Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Higher Everyday — Look And Live - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Look And Live (1385264 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2018
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY JANUARY 21, 2018

ADVICE IS ADVISABLE
TEXT: PROVERBS 20:18

"Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war" (Proverbs 20:18).

Thomas Kempis said, "who is a wise man as to have perfect knowledge of all things? Therefore, trust not too much to your opinion, but be ready also to hear the opinion of others. Though your opinion be good, yet if for the love of God you forego it and follow that of another, you shall the more profit thereby." Youthful age is a period of exploration, great ideas and rash decision making, but Thomas warns against trusting your opinion too much. You need advice from others.

Our text asserts that every purpose is established by counsel. As a Christian, you need good advice to succeed. Seek advice from your parents, teachers and other significant people in your academic pursuit, career choice and other important matters. God wants you to succeed in life, and spend eternity with Him in heaven. Jesus is your greatest Counselor. Surrender your life to Him. Live by His Word and prayer and He will guide you into all His will for your life.

Challenge: "Be wise and seek good advice from others."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to humble myself and seek advice from others."

Quote: "You need good advice to succeed."

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 15:22

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Higher Everyday
MONDAY JANUARY 22, 2018

A LIFT BEFORE LEAPS
TEXT: ACTS 3:7, 8

"And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood........walking and leaping and praising God" (Acts 3:7,8 ).

A lift before leaps can be explained as help before successes. A Christian youth invited a drug addict to a city wide crusade. The preacher preached on "Christ's power to deliver from sin and Satan" At the altar call, encouraging participants to surrender their lives to Christ and believe in God's power to heal. The addict surrendered his life to Christ. As the preacher prayed, he was miraculously delivered from his addiction with all the withdrawal symptoms gone. With excitement, he later ran to the altar and gave a challenging testimony. Hallelujah!

The world acclaimed authorities were helped before their successes came. Alfred Nobel, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, and of recent, Mark Zuckerberg of the Facebook fame, were all helped to learn at the elementary school level before becoming experts, achieving successes by leaps and bounds. God also expects us to lift up the downcast to leap for joy. Like Peter and John, God has given believers power to preach, heal the sick and deliver the oppressed. Christ expects us to do greater works than He did (John 14:12).

Challenge: "Do not limit the power of God in you."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to lift up someone in need today."

Quote: "Lift up the downcast to leap for joy."

Bible Reading in one Year: John 14:12; Acts 10:38

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY JANUARY 23, 2018

NEVER PROCRASTINATE
TEXT: JOHN 9:4

"I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work" (John 9:4).

When a procrastinator has finally made up his mind the opportunity has always passed by," said John L. Mason. A story was told of a young man, who lived a reckless life, addicted to alcohol and hard drugs. He frequently had serious health problems requiring emergency intervention. His only sister, who was a Christian, always came to his rescue. She cared for him and passionately preached the gospel to him, persuading him to surrender his life to Christ who only could deliver him from his predicament. He promised to accept Christ but never did until he suddenly died. What a warning to unbelievers who put off salvation and Christians who procrastinate preaching!

Beloved, resolve never to procrastinate in your studies, domestic chores or job. Moreover, preach the gospel without procrastinating at school and anywhere there is an opportunity. "I must work," declared Jesus. Many youths are dying without Christ. Remember, God will require their blood at your hand (Ezekiel 3:18). Divine rewards await soul winners. If you have not surrendered to Christ, do so now and escape hell.

Challenge: "Preach the gospel to someone today."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to be faithful in preaching the gospel."

Quote: "Resolve never to procrastinate."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Timothy 4:2-4; Ezekiel 3:17-21

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24, 2018

YOU CAN DO IT
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

If you ever think that nothing is impossible, think of Phillipe Croiizon. Phillipe was born in 1968. As a youth, he lost his arms and legs through electrocution. In August 2012, Phillipe accomplished the impossible as he became the first physically challenged without limbs to swim across the English Channel and the Bering Strait, the waterways connecting five continents: Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa and America. What a challenge to youths of this
generation!

My friend, our text says that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. What an assurance! You may presently be experiencing seemingly impossible challenges in your life, with no hope of solution in view. Refuse what your sight and other senses minister to you and firmly hold onto the promises of God. Like Phillipe, you will weather your storms victoriously if you persevere. You can gain that difficult college admission, excel in those difficult courses and overcome any sinful habit. God will grant you an all-round victory if you consecrate your life to Him.

Challenge: "Believe you can do all things through Christ in you."

Prayer: "Dear Lord give me faith to attempt the impossible."

Quote: "You can do all things."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Samuel 17: 32-51; Mark 9: 23

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19am On Jan 25, 2018
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY JANUARY 25, 2018

CREATE WEALTH WITH CAPITAL
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"But he that had received one went and digged in the earth and hid his lord's money" (Matthew 25:18).

