Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels (1389883 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2016

FOUND FAITHFUL

"Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him" (Daniel 6:4)

In this real life story, Brother John, a devout born-again Christian, was an Office Assistant in a multinational manufacturing conglomerate, working under Mr. Tom, the Area Manager. For no justifiable reason, Mr. Tom, a flagrantly immoral person, relentlessly persecuted John, seeking to coerce him into a compromise of his faith. But John remained steadfast in his convictions, refusing to serve alcoholic beverages to his boss's numerous girlfriends that visited the office. Frequent threats of dismissal from his boss failed to intimidate John. Eventually, John was found faithful by the organization, got promoted to the post of a Supervisor and transferred to a different department. Mr. Tom was later ingloriously dismissed on account of embezzlement of company funds!

As a Christian, if you study God's Word, hide it in your heart and practice it. The Lord will defend and take you to the top as He did for Daniel and Joseph.

Challenge: "Faithfulness will earn you divine favour"

Prayer: "O Lord, grant me the grace to faithfully serve you till the end!"

Quote: "The Lord will defend and take you to the top"

Further Reading: Matthew 25:14-23

See more at:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26am On Oct 05, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2016

HURTFUL HAPPENINGS

"For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also" (Philippians 2:27)

Smith Wigglesworth, born in 1859 to a very poor British family, eventually attained global fame as one of the most effective revivalists and ministers of the gospel of all ages. Reportedly, Evangelist Wigglesworth was mightily used of God to perform spectacular miracles of healing, sparking a great revival in Britain and beyond. But Evangelist Wigglesworth took ill at some point, diagnosed with bladder stones, urinating frank blood. Yet, he continued to serve God fervently, ministering divine healing to others and insisting that God must heal him at His own appointed time and God did!

This is a great lesson for all Christians! Unpleasant experiences of life must not be allowed to hinder us from fulfilling our ministries. Apostle Paul had a challenge which he referred to as a thorn in his flesh but it did not stop him from doing exploits for God. Our God will give you victory over your problems in the name of Jesus.

Challenge: "Father, help me to ignore challenges and serve you to the end"

Prayer: "O Lord, grant me the grace to faithfully serve you till the end!"

Quote: "God will give you victory over your problems"

Further Reading: Philippians 2:19-30; Judges 8:1-4

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2016

LIFTING THE LIMITS

"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove: and nothing shall be impossible unto youâ" (Matthew 17:20)

The walls of Jericho, while they stood, typified a barrier, a limit that hindered the Israelites from possessing their inheritance as promised by God. When they believed God and marched round the walls, as commanded by God, the seemingly impregnable walls went tumbling down. And Israel quickly claimed their inheritance (Joshua 6:20) Every hurdle that hinders the realization of our full potentials in life is only a temporary limit that may have been imposed by Satan, sin or even our own imagination! If we would rise to the challenge, trusting in the never-failing promises of God, we will successfully scale through all seeming limitations. Surrender to Christ and with Him move up higher.

Challenge: "Your success is in your command of faith"

Prayer: "O LORD, grant me wisdom to scale every huddle!"

Quote: "Surrender to Christ and with Him move up higher"

Further Reading: Joshua 6:1-20

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2016

MARK THE PERFECT MAN

"Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace" (Psalms 37:37)

I would rather aim at perfection and fall short of it than aim at imperfection and fully attain it,' declared A. J. Gordon. Is there really any such thing as A Perfect Man? The first answer is a categorical No! There could be no perfect man because "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). But the other answer is YES, a man can be perfect for "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God" (Genesis 6:9). So, we may only become perfect if, like Noah, we also walk (relate intimately) with God! We should realise that perfection is only possible by God's grace if we would yield to a Heavenly Father's appeal, "My son, give me thine heart" (Proverbs 23:26). If we repent of our sins and request Jesus to come into our hearts, He will come and make us perfect. And then, we would be continually preserved and certain of a peaceful end in eternity! Obey the call and be committed to perfection.

