Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return - Religion (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return (1392177 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25, 2018.

SPIRIT LIFE MATHEMATICS
TEXT: 2 PETER 1:5

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge" (2 Peter 1:5).

Mathematics, a branch of science, involves numbers, signs and symbols. It is a scientific study of matter; it ensures continuity and provides answers to problems. One of the early basic mathematical concepts a child is taught is addition of numbers, which is the process of calculating the sum of two or more numbers or amounts. The numbers grow systematically.

Today's text applies the mathematical principle of addition to show God's expectation from the Christian youths in spiritual growth. They must grow in grace, yes, grow by adding Christian experiences and virtues. Since you got saved, have you added the next Christian experience which is sanctification? How about the virtues? Add temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness and love. No Christian youth should lack these virtues. However, only people who are born again can grow in grace, or do you expect fresh leaves and succulent fruits from a dead tree? It is only living trees that can produce sap. Make sure you are spiritually alive through salvation and holy living. In no time, you will be adding the required virtues.

Chɑllenge: "It is necessary to add and not subtract from our Christian virtues."

Prɑyer: "O Lord, help me never to be stunted in spiritual growth."

Quote: "No Christian youth should lack these virtues"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Peter 1:15; 3:18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 2018.

A SHIP OF SAFETY
TEXT: ACTS 27:31

"Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship; ye cannot be saved" (Acts 27:31).

C. S. Lewis said, "The salvation of a single soul is more important than the production or preservation of all the epics and tragedies in the world." Noah's Ark in Genesis chapter six, vividly explains the issue of safety, security and salvation. His family obeyed the call to enter and remain in the Ark and were saved from destruction by flood. Noah had done as God commanded: "Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch... And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation" (Genesis 6:14; 7:1).

Today's text shows how God can intervene to deliver from danger. God told Paul that every life in the ship would be saved. Paul pleaded with the co-travelers to stay in the ship for their own safety. They accepted and were saved from drowning. God's saving grace is available only in Christ, our Ship of salvation. Except you receive and abide in Him, you will face the sinners' doom.

Chɑllenge: "Christ in you the hope of salvation of humanity."

Prɑyer: "My God, help me to abide in saving grace continually."

Quote: "Christ is salvation ship"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Genesis 6:5-14

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 2018.

ACTIVE AS THE ANT
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:6

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise" (Proverbs 6:6).

The word 'sluggard' actually means a habitually lazy fellow, be it at home, school or office. The result of this is poverty, poor academic performance and failure in life. Just a little sleep, some wandering about, and then, procrastination: "I will study it tomorrow." What is needed here is action. Hear William Ward, "Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing and dream while others are wishing." Arise from your sleep, and be busy with your books.

In today's text, the sluggard is invited to learn from the ants which are active, hardworking, determined, and cooperating creatures. They are focused and work tirelessly to achieve set goals. Ants do not have dull moments. They network and are alert yet they have no guide, teacher or instructor to make things work. As self-starters, they are wise to prepare ahead. How about your forthcoming tests or school project? Do you read the 'Search the Scriptures' lesson in preparation for the Sunday school? Do your best in everything, pray and God will see you through.

Chɑllenge: "Do not allow dull moments in your life; be active."

Prɑyer: "Lord, take away from me the sluggard spirit in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Ants have no dull moments"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Thessalonians 3:11-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2018.

A GOOD NAME
TEXT: PROVERBS 22:1

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold" (Proverbs 22:1).

An ex-convict or an athlete who failed a dope test, has a stigma attached to his or her name. A Good name is golden and opens doors everywhere. A godly reputation is more important than earthly riches. it is better than a precious ointment. Bill Gaither once said: "I would rather be a Christian, He meant to be called, little Christ. Good names command goodwill, good impressions and respect from others. Compare the names: Mary and Jezebel or Simon Peter and Judas Iscariot. it does not take seconds to know which one you like better. A good name is associated with good deeds, good character or holy conduct.