Whatever can be used to create economic wealth is Capital. It can be money, men or material. Nations invest in their people by education and training or retraining to make them able to produce excellent goods and services. A former president of the United States of America, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, once said, "our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education." The developed countries are the ones that invest most in the education of their children and skilled manpower training. This is why your parents also sacrifice to put you in school. They see you as the future leaders, investors and producers. You must not waste but account for the resources invested in you.

Moreover, God has given you talents which you must invest wisely. Today's text reveals the poor attitude of a servant who refused to invest the money he was given. Other servants did and made profits. The gospel is the Capital or money that Christ has given to Christians to invest in the lives of men. Are you winning souls with it?

Challenge: "Make maximum use of the Capital invested in you."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to wisely use my talents in Jesus' name."

Quote: "The gospel is your Capital......to invest."

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 22:29; 23:19-21

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2018
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY JANUARY 26, 2018

WELCOME FOR THE WORTHY
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:34

"Then shall the king say unto them on his right hand, come you blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matthew 25:34).

To be worthy is to have qualities that deserve something. A little girl who was too playful during the academic session, watched with sadness as her classmates were called out over the microphone to receive gifts and handshakes at the annual speech and prize giving day ceremonies for excellent performance. These pupils put in a little extra effort to get to the top and be worthy to be recognized. In the same vein, to qualify for the king's Welcome, you must be found worthy. Heaven is for only those who live Holy lives. All sinners will be excluded from heaven. This horrifying scenario should drive youths to sacrifice anything to be worthy of the king's Welcome. Are you worthy?

Now is the time to identify with Christ if you desire to spend eternity with Him. Are you a sheep or a goat? Your lifestyle will determine where you belong. Repent of your sins and surrender your life to Christ now if you have not done so. Then, you will be worthy for the king's Welcome.

Challenge: "To be worthy for the king's Welcome, live for Christ."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to live a consistent Christ like life."

Quote: "Identify with Christ now."

Bible Reading in one Year: Isaiah 35:8-10; Matthew 25:31-46

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Jan 27, 2018
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY JANUARY 27, 2018

UNENDING LOVE
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 18:33

"And the King was much moved, and went up to the Chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! Would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!" (2 Samuel 18:33).

It is a surprising thing that King David was able to mourn and lament the death of his son, Absalom, who dethrone him and died trying to kill him. His fatherly love toward him was deep; without selfishness. This was why Endsor wisely stated, "love is the purification of the heart from self. It strengthens and ennobles the character, gives a higher motive and worthier aim to every action of life....... The power to love truly and devotedly is the highest gift with which a human being can be endowed." King David, in our text, demonstrated a father's unending love: the king's subjects expected him to rejoice over Absalom's death but his fatherly love could not be repressed. Children need to reciprocate such parental love.

Beloved, God's love for us is also unending. After man's fall in the Garden of Eden, in His steadfast love, He has made various provisions for man's restoration. Allowing Jesus to die for the redemption of mankind was the height of God's love for sinful humanity. You can enjoy His unending love if you surrender your life to Christ.

Challenge: "To enjoy God's unending love, consecrate your life to Him."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to surrender and consecrate my life to you."

Quote: "God's love for us is unending."

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 103:1-13; Jeremiah 31:3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JANUARY 28, 2018

RESTORED
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 18:33

"For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry" (Luke 15:24).

Commenting on the prodigal son, Matthew Henry's commentary says, "The prodigal son in the far country was dead to his father and his family, cut off from them, as a member from the body or a branch from the tree and therefore dead and it is his own doing". Like the prodigal son, most people today, including youths, are cut off from God through Sin. They need repentance for restoration.

The prodigal son in our text realized his sinful state, repented, came back to his father and was restored to his family. Our Father in heaven is willing to restore a backslider reading this message today. Beloved, are you far away from God, living in sin and cut off from God’s family? God is willing to welcome you back to Himself. No sin is too great for Him to forgive. Jesus died for the sin of all mankind. Like the prodigal son, come back to God by confessing your sins and accepting Christ as your Lord and Saviour. He will receive and restore you to Himself.

Challenge: "To be restored, you must surrender your life to God."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to turn away from all my sins today."

Quote: "God is waiting to Welcome you back."

Bible Reading in one Year: Luke 15:11-24

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
Higher Everyday
MONDAY JANUARY 29, 2018

DO NOT LINGER
TEXT: GENESIS 19:16

"And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand and upon the hand of his wife and upon the hands of his two daughters.....and they brought him forth, and set him before the city" (Genesis 19:16).