Challenge: "Link up with Jesus and achieve the humanly impossible!"

Prayer: "O Lord, please take my heart and perfect it!"

Quote: "Perfection is only possible by God's grace"

Further Reading: Romans 10:8-13

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2016

PLAN FOR PRAYER

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed" (Mark 1:35)

"The reason why many fail in battle is because they wait until the hour of battle. The reason why others succeed is because they have gained their victory on their knees long before the battle came," wrote R. A. Torrey.

Prayer is the most spiritual exercise in this life! It is the means by which a person may ascend into the supernatural realm, tap into the Almighty power - God by faith and achieve humanly impossible feats. Numerous testimonies in Bible attest to this fact (James 5:17-18; I Chronicles 4:10; II Samuel 15:31; Luke 18:1-5).

The preeminence of prayer requires that it be accorded top priority in the life of every wise person. Care should therefore be taken to plan for prayer as the most important activity of our everyday life. Like Jesus Christ, we must plan to avoid distractions (physical, or mental) during prayer.

Identifying the most serene environment, mapping out the scripture to study and determination to keep focused despite all odds, are some of the components of an effective prayer plan.

Challenge: "Failing to plan is planning to fail"

Prayer: "O Lord, help me to plan well for prayer"

Quote: "Like Jesus Christ, we must plan to avoid distractions"

Further Reading: Luke 14:28-32

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2016

READ, READ, READ!

"So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading" (Nehemiah 8:8 )

William Lyon Philips said, "I divide readers into two classes: those who read to remember and those who read to forget." Reading is defined as a "process involving word recognition, comprehension, fluency, and motivation-making meaning from print" (www.readingrockets.org).

Looking into a book, a literate person would normally identify the words, construct an understanding of their meanings and coordinate the identified words in such a manner that meaning is made of the material. In our text of today, we see that at Ezra's time, the law of God was read distinctly and the people were made to understand it. Reading and hearing are some of the key means of acquisition of knowledge. Faith in God and His promises, "cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). Persistence in the study of the Bible, as well as, regular listening to good preaching, are two inseparable ways of commencing and continuing in divine fellowship with God.

Challenge: "Knowledge is power; reading is the gate into it"

Prayer: "Help me o Lord, to understand your Word"

Quote: "Read to remember"

Further Reading: Joshua 1:1-9

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2016

TRIUMPHING IN TOUGH TIMES

"Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Sidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee" (1 Kings 17:9)

In his book, Gifted Hands, Dr. Ben Carson said, "Successful people don't have fewer problems. They have determined that nothing will stop them from going forward."

Camels are specially endowed by God to cope with extreme weather conditions, surviving temperatures between -29oC in the winter to 49oC in summer! The hump on its back is actually a reservoir of fat, which is convertible into water; the kidneys and intestines double as water storage systems. These and other special features enable the Camel survive both cold environments and the hot dry desert climate over long periods.

Like the Camel, God has made adequate provision to enable His people to survive all manners of living conditions, survive temptations and triumph over trials, as well as, tough times in life ministry. Prophet Elijah in our text above had a challenge: his haven of refreshing, Brook Cherith, dried up but God provided him a better alternative. Beloved, with God you will triumph over tough times.

Challenge: "Gold is tried by fire, brave men by affliction"

Prayer: "Father help me to rise above my storms"

Quote: "With God, you will triumph in tough times"

Further Reading: Romans 5:1-14

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26am On Oct 12, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2016

THE WOMAN'S SEED WOUNDED

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5).

Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known by his pen name, Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist to whom was credited the quote, "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." Indeed, the fragrance of every flower is never fully released except when crushed. Metaphorically, the crushing of a flower is akin to the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus, and the shedding of its fragrance comparable to the eternal life which is accruable to anyone who would "be willing and obedient" (Isaiah 1:18-20).

The eternal damnation awaiting every unrepentant sinner (Ezekiel 18:4, 20; Romans 5:14) may be easily exchanged for eternal bliss in Heaven, simply through repentance and belief of the Gospel. Would you not surrender your life to Him who died to save you from sin and reconcile you to God? If you are saved, then help to point out Jesus to the lost. Everybody needs Jesus.