Today's text tells us that we should prefer a good name to great riches. This explains why names like Absalom, Achan, Cain and Jezebel are hard to find in the contemporary world. People abhor them; parents consider them as abomination. Christians delight in names such as: Abraham, Isaac, David, Ruth, Mary and Esther. Repentance for sin and accepting Christ can however, change a sinner to a saint. An example is Rahab, the harlot.

Chɑllenge: "Many sinner youths have repented and are now saints."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to be a saint to the end."

Quote: "A good name is golden and opens doors"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Timothy 2:19-20; Proverbs 7:1

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21am On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2018.

YOU WILL NOT BE DEGRADED
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:13

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under loot of men" (Matthew 5:13).

Reporting on the quality of the different parts of the same salt, Henry Maundrell said, "I broke a piece of it, of which that part that was exposed to the rain, sun, and air, though it had the sparks and particles of salt, yet it had perfectly lost its savour. The inner part, which was connected to the rock, retained its savour, as I found by proof." Common table Salt (Sodium Chloride -NaCl) is a very stable compound and acts as preservatives and flavours. Christians should preserve Christ's teaching by precept and example. We should act as preservatives, preferring honesty, moral-standing to sin of stealing, lying, falsifying documents, etc. We can add flavour to this world by being a positive influence on others to make them thirst/hunger for God's kingdom.

God can use you to execute His kingdom purpose. When you lose your Christian principles and integrity, you become worthless to the world and to Christ. William Barclay said, "When a thing loses its essential quality and fails to perform its essential duty, it is fit for nothing but to be thrown away,"

Chɑllenge: "Mixing the Gospel truth with other ideologies makes you lose your Saltiness."

Prɑyer: "Dear God, make me a sanctifying influence in my society."

Quote: "Preserve Christ's teachings by precept and example"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Mark 9:50; 2 Peter 2:20-21; 2 Kings 2:19-22

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, AUGUST 30, 2018.

MARKS OF THE MESSIAH
TEXT: MATTHEW 11:5

"The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them" (Matthew 11:5).

Both Prophet Isaiah and John the Baptist had given prophesy about the Messiah. John the fore runner of Jesus Christ in his time of distress was confused about the genuine identity of Christ. But Jesus responded by saying, "Tell him of my works." On the other hand, the Jewish people were expecting a different Messiah; they wanted one who would be a superhero, who would destroy their perceived oppressive enemy-the Romans. They weren't expecting a servant who would die, they wanted a military leader not a suffering Saviour. They were not expecting a Messiah like Jesus.

People identified Him by His acts and speech. We should then bear marks that attest to our faithfulness to the Lord, both in difficult times and in good times. Sacrifice your worldly goods for the sake of gospel ministry, and remember He's our Hero and will always supply our needs and come through for us if only we ask and believe. What are the marks you bear that testify to your faithfulness to our Lord and Saviour? Christ's Compassion and care for the poor surpass the miracles done.

Chɑllenge: "Is the public opinion of you godly?"

Prɑyer: "Order my steps in your word, O Lord."

Quote: "People identified Him by His acts and speech"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Isaiah 29:18-19; Matthew 8:1-4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2018.

DOING GOD'S WILL
TEXT: PSALM 40:8

"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart" (Psalm 40:8).

According to Dr J.R. Miller, "it is easier to do that which God gives us to do, no matter how hard it is, than to face the responsibilities of not doing it.., Jonah learnt this the hard way. His spiritual journey typifies foot-dragging obedience to God's commandments. Having received God's mandate to go and preach the word in Nineveh, Jonah went his own way, but God mercifully gave him a second chance before he obeyed. His simple message .,... Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown" (Jonah 3:3), led to repentance and God's forgiveness of the Ninevites..

God demands prompt obedience to His commandments from us. Do you obey God promptly? God wants you to be saved and has given you numerous opportunities but you have continued in your sins of examination malpractice, immorality, internet fraud and other ungodly lifestyles. Confess your sins now and God will forgive and save you. Thereafter, you will delight to obey God without questioning and He will bless you beyond your imagination.

Chɑllenge: "Give your life to Christ and receive grace to obey God"

Prɑyer: "Help me to know and do your will, make me willing to obey your word."