To linger means to stay in a place longer than necessary because of reluctance to leave. Today's text reveals the nonchalance of Lot and his family in the face of impending danger on the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Danger was looming, yet they lingered. Angels came to rescue them yet they lingered. It took extra effort to pull them away from the calamity that would have befallen them.

Friends, are you lingering in sin and disobedience in spite of God's persistent warnings that you repent? Backsliders, do you take God's grace for granted and linger still in sin? Why linger in the company of bad friends and associations when you know that evil communication corrupts good manners? Delay is dangerous. The wife of Lot still perished because her heart remained in Sodom even after her miraculous physical deliverance by angels of God. Do not look back at the things you left behind. The world, with its glory, will pass away, but those who do God's will shall abide forever.

Challenge: "Be focused! Be prompt! Follow divine guidance."

Prayer: "Lord, deliver me from a lingering spirit."

Quote: "Delay is dangerous."

Bible Reading in one Year: Genesis 19:15-17, 23-26

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Jan 30, 2018
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY JANUARY 30, 2018

RESPECT FOR AUTHORITIES
TEXT: ROMANS 13:1

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God" (Romans 13:1).

Man, by nature, is prone to misconduct and disregard for others. People in authority and power are appointed by God to ensure order, peace and security of lives and property in human society. Where there are no rulers, and no laws there is bound to be anarchy. Rulers are 'ministers of God' empowered to rule in justice for the good of all. We must obey them or be punished. However, when they command us to do what is against God's word, we should humbly reject it. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refused to worship King Nebuchadnezzar's golden image (Daniel 3:8-26), and Apostles said, "we ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29b).

A mark of true conversion is respect for authorities. Jesus buttressed this need when he said; give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God (Matthew 22:21). We must all respect constituted authorities at home, in the office, on the road, at school, and everywhere, in the Lord. Beloved, surrender to Jesus and you will have sufficient grace to respect authorities.

Challenge: "Respect at home will produce respect in the larger society."

Prayer: "Lord, help me to respect authorities everywhere today."

Quote: "We must obey them or be punished."

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 13:3-7

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2018
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 31, 2018

THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD - 1
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:13

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand" (Ephesians 6:13).

The word armour appears 41 times in both testaments of the Bible and generally implies weapon for warfare. It is either borne by the user or an aide, called armour bearer. In the New Testament it is called: armour of light, and gospel armour. According to Rick Joyner, "The entire Church age has been one of spiritual warfare, and that warfare is increasing as we approach the end of this age." All Christian soldiers must bear the armour and fight in the deadly warfare against the powers of darkness. You cannot stay neutral. (Ephesians 6:12; 2 Corinthians 10:3-4).

The Christian warfare is spiritual, so we must fight with spiritual weapons to overcome the adversaries (2 Corinthians 10:3-4). The components of the armour include Truth, Righteousness, and the sword of the Spirit. There is no guarantee of safety for the unarmed believers. You can only overcome the enemies when you put on the whole armour of God. You are secure fully clothed in God's armour. The arm of the flesh will fail. In Christ you are more than a conqueror.

Challenge: "In the Spiritual warfare you are a victor in God's armour."

Prayer: "Lord, help me to recognize my helplessness without your armour daily."

Quote: "You are secure, fully clothed in God's armour."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

See more here:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 01, 2018

THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD - 2
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:14

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness" (Ephesians 6:14).

Two components of the whole armour of God will be discussed today. One is Truth and the other is Righteousness. Truth is represented by the belt for the waist while righteousness is the shield for the breast or chest. The two pieces go hand in hand. Truth for a Christian is the result of righteousness within. The righteous person reveals his real nature by speaking the truth at all times. "If you speak the truth, you have infinite power supporting you, but if not, you have infinite power against you, said Charles George Gordon. Where Christ dwells, there is inherent power to live righteously and speak the truth in all circumstances because He is the Truth personified (John14:6).

People who engage in unrighteous acts and tell lies, yet alarm they are God's children, deceive themselves. Do you have the righteousness which is by faith in Christ? Truth and righteousness give vigour and vitality to Christian profession. Accept Jesus, into your heart to have these pieces of armour and you will shine as a bright light in a dark world.

Challenge: "Righteousness gives boldness against men and demons."

Prayer: "Lord, help me to show forth your glory by the life I live daily."

Quote: "Truth and righteousness give vigour."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 CORINTHIANS 6:4 - 8

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28am On Feb 02, 2018
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 2, 2018

THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD - 3
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:15

"And your feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace" (Ephesians 6:15).

