling pro charge 24V 20A version is about 60k. I use the 24V, 20A charger for 2 200Ah batteries. For the 4 batteries, the 24V, 30A version is better.

uken73.
sorry for replying late,with dsunmade auto stater u probably dnt need an external timer cos dis does all that automatically,yes d inverter runs while d battery charger is connected nd running....if u wanna u a generator,use not below 5kva to safeguard to batts lifetime cos d freq stability of d big gens are within plus minus 5%.
in my area i hav phcn at least 6hrs a day which is quite reasonable to get my batts nearky to 100% charged.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
Thank you davechika. With the information provided by both of you, I think I've got most of the information I need. I'm think I would have to suspend the idea for now. Power though greatly improved around my area, we often have some extended periods without power. I'm not ready to be running those heavy duty generators just for charging the batteries. Besides cost, they are very noisy. I appreciate the information provided.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 24, 2014
uken73: Thank you davechika. With the information provided by both of you, I think I've got most of the information I need. I'm think I would have to suspend the idea for now. Power though greatly improved around my area, we often have some extended periods without power. I'm not ready to be running those heavy duty generators just for charging the batteries. Besides cost, they are very noisy. I appreciate the information provided.
You don't need such a big gen to run the charger. With my 2.5Kva Sumec generator, I run my inverter, my battery charger, chest freezer, refrigerator, TV, all house lights and occasionally, washing machine at the same time without the generator groaning. The charger is very energy efficient, with the 24V 20A consuming about 700W at full steam.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by hancock(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
dsunmade: You don't need such a big gen to run the charger. With my 2.5Kva Sumec generator, I run my inverter, my battery charger, chest freezer, refrigerator, TV, all house lights and occasionally, washing machine at the same time without the generator groaning. The charger is very energy efficient, with the 24V 20A consuming about 700W at full steam.
hi dsunmade
can you send me an email to nonye4real@gmail.com? please
i'm interested in the sterling pro charger with some other questions i would like to ask you

Thanks
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
dsunmade: You don't need such a big gen to run the charger. With my 2.5Kva Sumec generator, I run my inverter, my battery charger, chest freezer, refrigerator, TV, all house lights and occasionally, washing machine at the same time without the generator groaning. The charger is very energy efficient, with the 24V 20A consuming about 700W at full steam.
That was based on davechika's advice to use at least a 5KVA Gen. I also have a 2.8/3KVA Gen which I use most of the times. It powers my chest freezer, 1.5KVA Inverter, laptop & lighting (hardly have time to watch TV, it's almost always off), but the gen groans when the Inverter is on.

Since, you say the power is below 1000W, then I should plan for it, though I'm confused on what the connection will look like. Would the Inverter need to be on too while the external charger is charging the batteries? If I have to run both the external charge & the Inverter at the same time, that would be too much for the 2.8/3KVA Gen. Can you talk about this?

1 Like

Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
It depends on the way your inverter is connected. The way I wired my house, all the non-heavy load in my house is wired through the inverter such that I don't notice when there is power outage. So, my inverter is always on.

If your inverter is wired like mine, then you have to run the charger and inverter at the same time. If you wired it such that you can switch between public supply/generator and inverter, you can disconnect the inverter while charging using the intelligent charger. However, if you use both the inverter and charger at the same time, the batteries will charge faster.

You can also reduce the load on the generator by making use of energy saving bulbs and switching off appliances that you are not using.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by davechika(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2014

dsunmade
ur trying to tell me dat u load 700watts + plus etc (ur talking about close to 1000watts of load)nd ur generator doesnt labour,its either u cnt differenciate a genset on labour or load from a normal running gen with less load.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by shevy45(m): 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Don't DIsturb Yourself Micro-Speed Technology Is The Solution Contact Us Today & See Wonders.

MICRO-SPEEDS TECHNOLOGY & POWER SOLUTION

We sell, Repair, Maintain, Upgrade & Install Inverters, Solar Panel, Car Tracker Device, CCTV Camera, Laptops, Projector's Desktop, Telecommunication Mask, Alarm Security System Such As Smoke & movement Detector, Access Control, Fire Water Hydrant, Tank mate Control For Fuel & Diesel, & Industrial Generator. 
Other Services Are As Follows: Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Conduit & Surface Wiring), Fabrication Metal Work, Software & Hardware Engineering, PABS Installation [Data/Voice Connectivity], GSM Shelter Fabrication & Installation, Vsat Installation Engineering [Wired & Wireless Network Solution], Internet Marketing, Mobile Networking [Bulk SMS Services] & Website Designing/Hosting.

Enjoy uninterrupted power supply without a
Generator
No Noise, No Pollution,, No Generator...Think only on Inverter, Powered by innovation.Trouble free and user friendly -The world loved it!
.Inverter are technically much more advanced as compared to generators which are noisy, polluting and need starting that usually requires pulling chords a feat not suited to ladies and children. Besides, they are often dangerous to our health and can lead to fire and accidents. Storage of fuel too is a major fire hazard. Inverter automatically takes over in case of power failure and switches off when power supply is restored; one does not even realize that there is a power failure.
It is for these very reasons that Inverters are preferred over Generators throughout the world.. All you have to do is fix and forget, the inverter does the rest.

ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
• Eco friendly since no noise pollution and no air pollution• Lesser cost of ownership and also economical to run• User friendly, automatically changes over from mains to inverter on power failure & vice-versa when power gets restored.• Low maintenance effort/cost.• Very safe and clean as no fuel handling/storage required.• Ease installation, can be installed in smaller space and as per convenience.• Good power quality and hence it is very safe for sophisticated household appliances.• Better technical support
• Best warranty cover• 24/7 after sales services• Best service centre
ENSURES
• Full safety of highly sophisticated equipment• 100% pure, reliable and regulated power• Low running cost• Extended power back up time• Easy maintenance• No humming noise from any load.• Great power saving
APPLICATIONS
• Electrical Backup system• Data/Call centers• Telecommunication• POS systems/air-conditioners• Critical Work Stations• Security systems/air-conditioner• Medical/Laboratory Equipments• Office/Home Applications• Solar powered street/security Light

Description and Company Instruction and Services

Micro-speed Technology & Power Solution (MTPS) has been engage in supply and installation of telecommunication for radio, broadcasting and the television industries.The wealth of experience acquired in these field of installation engineering, enable the (MTPS) to venture into installation of telecommunication infrastructure for Global System of Mobile communication (GSM) operators….
(MTPS) has constructed so many radio sites and inverter installation to internationally accepted quality standard. Micro-speed technology &power solution engineer are trained by ABB power line limited, and the Swedish telecommunication giant, ERICSON.
We are also trained technicians for cooperate organization and individual who requires the following services:

* BTS/RBS Installation and Integration
* Climbing and Rope Access
* Electrical Generator Installation/Commissioning
* Inverter Installation/Repairs
* GSM Shelter Fabrication and Installation
* Integration of Alarm  Security System, Such As [CCTV, Smoke, Movement, and Sensor Detector]
* Computer Hardware &Software Engineering.
*PABS Installation (Data /Voice Connectivity)
* Network Infrastructure Solution
* VSAT Installation Engineering [Wired & Wireless Solution]
* Sales of Heavy Duty Batteries, Lead Acid Type 120AH, 150AH, 200AH, 12Volt.
Our experience has thought us the importance of establishing a practical functional quality system, which cover all stages from tendering through actual Execution of Contract to final Delivery Commissioning
MTPS has its registration office at No 51/52  Ijaiye Road, Ogba, Lagos.[Nosah Hall the Plaza Beside UBA Bank]
Contact Details: 08104036736.
Email:
emurode2005@gmail.com

Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
davechika:

dsunmade
ur trying to tell me dat u load 700watts + plus etc (ur talking about close to 1000watts of load)nd ur generator doesnt labour,its either u cnt differenciate a genset on labour or load from a normal running gen with less load.
The gen is built to carry loads. As long as the load is not excessive, it should not groan. However, the generator is only a few months old.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by uken73(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
Sorry guys, nairaland spambot had banned me on this thread for a few days for no reason and also hid my response. Ban was lifted yesterday. Thanks for all the information provided. I don't know what triggers it, so I would avoid asking re-posting what I had posted or adding further questions. Thanks guys.
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by olak3: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
I have 2kw /24v Modified Sine Wave
Power Inverter For SALE
The brand name "Demuda"
Technical Details
Model No. DMD-2000W/24V/F/A
Size 275 x 165 x 125mm
Weight 4.5Kg
Certificate CE and ROHS
DC Input
section
DC Input Voltage 24V
DC Operating Voltage 21-29V
DC Low-voltage Protection 18.5-20.5V
DC Low-voltage Alarm 19.5-21V
DC Over-voltage Protection ≥29V
Fuse 35A*3
Quiescent Current ≤1.6A
AC input
Section
AC input voltage 220v
AC inout frequency 50Hz
AC operating voltage 170-250v
AC Low-voltage Protection ≤150v
AC over-voltage Protection ≥250v
Ac input Frequency 50Hz
Working and Protection
Transfer Efficiency ≥90%
Overload Protection 2000W--2400W
Short-circuit Protection Yes
Start soft-start function
Operating Temperature -10°C--+50°C
Temperature Protection +60°C--+70°C
Green LED Indicator Green Light
(Working),Flash(Overload Protection)
Red LED Indicator Red Light(Error Protection)
Other Warranty 2 years
Packing Color box packing or skin packing
BRAND. NEW
If interested call 08153802255 or
wattsap
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by saint2ace(m): 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
dsunmade:
You can get a 24V 30A 4-stage intelligent battery charger. May cost you about 90K. It is intelligent, senses and displays the charging current and voltage. When the battery bank is fully charged, it goes to float and you can switch off.
It is also low power consuming, consuming less than 1 KW. I installed the 24V, 20A version about 6 months ago and it works perfectly. It charges over a wide range of voltage 90-240V.

In the picture posted below, the charging voltage is 27.6V while the charging current is 0.4A. If you need one, send me a message.

Hello Dsunmade, how're u doing? I just stumbled on ur post and am quite interested in the charge; can I source it locally or do I have to order from you?

Hoping to hear from you soon, regards
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Info Needed On 170ah/200ah Deep Cycle Battery Dedicated Charger by saint2ace(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Online Buying And Selling / Buy Or Sell Your New Or Used Devices Or Tech Accessories / Us Used Factory Unlocked Iphone 5 For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.