Quote: "Delight to obey God"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Jonah 1: 1-3; 3: 1-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2018.

MAKE OTHERS HAPPY
TEXT: 1 PETER 4:13

"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart" (1 Peter 4:13).

In his definition, psychiatrist Thomas Szasz says, "Happiness is an imaginary condition, formerly attributed by the living to the dead, now usually attributed by adults to children and by children to adults. A fascinating study on the principle of the Golden Rule was conducted by Bernard Rimland, director of the Institute for Child Behaviour Research. The result showed that happy people do not only help others but are also unselfish, and their activities are devoted to making others happy. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

The secret of happiness and satisfaction lies in trust in and obedience to God and His word. It also lies in your ability to handle life's challenges without blame or bitterness. A major source of happiness however, is to get saved early in life. This is because, happiness is linked to holiness and godliness. Thomas Brooks stated frankly, "The way of holiness that leads to happiness is a narrow way; there is but just room enough for a holy God and a holy soul to walk together."

Chɑllenge: "When you are selfish, you can hardly be happy"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, make me a happy and unselfish person."

Quote: "Happiness is linked to holiness"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Colossians 3:8; James 1:19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05am On Sep 03, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3, 2018.

JOB'S LATTER END
TEXT: JOB 42:12

"So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses" (Job 42:12).

Two Stanford University boys whose funds got desperately low had an idea to engage a pianist for a recital so as to use the funds to pay their tuition. The great pianist's manager asked for a guarantee of $2,000, to which term the boys agreed. But they later found that they had grossed only $1,600, which they gave the artist, along with a promissory note for $400. The pianist decided to return the money to them. One of the boys, who was now in charge of the US Food and Relief Bureau, offered to help the artist, now premier of Poland, whose people were starving after World War I. Wonderful!

When you love and do good, repayment for your good gesture may not come immediately, but it surely comes. "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or, whether they both shall be alike good" (Ecclesiastes 11:6). Keep on serving the Lord and doing good no matter your challenges.

Chɑllenge: "Loving and doing good is a command from God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to cleave to love and that which is good."

Quote: "Keep on serving and doing good"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Romans 8:35

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08am On Sep 04, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 4, 2018.

THE SINGING TONGUE
TEXT: PSALM 126:2

"Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them" (Psalm 126:2).

People sing or laugh for various reasons. While some do so to ridicule or mock at people, many do it to express joy, happiness or pleasure with others. A lovely or joyful laughter comes from hearing or sharing some pleasant information or experiences with people you love. A lovely laughter is good for personal health. This was why Orison Swett Marden said, "If only people knew the medicinal power of laughter, of good cheer... half the physicians would be out of work."

Do away with your gloomy look and laugh always, because laugher reduces blood pressure. When they were in captivity, the children of Israel lost joy and could not sing the songs of Zion. But, when God set them free, laughter and singing came into their camp again. If the devil has stolen your joy and laughter, remember that Christ came to give you abundant life. Turn to Him now and receive grace to be happy.

Chɑllenge: "Making peace with God is a key to joy and laughter"

Prɑyer: "Help me, oh God to spread cheer and lovely laughter around me."

Quote: "Sing the songs of Zion"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 137:1-4; 126:1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42am On Sep 05, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2018.

YOU CAN MAKE A MARK
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 18:7

"And the women answered one another as they played, and said, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands" (1 Samuel 18:7).

Everybody can make their mark by achieving recognition or success in a particular field of endeavour such as science, law, business or medicine. After working as a door-to-door salesman, Baron Marcet Bich joined an office equipment firm. He worked on Lazio Biro's theory of ball point pen. Biro, the Hungarian, invented the theory, but it was Bich who perfected it, building the Bic Company in 1950. The Bic pen is used all over the world today. Bich made his mark and died in 1994.

David made his mark when he killed the boastful Goliath by faith and courage. He later became a faithful shepherd - King of Israel - and God called him a man after His own heart. You too can get a recognition or success greater than that today, if you walk closely with God. Use your own God-given gifts and you will make your mark. Thirst after heaven and God will use you to His glory.