As the boots are to the soldier's feet in physical warfare, so is gospel preaching to the Christian soldier. This aspect of the Christian life is mostly neglected in many Christian assemblies. The focus among believers today is; praise-worship, breaking generation curses, and prosperity among others, but not the Gospel. "The decree of death is upon all who have sinned, but the offer of eternal life is available to those who will believe. There is a way of escape. We must go! We must tell, " wrote Dr. Prince Guneratnam. Our Saviour said he came to seek and to save the lost. We cannot afford to do less since the disciple is not above his master.

Because genuine Christians are unconcerned, many false preachers have risen, deceiving the innocent. You should be involved in helping sinners to discover the way of escape from hell. You can distribute gospel tracts and other Christian literature materials. You can reach people through the social media, E-mail and text messages. Invite sinners to the Saviour. Do not let them perish! True disciples will talk about Jesus.

Challenge: "The gospel is only useful when we preach it."

Prayer: "Lord Jesus, give me grace to preach the gospel."

Quote: "We must go! We must tell."

Bible Reading in one Year: Mark 16:15,16

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21am On Feb 03, 2018
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 3, 2018

THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD - 4
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:16-17

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (Ephesians 6:16-17).

Three important components of the armour of God are hereby mentioned. They are the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. Faith paralyses the arsenals of the wicked; salvation experience validates our claim as Christians, and qualifies us to confront the powers of darkness. The Word of God is a weapon of attack in the fight with the devil. According to Dr. J. H. Jowett, "Evil never surrenders its hold without a sore fight." Unarmed Christians can easily be overcome. However, Satan is no match for the believer who wears his whole armour always. Though the devil was defeated on the Cross by our Captain, yet we must put on God's armour to subdue him.

The seven sons of Sceva, presumptuously attempted to cast out devils from a demoniac, without putting on the whole armour of God and were humiliated by the demons. (Acts 19:13-17). Put on the whole armour of God always and the kingdom of darkness will fail before you in Jesus' name.

Challenge: "No demon or problem can withstand the whole armour."

Prayer: "Help me oh God to always put on your whole armour."

Quote: "Faith paralyses the arsenals of the wicked."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46am On Feb 04, 2018
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4, 2018

REDEEMED BY HIS BLOOD
TEXT: REVELATION 1:5

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the Prince of the Kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood" (Revelation 1:5).

The race of Adam fell through temptation in the Garden of Eden, man's nature became corrupted, and fellowship with the Holy God was broken. The result of the broken relationship includes: sicknesses, diseases, fear, death, sufferings and eternal judgment. Good news! God took the initiative and provided solution through the vicarious sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Your good works and religious activities can never remove the stain, guilt and condemnation of sin. The Scripture says "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace." Jesus is the only mediator between God and sinful man. Hence in love, He laid down His life, so that our sins can be washed away. "whenever a man is ready to uncover his sins, God is always ready to cover them with His blood", said Walter B. Knight. Now, hear the hymn writer, "Have you been to Jesus for the Cleansing power? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Yes, Jesus died to set you free.

Challenge: "Outside Christ, no redemption."

Prayer: "Search me O Lord and cleanse me from sin, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Jesus died to set you free."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Peter 1:18-19

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
Higher Everyday
MONDAY FEBRUARY 5, 2018

SPEAK TO YOUR MOUNTAIN
TEXT: MARK 11:23

"For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and shall not doubt in his heart, he shall have whatsoever he saith" (Mark 11:23).

Mountains or challenges are not strange to man. What matters in any circumstance is our attitude when we are faced with challenges. God does not expect the believer to bow, weep or run away from problems or difficulties. Mountains are ordained to be removed by the word of
power from the believer's lips. You are not to be moved by mountains but mountains are to be moved by you.

There is awesome power in the words we speak. By your words you either win or lose. Your confession in times of trials determines your progress or retrogression. Joshua and Caleb got to the Promised Land, while ten other spies perished in the wilderness, because they believed God and confessed that they were able to conquer the land.

Today you can speak to any mountain in your life or family and it will move. Speak the words of authority and faith. Speak bodily against that infirmity, financial problem, affliction in your family, business or academic failure and they shall be removed in Jesus name. Amen.

Challenge: "This mountain must be removed."

Prayer: "Every mountain in my life and family, be removed in Jesus name."

Quote: "By your words, you win or lose."

Bible Reading in one Year: Mark 11:23-25

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11am On Feb 06, 2018
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2018

BENEFITS OF RESEARCH
TEXT: PROVERBS 25:2

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of Kings is to search out a matter" (Proverbs 25:2).