Challenge: "You can have life through Christ's sacrificial death"

Prayer: "Father, let me gain from the pain of my Master, Jesus Christ"

Quote: "Point out Jesus to the lost"

Further Reading: Romans 5:1-14

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2016

HOLY GHOST BAPTISM

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Act 2.4).

Some years ago, a community wanted to open up their village which is two kilometres from the major road. They brought their diggers, hoes and shovels and worked for months, but no tangible achievement was made. After some years, the local government remembered the village and sent a bulldozer and grader to open up the road. Within a week, the work was perfectly done! What a difference!

The disciples of the Lord Jesus were commanded to preach the gospel to the entire world. However, knowing the enormity of the task, He ordered them to tarry at Jerusalem for the power to do the work. The disciples obeyed and the power came mightily upon them. As they were empowered, the gospel spread like a wild fire.

Are you born again and sanctified? You have the call of God upon your life. You need the power of the Holy Ghost. The promise is yours today as it was for the disciples of old. Today is your Pentecost if only you can desire and pray for it.

Challenge: "Tarry and receive the promised power"

Prayer: "Lord, fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit"

Quote: "You need the power of the Holy Ghost"

Further Reading: Acts 1.4-8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Oct 14, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2016

HUMAN DEPRAVITY

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" (Psalm 51:5).

Mr Jones, a pious and devoted Christian, once came back from work in an unexpected hour one day only to find his three-year old twins committing unprintable sin. Terrified at the scene, "Who taught you this?" were the only audible words he could mutter. They did not need a teacher. A preacher succinctly explained it thus: "Through voluntary disobedience and transgression, man fell into the depths of sin. As a consequence, everyone born through our first parents (Adam and Eve) became sinners."

Every man became totally inclined to evil. Man became a sinner through inheritance. The wages of sin is death and eternal separation from God. Is man then doomed for life? No! God has made a provision. How? The vicarious death of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary has atoned for the sins of all sinners. The power of sin over a natural man can only be broken by the Lord Jesus Christ. To avail yourself of the provision of redemption, God demands repentance of you. Repent genuinely today and receive pardon.

Challenge: "True repentance brings an end to sin's slavery"

Prayer: "Lord, deliver me from the slavery of sin"

Quote: "Repent genuinely today and receive pardon"

Further Reading: Romans 7. 15-25

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2016

PAIN BEFORE PLEASURE

"A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow.., but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish for joy" (John 16.21).

Two young boys once met an old cocoa farmer to show them the way forward. The man took them to a virgin land. They worked from dawn to dusk, daily. After the first week, one of them could no more endure the hardship. He went back to game hunting. The other endured, cleared the virgin land, planted cocoa seeds and nurtured them. Soon, the seedlings started yielding fruit. The man sat back and enjoyed the fruits several years after. Even the grand children did. His old friend, however, died a miserable pauper. Youthful life is a time to toil. However, some youths turn it to a time of frivolity. They forget that there are some risks they can easily take in the strength of their youths that they will never be able to take in middle age or old age. You must work while it is day. As a Christian, you may be going through some challenges because of your faith in Christ. Do not give up .God will surely bless and preserve you and in the end reap the fruit of eternal life.

Challenge: "The night cometh when no man can work"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to invest and not waste my youthful life"

Quote: "Do not give up"

Further Reading: I King 11.28

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2016

PEER PRESSURE

"My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother" (Proverb 1.8.).

Four primary school pupils were once sent by their teacher to a village. As they were going, they found a packet of cigarette on the road and picked it. What is to be done with it? One of them suggested selling it and sharing the money. However, two of them lit a stick of cigarette each and started smoking and puffing the fume with flawless dexterity. They turned to the rest and started making mockery of them for not sharing in the new found fun. Before long, the third boy joined and the three turned to jeer at 'the odd boy.' At the end, all of them became smokers before they went back to school.