Chɑllenge: "Success is achieved by those who try"

Prɑyer: "O God, reveal to me where I am gifted."

Quote: "God will use you to His glory"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Proverbs 22:29

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14am On Sep 06, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2018.

GAINFUL USE OF TALENTS
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:16

"Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents" (Matthew 25:16).

Everyone born into the world is a bundle of talents or gifts. These must be diligently and faithfully used to God's glory and the good of mankind. Louis Pasteur, the talented scientist, studied Physics and Chemistry in Paris. He later became a professor of Chemistry. It was he who discovered that bacteria caused many diseases and deaths. This led to the production of antibiotics and other medicines that cure disease. He discovered vaccines against diseases, such as rabies. He used his gifts to the benefit of humanity.

The world today is also plagued with a spiritual disease called sin. Jesus is God's solution to the sin problem. You must preach Him to the whole world to cure it and stop the spread. Remember, "Occupy till I come." If you fail to trade with your talents, you will at last give account to God. Where ever you may be, use your talents to save souls.

Chɑllenge: "Great talent without will-power and hard work is a waste"

Prɑyer: "My God, help me to use my talents well."

Quote: "You will at last give account to God"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Proverbs 6:6-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2018

Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2018

THE WAY OF ESCAPE
TEXT: MARK 16:15

"And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).

The decree of death is upon all who have sinned, but the offer of eternal life is available to those who will believe. There is a way of escape. We must go! We must tell," says Dr. Prince Guneratnam. The manner in which any life activity is started often shows its success or failure. A good sprinter may lose in a race if he fails to start at the blast of the whistle. That is why an adage says, "Delay is dangerous." When Jesus commanded His disciples to go and preach the gospel, they obeyed and God blessed their efforts on the field of evangelism.

The Lord is still commanding you to "go" and save souls that are dying in sin. You meet them at school, on the buses, on the streets and in the trains. Do not delay but go and tell them that Jesus only is the Saviour and sin-bearer.

Chɑllenge: "If you're in the Saviour 's hands, you must do as He commands"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to obey promptly your call to service."

Quote: "Delay is dangerous"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 28:19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48am On Sep 09, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2018

ANCIENT GRUDGE
TEXT: LEVITICUS 19:18

"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:18).

Georges Clemenceau, then Prime Minister of France, was on his way to a meeting with President Woodrow Wilson's adviser, when he was shot at by a young anarchist named Emile Cottin. As his car sped away, Cottin fired at least six more shots, one of which struck Clemenceau near his heart. The culprit was captured and a death penalty demanded, but Clemenceau asked for leniency, recommending eight years in prison "with intensive training in a shooting gallery."

When you are wronged in some way, do not fight back, because such a reaction is always in error. Do not be like the legendary Shylock in Shakespeare's play, The Merchant of Venice, who wanted to cut a pound of flesh from Antonio because of the 'ancient grudge' he bore him. As Epictetus says, "Forgiveness is better than revenge, for forgiveness is the sign of a gentle nature, but revenge is the sign of a savage nature." You must reject revenge, aggression and retaliation and embrace love, because vengeance belongs to the Lord. "... thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." (Leviticus 19:18).

Chɑllenge: "Love and forgiveness are signs of a gentle nature"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, take away the vengeful spirit from me."

Quote: "Vengeance belongs to God"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Proverbs 20:22; Matthew 5:44

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
National Youth Success Camp Day 4 (24/08/18) Faith Clinic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZ0kZomJvM
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03am On Sep 10, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2018

THE EXPECTED END
TEXT: PHILIPIANS 3:14

"I Press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14).

Richard Baxter says it is lamentable that many people cast God aside and spend time and energy on trifles. The Lord, who is Almighty, seems to them as nothing, and which is nothing seems to them as everything. God has set mankind in such a race where heaven or hell is their certain end, but people sit, loiter, or run after the childish toys of the world, forgetting the prize they should run for. The hymn writer says, "Onward to the prize before us! Soon His beauty we'll behold; soon the pearly gates will open, we shall tread the streets of gold."