Through researches, hidden things are discovered and used for the benefit of mankind. Such discoveries include: Louis Pasteur's vaccines against bacteria causing diseases such as rabies and anthrax; and Thomas Edison's invention of the first practical light bulb and motion picture camera. Do not assume, however, that research skills belong only within the ambits of the academia. The great Saints of the Old Testament dispensation demonstrated brilliant research skills that yielded incredible results. Gideon conducted a properly designed research, collected data, analyzed them and arrived at a valid conclusion on divine guidance (Judges 6:36-40). When Israel was confronted with famine for three consecutive years, king David embarked upon a spiritual research which extracted divine prescription that ended the affliction (2 Samuel 21:1). Even king Herod researched into where Jesus was prophesied to be born (Matthew 2:1-8.).

Our key verse clearly shows that those who would discover the mysteries of God must invest in spiritual research by Bible study and prayers. Therefore, to achieve a rounded success in life, we must develop our spiritual research skills alongside its equivalent. The benefits are invaluable!

Challenge: "Exploratory prayer is a valid spiritual research technique."

Prayer: "Equip me, O Lord, with seeking skills."

Quote: "Through researches, hidden things are discovered."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Samuel 21:1-8; 1 Samuel 30:1-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07am On Feb 07, 2018
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2018

CHRISTIAN CHARITY
TEXT: GALATIANS 6:10

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith" (Galatians 6:10).

Winston Churchill said, "we make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." This quote underscores the primacy of giving over getting or receiving. Our key verse today enjoys all Christians to cultivate the Christian virtue of love and kindness: "Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality" (Romans 12:13). Jesus met the material needs of the needy and then "laid down His life for us........ Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps" (1 John 3:16; 1 Peter 2:21). Having founded Christianity on self-sacrifice, Jesus now calls us to do likewise. Let us reflect together on this stanza of a great hymn:

Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Saviour?
Are you ready His service to do?

Beyond financial assistance to the needy, charity also involves sacrificing our time and other resources in support of the needy. Are you walking in the steps of the Master?

Challenge: "Charity is a veritable spiritual investment initiative."

Prayer: "Grant me the grace to follow in your footsteps, O Lord."

Quote: "Cultivate the Christian virtue of love and kindness."

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 25:31-46

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07am On Feb 08, 2018
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2018

COUNT YOUR PROJECT'S COST
TEXT: LUKE 14:28

"For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?" (Luke 14:28).

Very popular quote, "He who fails to plan, has planned to fail," remains valid in every sphere of life. Grace for Today's Bible text advises everyone to cost every plan in life before commencing implementation. Failure to uphold this principle will certainly result in 'abandoned projects.' May none of your endeavors become an abandoned project in the name of Jesus.

In order to avoid such a situation, you must first count the cost, that is, plan. Hear William Arthur Ward, "Four steps to
achievement:

Plan purposefully,
Prepare prayerfully
Proceed positively
Pursue persistently."

This applies in any undertaking, be it education, secular career or Christian ministry. Success in Christian living demands careful planning. Those who ignored this truth have mostly abandoned Christ, "having loved this present world," like Demas (2 Timothy 4:10). Counting the cost of discipleship involves understanding the level of grace required and prayerfully drawing it from our Master's infinite resource base. We need grace for project successes. And we must consciously draw sufficient for each day, just like the Israelites collected daily ration of manna in the wilderness.

Challenge: "Every successful project is founded on solid planning."

Prayer: "Help me to depend on you oh Lord for effective costing."

Quote: "We need grace for projects and successes."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Kings 19:19-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 9, 2018

ENDURING TO THE END
TEXT: MATTHEW 24:13

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved" (Matthew 24:13).

Today's Bible text is a continuation of Jesus' prophecy on the last days' events. Some are natural catastrophes such as earthquakes; man-made evils, such as wars and persecutions, and others, lawlessness (including sexual immorality, drug abuse, robbery and other social crimes). These evils will be so strong and widespread that Jesus declared that one must have to endure (not enjoy) them to the end to be saved. Ever heard about an endurance athlete? Someone defined him as an athlete who "executes his or her technique consistently and effectively with the least effort." This means that the athlete must develop the required technique and apply it consistently and effectively until it is adopted as a personal lifestyle. Similarly, beyond accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Saviour, there is the need to grow daily in grace, by allowing God's word to mould our character and transform our personality.

Temptations, trials and afflictions will come our way as we journey to Heaven. But God promised to deliver His faithful ones "out of them all" (Psalm 24:19). Beloved, you can endure unto the end.

Challenge: "Starting well is commendable, but be consistent to finish well."

Prayer: "Oh God, may nothing cause me to backslide in Jesus' name."

Quote: "God promised to deliver His faithful ones."

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 24:1-25; 1 Corinthians 9:19-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55am On Feb 10, 2018
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 10, 2018

FROM TEARS TO TREASURE
TEXT: PSALMS 125:6

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" (Psalms 125:6).