That is the inherent power of peer pressure over a youth who cannot stand like Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. The downfall of Reuben started from his inability to confront his siblings with the truth he knew about the sale of Joseph into slavery. Beware of peer pressure. Dare to be a Daniel.

Challenge: "Dare to be a Daniel"

Prayer: "Lord, give me the grace to stand alone for you"

Quote: "Beware of peer pressure"

Further Reading: Proverb 1.8-15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2016

PERSONAL EVANGELISM

"And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest"? (Acts 8.30).

A nurse on duty was once ordered to monitor the life support given to a dying patient by a consultant. An old college friend who was looking for employment strolled in to the ward. As they were discussing, the nurse was touched by her friend's story and left the ward to help her friend speak to the personnel manager. She came back to find the consultant staring helplessly at the corpse of the patient. Could she plead not guilty before any court?

Believers are watchmen over dying souls. Personal evangelism, every believer's ministry, is the easiest and most effective way of saving the lost world. A man of God once observed, "The world is not going to be brought to Christ wholesale, but one by one. Men are not born collectively, they do not die collectively, and they do not accept or reject Christ collectively."

Therefore, if you desire to obey the heavenly vision, join the chariot next to you and preach to someone today.

Challenge: "Join this chariot"

Prayer: "Lord, give me a soul today"

Quote: "Believers are watchmen over dying souls"

Further Reading: Acts 8.4-8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2016

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men" (Acts 24.16).

A young vibrant evangelist once led a team for an outreach in a remote village. He first led the team to the Chief's palace to pay homage. As he was speaking, the king kept his eyes glued to him. After his address, the chief ordered his guards to get the evangelist arrested. What happened? The Chief remembered that the evangelist had once led a team of boys to steal his golden wristwatch when he (the Chief) was working in the city. "But God has pardoned him and he is now saved," someone might say. Truly, God forgives our sins when we repent but demands restitution.

Restitution is making things right with people we have injured or wronged. It involves paying back debts, restoring stolen articles, uncovering past crimes and confessing lies. When rightly done, the peace of God floods the heart, there is confidence toward God in prayer, guilt is removed, sinners are converted and spiritual progress is made.

Challenge: "When will you make your restitution?"

Prayer: "Lord, I need a conscience void of offence"

Quote: "Restitution is making things right with people"

Further Reading: Judges 17:2

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men" (Acts 24.16).

A young vibrant evangelist once led a team for an outreach in a remote village. He first led the team to the Chief's palace to pay homage. As he was speaking, the king kept his eyes glued to him. After his address, the chief ordered his guards to get the evangelist arrested. What happened? The Chief remembered that the evangelist had once led a team of boys to steal his golden wristwatch when he (the Chief) was working in the city. "But God has pardoned him and he is now saved," someone might say. Truly, God forgives our sins when we repent but demands restitution.

Restitution is making things right with people we have injured or wronged. It involves paying back debts, restoring stolen articles, uncovering past crimes and confessing lies. When rightly done, the peace of God floods the heart, there is confidence toward God in prayer, guilt is removed, sinners are converted and spiritual progress is made.

See more at:

This is true, I have made various confessions, restored stolen money, and admitted my faults, and I have experienced peace of mind and faster answers to prayers. Restitution works.
Please keep up the good work. Olaadegbu

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by kemifunke: 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2016

RUTH'S VIRTUES RECALLED

"And he said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my daughter: for thou hast shewed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning..." (Ruth 3.10).

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "The only reward of virtue is virtue." Some people only pursue virtue for its earthly benefit but not Ruth.

As Boaz observed, Ruth would neither seek profit nor neglect justice and virtue under the influence of money, power or favour. She would rather make a show 100 people need to see than a show that 1000 people want to see. Her's is a combination of wisdom in knowing what to do next, skill in knowing how best to do it, and virtue in the process of doing it. It is not surprising that her virtue was not only recalled but eternally acknowledged as pattern of faith and godliness for all pilgrims on the way to heaven.