Don't feel discouraged because of the labour you undertake for God's sake or your studies. Remember the prize awaiting you and move on. The Lord has promised to strengthen you and comfort you under any circumstance, and He is our rewarder. So, you should labour faithfully in the Lord's vineyard for the sake of life eternal. You are running for the prize. Don't give up; you will be crowned.

Chɑllenge: "Run the race with heaven as your certain end"

Prɑyer: "Do not allow me, O Lord, to run after the childish toys of the world."

Quote: "Don't give up"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Corinthians 9:24

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
National Youth Success Camp Day 4 (24/08/18) Developing Excellence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4LfHpNC8PI
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12am On Sep 11, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2018

SELF-CONFIDENCE
TEXT: HEBREWS 10:35

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward" (Hebrews 10:35).

Fourteen-year-old Australian swimmer, Shane Gould once told reporters, "I have a feeling there will be a world record today." She went on to set two world records in the 100 and 200-meter freestyle events. When asked again how she thought she would fare in the more testing, grueling, 400-meter event, Shane replied with a smile, "I get stronger with every race." Because of the power of self-confidence and inner motivation, she won that event, and at 16 she held five world records and became one of the greatest swimmers of all time.

An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds, unlike a pessimist who fears this is true. Choose today to be a confident youth, seeing every risk as an opportunity to excel. Do not fear the penalties of failure but see the rewards of success in advance. Blend this with trust in God, who assures us in Jeremiah 32:27 that nothing is too hard for Him.

Chɑllenge: "Create the habit of seeing every risk as an opportunity"

Prɑyer: "Take away any spirit of pessimism from me, oh God."

Quote: "Choose today to be a confident youth"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 John 5:14; Jeremiah 32:27

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55am On Sep 12, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2018

PRIDE
TEXT: PROVERBS 14:16

"A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil, but the fool rageth, and is confident" (Proverbs 14:16).

A young man who was known all over his school to be very intelligent, went in for his Advanced level General certificate Examination (GCE). He was a science student. He was so confident of success as he went into the exam hall that he boasted before his classmates who were not performing as well as he, that he would make 'A' grade in all the five papers he was sitting for. However, when the results were released, he failed every subject. His failure was due to underrating the exam, over-confidence and pride which made him not to pray and work harder. On receiving his poor result, he was almost pushed to committing suicide, if not for the timely intervention of his friends.

Avoid over-confidence in life, work hard, pray hard and trust in God, for with Him all things are possible. Misplaced confidence leads to pride, which goes before destruction. According to the international Health Awareness Centre, half of all failures happen to youths who are intelligent and boast they can. Today's text teaches us to be wise. Endeavour to work hard, pray and and have confidence in God.

Chɑllenge: "O Lord, take away any overconfidence from me"

Prɑyer: "May I not forget seeking God through overconfidence in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Avoid over-confidence"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Proverbs 16:18

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20am On Sep 13, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2018

VAIN THINGS
TEXT: PROVERBS 11:28

"He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch" (Proverbs 11:28).

We live in a world full of material things ranging from the latest household equipment, to transport and office machines. They so much provide modern man with great ease of getting things done that they put all their hope on them. However, they fail to reflect on the danger that awaits them if they put their trust in uncertain riches. Several years ago, six armed gunmen broke into a bank and stole valuables worth more than $7 million. One lady whose jewelry was appraised at $500,000, wailed, "Everything l had was in there. My whole life was in that bank."

Don't put your love and trust in earthly things, because they will cause you much physical and mental suffering. Some youths take the foolish risk of joining bad gangs in order to get rich. Some of them get killed due to involvement in armed robbery. Apparently, such youths feel that without material possessions, life was worthless. Others have been thrown into despair, even to the point of committing suicide, when their certificate exam results were not released. Stop worshipping material things and worship only God.

Chɑllenge: "Putting confidence in material things is dangerous"

Prɑyer: "God, take my attention away from the vain things of this world."

Quote: "Worship only God"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 12:20-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2018

SELF-DESTRUCTION
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 6:10

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (1 Timothy 6:10).