Our sowing today may be in a white or blue collar job or even education. It may be hard, causing pains. But remember, "No pain, no gain." The conversion of sinners is a task that is only possible with divine intervention and not just preaching. As such, there is the necessity for soul-winners to labour in prayer, though it is hard for souls' salvation.

The late Commissioner Brengle stated, "The farmer ploughs his field often when he does not feel like it, but he confidently expects a crop for his labours". Now, if prayer is a form of work, and our labour is not in vain in the Lord, should we not pray regardless of feelings? Such prayers will certainly affect the soul, draw out hot tears that will not be denied in the courts of heaven. For example, John Knox cried to God, "O Lord, give me Scotland, or I die." God did. We must study, pray and preach, and God will reward our tears with treasures - the saved souls of children, youths and adults.

Challenge: "The price of a soul remains high, reward for soul-winning, glorious."

Prayer: "Father, help me to harvest the hidden treasures through soul-winning in Jesus name."

Quote: "Remember, "No pain, no gain"."

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 25:14-30

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2018

GOD FIRST IN ALL DECISIONS
TEXT: PSALMS 125:6

"There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back anything from me but Thee, because Thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?" (Genesis 39:9).

There are many fine Christians who have gone underground because they hurried embraced the devil's bait, presented in the form of a better life. Such people had without praying, jumped at something they perceived as a rare opportunity, only to realise their grave error much later. Joseph, as a teenager in Egypt, held onto the faith of his fathers. He always examined every action in the light of its eternal consequence. Thus, he honoured God even while a salve in Egypt. In return, God rewarded the faithfulness of Joseph and promoted him above his wildest imagination. It is no wonder that Mike Murdock declared that, "Decisions create destinies".

Young people who put God first, even above marriage and career include Dr. David Livingston and Mary Slessor. Livingston was a medical doctor and Mary Slessor was a medical nurse. They both yielded at different times to serve as missionaries to Africa. They became more honoured and famous than their contemporaries in the medical field. Those who would attract divine honour must first distinguish themselves in honouring God in every decision of their lives.

Challenge: "Exalt God in your life's endeavours and earn divine honour."

Prayer: "Help me, O God, to put you first in all things."

Quote: "Decisions create destinies"."

Bible Reading in one Year: Genesis 39:1-23; 41:39-44

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
Higher Everyday
MONDAY FEBRUARY 12, 2018

GOD'S SOVEREIGN POWER
TEXT: PROVERBS 19:21

"There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand" (Proverbs 19:21).

Examples abound in the Bible, and also in contemporary times, of powerful men who, in their haughtiness, hatched evil plans that they eventually could not realise. They all learned a bitter lesson about the sovereignty of God and His absolute power over the "world, and they that dwell therein" (Psalms 24:1).

Haman failed to exterminate the Jews, despite his brilliant plot; he was eventually hanged in his own gallows he made for Mordecai, the Jew (Esther 7:10). King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished when his fire failed to consume the three Hebrew young men (Daniel 3:14-26). He was shocked at the great deliverance by God of His children and his high ego was brought low (Daniel 4:30-33). Saul, Darius, Herod, and many others, all experienced the omnipotence of God.

So, as we trust in the promises of God, all contrary human plots against us shall collapse. Hallelujah! Equally, if you are going a wrong way, God can redirect your steps. Remember Saul's conversion on the way to Damascus? How about Jonah on a mission to Nineveh? Our God is awesome!

Challenge: "Every plan not sanctioned by God will certainly collapse."

Prayer: "Grant me a humble heart, O Lord, to honour you in all my plans."

Quote: "God can redirect your steps."

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 12:1-25; Daniel 3:9-30

See more here:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2018
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2018

GOD'S TIMETABLE
TEXT: GENESIS 18:14

"Is there anything too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son" (Genesis 18:14).

Our Almighty Creator has ordered the universe right from the day He designed it. Everything has its place; everyone has a unique programme ordained by God. We only scheme ourselves out of God's divine plan that guarantees happiness on earth and bliss in eternity by resisting the Gospel and rejecting Jesus as Lord. Are there things you are believing God for? You will get them if your faith does not fail.

God is never too late. He will do what He says He will in His time. While we live in the valley of sin and/or unbelief, impossibilities appear lofty and real, but once we rise out of sin through faith in Christ, we ascend Mount Zion with Him where "all things are possible to him that believeth" (Mark 9:23). Never despair in the face of challenges of life; instead, seek the face of God in prayer and then patiently await His intervention. Be sure of this: "He makes all things beautiful in His time," as the songwriter says.

Challenge: "Wouldn't you rather wait on the LORD? I would."

Prayer: "Help me, Lord, to ignore seeming impossibilities and trust in your promises."

Quote: "He makes all things beautiful in His time."