How virtuous are you? You should be virtuous like Ruth that people may observe your fear of God , commitment to God's will, honesty, purity and patience in suffering.

My Children, hear this from the hymn writer, "While passing through this world of sin, and others your life shall view, be clean and pure without, within, Let others see JESUS in you."

Challenge: "How virtuous are you?"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to live a virtuous life"

Quote: "You should be virtuous like Ruth"

Further Reading: Ruth 2:8-12

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2016

BEAUTIFUL SOUL AND BODY

"The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold" (Psalm 45.13).

"Let there be nothing within thee that is not very beautiful and very gentle, and there will be nothing without thee that is not beautiful and softened by the spell of thy presence." said James Allien. The beauty that addresses itself to the eyes is only the spell of the moment; the eye of the body is not always that of the soul.

Our text reflects the perfect picture of true beauty of God's children. God's interest is first and foremost in the inner beauty. Though God will not tolerate untidiness (as is often said that cleanliness is the next to godliness) yet He prefers the beauty of the soul to the outward beauty.
Somebody aptly observed that where beauty is worshipped for beauty's sake as a goddess, independent of and superior to morality (godliness) and philosophy, the most horrible putrefaction is apt to set in.

True beauty radiates in the environment of humility, virtue, lowliness, temperance, patience, godliness, kindness and charity. How beautiful are you? Let Jesus beautify you with salvation now!

Challenge: "What is God assessment of your beauty?"

Prayer: "Lord, make me beautiful without and within"

Quote: "Let Jesus beautify you with salvation now"

Further Reading: Psalm 139.14-16

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2016

CHRIST'S VIRGIN BIRTH

"Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?" (Luke 1.34).

How shall this be? A Great question from a finite mind to an incomprehensible God! How shall this be? A question that never crossed the mind of fallen Eve when heaven declared, "I will put an enmity" between thy seed and her seed (singular); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel". How shall this be? "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son" How shall this be? "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

This is a Divine formula to solve fallen man's problem. Can a nursery school pupil understand Pythagoras theorem? "God shall provide himself a lamb" And now, "Behold the lamb of God" My friend, this is heaven's formula for sinful man. Believe and accept it for your good and you shall be saved.

Challenge: "The virgin birth is heaven's formula for man's redemption?"

Prayer: "Lord, I accept your provision for my redemption"

Quote: "Behold the lamb of God"

Further Reading: Isaiah 9.7,8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41am On Oct 22, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016

ENTIRE SANCTIFICATION

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless" (1 Thessalonians 5.23).

According to William Ames, "Sanctification is the real change in man from the sordidness of sin to the purity of God's image." Some years ago, a young girl was selected to present a bouquet of flower to a prominent visiting queen. She was expected to dress in an immaculate white gown. Where she sat waiting for the arrival of the queen, she saw another girl playing with a toy. Being a lover of toys, she cunningly left her seat to share with her new found friend. In the process, her gown was stained and she was disqualified.

Every sincere believer is waiting for the coming of the KING of kings. "And every man that has this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." Do you have an earnest desire to be with Him in heaven? If yes, let such desire drive you on your knees; consecrate your life and pray with such faith that cannot be denied for a pure heart. Remember, "faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it."

Challenge: "Sanctification is not optional for heaven bound believers"

Prayer: "Lord, purify my heart today"

Quote: "Sanctification is the real change in man"

Further Reading: 1 John 3.1-3

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Repentance and restitution go hand-in-hand
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Repentance is incomplete without restitution
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:47pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution requires you to confess your past sins to others
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution brings peace of mind
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution brings full salvation
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution attracts the attention of Jesus
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:50pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution requires you to return what you have stolen
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution requires you to return what you have stolen or extorted from others with interest
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution is not a popular doctrine in the church today. Some even say it is not necessary.
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution may be towards God or man.
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:53pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Lack of restitution can keep a person in bondage
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by ookay(m): 11:54pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Lack of restitution strengths the grip of satan on his victims

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.