A young man came out of the Ozark Mountains in his early manhood with the firm purpose of making a fortune in gold. Gold became his god, and putting it first, he won it. He came to be worth millions of dollars. Then the crash came, and he was reduced to utter poverty. He eventually lost his mind along with his fortune. According to Wallace Denton, Money is a faithful servant but a tyrannical master."

Many youths think that money is security, but the warning coming to you today is that it can be just the opposite. A few years ago, Rosa Grayson of Washington won $400 a week for life at the state lottery and she hid herself in her apartment. For the first time in her life, she had nervous problems and everyone tried to put the blame on her. Are you obsessed with money or true riches? Beware of riches without godliness; it can bring sorrow, sadness, and suffering, but it shall be well with the teenagers who have Christ.

Chɑllenge: "Money is a faithful servant but a tyrannical master"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, take away the love of money from my heart."

Quote: "Are you obsessed with money or true riches?"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Timothy 6:9-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2018

AVOID MOODINESS
TEXT: LUKE 10:20

"Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in Heaven" (Luke 10:20).

Ever heard of song therapy? In the last Puritan, Santayana wrote, "To be happy was to sing; not to be made to sing, or to sing by rote, or as an art or for a purpose, but spontaneously, religiously, because something sang within you and all else for the moment was remote and still." A man was hospitalized with a rare, crippling disease. When it was diagnosed as incurable, he left the hospital. Aware of the harmful effects that negative emotions could have on the body, he reasoned the reverse was true. So, he borrowed a movie projector and prescribed his own treatment. It did not take long for him to discover that 10 minutes of singing and joy provided two hours of pain-free sleep, and amazingly, his debilitating disease was eventually reversed.

Beloved, do you know that joy is curative and can improve your health? So, no matter what challenges you are going through, always avoid moodiness and gloominess, and remember that there is no greater joy than being joyful in the Lord, especially as your name is written in heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Change if you have the habit of carrying a sad face at all times"

Prɑyer: "O God, make me a joyful Christian."

Quote: "Joy is curative"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Job 8:21; Psalm 68:3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2018

EMULATE CHRIST
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3:12

"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering" (Colossians 3:12).

Mamie Adams always went to buy stamps at a branch post office in her town because the postal employees there were friendly. When she went there again another time, the queue was so long. Someone hinted that there was no need to wait in the line because there was a stamp machine in the lobby. "I know," said Mamie, "but the machine won't ask me about my arthritis." Also, Somerset Maughan's mother was an extraordinarily beautiful woman married to an ugly man. When a family friend once asked how such a beautiful woman could have married such an ugly man, she replied, "He has never once hurt my feelings."

Kindness of heart, holiness and meekness, not physical beauty or handsomeness, make you attractive. When you share kindness, you win the world and the hearts of people around you. Riches, beauty, or handsomeness without kindness is nothing. You should always show kindness to your friends, relatives and all and sundry as God has shown towards you.

Chɑllenge: "Showing kindness is a command from God"

Prɑyer: "Help me, O God, to show kindness to others."

Quote: "Share kindness"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Peter 1:7; Proverbs 19:22

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Return And God Will Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018

ACT FAST
TEXT: JAMES 4:13

"Go to now, ye that say, today or tomorrow, we will go into such a city and continue there a year and buy and sell and get gain" (James 4:13).

In August, 2005, many residents of some parts of the U.S.A were unaware of the extent of the natural disaster awaiting them. It was the deadliest hurricane in the history of the U.S.A. About 1,836 people lost their lives, 3 million people were without electricity, without houses and $81.3 billion worth of properties destroyed in that disaster. Many of those who died were among those who failed to heed warnings to move to safety or delayed taking action. Whatever is worth doing is not only worth doing well, but also fast. Have you heeded the call to give your life to Jesus?

These residents must have boasted of so many things that they would do or carry out but when disaster struck, they could carry nothing out. This shows the futility of planning without God. Are you planning without God? Do not begin to boast of what you will do today, tomorrow or in the future without God in your plans. Put God first in your plans and He will make it come to pass.

Chɑllenge: "Leave your today or tomorrow in the hands of God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, control all my plans, in the name of Jesus."

Quote: "Put God first in your plans"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Corinthians 4:7

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.