Bible Reading in one Year: Genesis 18:1-15; 21:1-8

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2018

HYPOCRITE
TEXT: JOB 27:8

"For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?" (Job 27:8.).

There was a top-notch volunteer Pastor in a large international church, who was also a very senior government official in his country. He was highly respected because he 'humbly' offered his resources to serve God, despite his very high socio-economic status. But his sudden death unveiled his horrifying secret life: he was a secret polygamist, adulterer and a high-level government treasury looter! So, what did he achieve in life? And where is he in eternity? Your guess is as good as mine. Hear the hymn writer:

Have you counted the cost,
if your soul should be lost,
Tho' you gain the whole world for your
own?...
Even now it may be that the line you have
crossed,
Have you counted, have you counted the
cost?

Do you really think you are smart just because you have acquired an academic certificate by hook and crook instead of hard work? Are you reveling in sexual immorality and practising other evil and yet you call yourself a Christian? Hypocrite, repent now!

Challenge: "Gain of unrighteousness spells doom."

Prayer: "Deliver me, O God, from the horror that await hypocrites in eternity."

Quote: "Hypocrite, repent now!"

Bible Reading in one Year: Job 20:4-29

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2018

KING'S POWER
TEXT: ECCLESIASTES 8:4

"Where the Word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, what doest Thou?" (Ecclesiastes 8:4).

When all her pleas fell on deaf ears, a young lady quickly approached a nearby soldier, requesting assistance to recover her car seized by an illegal task force team that was randomly extorting money from people. The soldier simply asked the lady to go back and tell them to release her car. Though incredulous, the lady still conveyed the soldier's order. Then she was stunned to watch the same people quickly comply without hesitation, knowing the authority behind the release order. That was just a soldier, and not the president, the commander in chief.

Commenting on salvation of souls, C. H. Spurgeon said, "Mental power may gather a large congregation, but only spiritual power will save souls. What we need is spiritual power." Yes, spiritual power which comes through study of God's word and prayer from a righteous soul. The word of God, the King of kings, conveys the greatest power from the highest authority in Heaven and on earth! In God's word, we may freely access power for salvation, healing, success, deliverance, prosperity and victory in spiritual warfare, just for the asking!

Challenge: "Dare to trust God's word and experience His awesome power."

Prayer: "Grant me the courage to act on your word, O LORD."

Quote: "The word of God.......conveys the greatest power"

Bible Reading in one Year: Luke 5:1-10; Mark 4:35-41

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:29am On Feb 16, 2018
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 16, 2018

LABOUR TO SHINE AS STARS
TEXT: DANIEL 12:3

"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever" (Daniel 12:3).

Paraphrased, an age-old adage says, "Aim at the stars, if you would land on the moon." This underscores the relative farther distance of the stars from the earth, in comparison to the moon. In other words, we are encouraged to always aim at the very best so we do not miss the second best, at the least. Well beyond this, God expects us after the Saints' Rapture to wear crowns and to have stars in our crowns. Read the lyrics of this hymn:

In the strength of the Lord let me labour and pray,
let me watch as a winner of souls;
that bright stars may be mine in the glorious day,
when His praise like the sea billows roll.

Will there be any stars, any stars in my crown,
when at evening the sun goeth down?
When I awake with the blest,
in the mansions of rest,
will there be any stars in my crown?

All Christians who keep the Bible prescribed standard of holiness will certainly make heaven. However, our rewards shall be based on our personal investments in the Kingdom. Special rewards await soul winners on arrival in Heaven. So, let us get to work. Let us win souls.

Challenge: "Heavenly stardom is worth labouring for."

Prayer: "I commit to labour with you, O God, for the salvation of souls."

Quote: "Special rewards await soul winners"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Corinthians 9:16-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 17, 2018

LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE
TEXT: REVELATION 21:8

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murders, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:8.).

In his book, The Way to Eternal Life. Gordon Lindsay said "There are those who teach if there is a hell that it is not everlasting. Yet it should be pointed out that the same word that is used to denote the eternal bliss of the righteous is also used to describe the eternity of unbelievers." A wealthy businessman struggled to impress a preacher with a short story. He recalled, with contempt, how his grandmother used to warn him to shun sin in order to escape the horrors of "the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." Now, in adulthood, he continued mockingly, that he had discovered it was all lies intended to keep young people from evil.

Then the preacher looked straight into his eyes sternly and told him how terribly wrong he was and his grandmother, absolutely correct. Truly, that lake is still waiting for stubborn-hearted people who would resist the gospel and reject Jesus Christ as Lord. You would not want to be in their midst, would you?

Challenge: "Do not fool yourself, hell is real."

Prayer: "Deliver me, O God, from the lake with fire and brimstone."

Quote: "Truly, that lake is still waiting"

Bible Reading in one Year: Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 21:1-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2018

LOVED BUT LAWLESS
TEXT: NEHEMIAH 13:26

"Did not Solomon King of Israel sin by these things? Yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God......nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin" (Nehemiah 13:26).

The most beloved, most divinely favoured of all the Kings of Israel, Solomon, eventually turned his back on God, unfortunately. Is not his case comparable to that of Adam for whom God provided everything he would ever need in his whole life? Yet, despite clear warnings from God, Adam "did eat" (Genesis 3:6) of the forbidden fruit. In his book, learning obedience, Andrew Murray declared, "From beginning to end, from paradise lost to paradise regained, the law is unchangeable; it is only obedience that gives access to the tree of life and the favour of God."

Child of God, are you aware that you are one of those whom Jesus loved "unto the end" (John 13:1)? Jesus died that you might "have life and.....have it more abundantly (John 10:10). Would you rather be lawless though beloved of Jesus? I would not think so. Arise and return to your loving Heavenly Father where you will be safe, if you have turned from the narrow way.

Challenge: "Do not spurn the love of God."

Prayer: "Turn my heart, my God, back to you in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Return to your loving Heavenly Father"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 KINGS 11:1-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2018
Higher Everyday
MONDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2018

MIND YOUR COMPANIONS
TEXT: PROVERBS 13:20

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed" (Proverbs 13:20).

The human mind is a very impressionable stuff, easily adopting and adapting to influences around it. This is more pronounced in children and young people who must mimic or copy what they see or hear as a part of their growth and development process. In view of this established fact, some religions invest heavily targeting children as a strategy for growing future population of their members.

Thus, Jim Rohn affirms, "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with." So, younger Christians must make conscious efforts to identify and associate with prayerful and more experienced Christian leaders to ensure positive influence. Remember, Amnon, the Son of David, was destroyed because of the evil influence of his cunning friend, Jonadab (2 Samuel 13:1-14; 26-32). In the modern world, your companions also include the radio, television, Internet and the print media. They are available every day, twenty-four hours as agents of socialization. Exposure to bad products from them is very harmful. Make friends of God's children and avoid sinful entertainments.

Challenge: "Evil companions can ruin your great future if you let them."

Prayer: "Father, help me to make your word my permanent companion."

Quote: "Make friends of God's children"

Bible Reading in one Year: PROVERBS 2:1-24

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 20, 2018

NEVER JOIN BACKSLIDERS
TEXT: JONAH 1:5

"Then the mariners were afraid, and cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the wares that were in the ship into the sea, to lighten it of them. But Jonah was gone down into the sides of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep" (Jonah 1:5).

There was a very young man with a great future whose life was suddenly cut short by police bullets. His crimes? He was harbouring a friend in his house who, unknown to him, had committed a crime and was hiding from the police. The police trailed the criminal to his friend's house and shot both of them dead while they attempted to escape. If you have a friend who is not born again or a backslider, beware. Either of them has the capacity to overwhelm you with their unwholesome influences. The Holy Spirit warns: "Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness" (2 Corinthians 6:14)?

While the Bible enjoins all Christians to do their best to draw sinners to Christ, they are not required to embrace them in their sin. Condoning in their sinful and antisocial activities will attract divine judgment. Backsliders are in perdition; do not associate closely with them.

Challenge: "Come out from among them. Simple!"

Prayer: "Empower me, Lord, to withdraw from the midst of Backsliders."

Quote: "Backsliders are in perdition"

Bible Reading in one Year: Jonah 1:1-17; 2 Chronicles 18:1-34

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06am On Feb 21, 2018
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2018

READING AND LISTENING
TEXT: JONAH 1:5

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed" (Proverbs 13:20).

In his book, spiritual leadership, J. Oswald Sanders said, "we can afford to read only the best and what will be most helpful to us in fulfillment of our mission." Reading has been defined as a "process involving word recognition, comprehension, fluency, and motivation.......making meaning from print" looking into a book, a literate person would normally identify the words, construct an understanding of their meanings and coordinate the identified words in such a manner that meaning is made of the material.

Reading and hearing are some of the key means of acquisition of knowledge. Faith in God and His promises "cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). Persistence in the study of the Bible, as well as regular listening to good preaching and teaching, are two inseparable ways of commencing and continuing in divine fellowship with God. Those who ignore these means of grace do so at their own peril, both in time and in eternity! The habits of reading and listening will promote you.

Challenge: "Knowledge is power; Reading is the gateway to it"

Prayer: "Open my heart, O Lord to understand as I study your Word."

Quote: "Reading and listening will promote you"

Bible Reading in one Year: Joshua 1:1-9

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.