Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Are There Really Jobs In Warri? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Really Jobs In Warri? (2100 Views)

Post Jobs In Warri Here Please!!!!! / Hospitality Industry Vacancy In Warri, Delta State / Any Jobs In Oil/Gas Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
My question might sound funny or stupid, but the fact is I have basically gone round the whole of Warri. There seem to be no jobs in the town. The only jobs available are sales boys/girl jobs and computer operators for business centres. If u are not a community youth, hunger go dry your neck like vulture own! Any contract job that surfaces are offered to the community youths. The slots are then shared among themselves. Even the private schools pay peanuts like N12000. My fellow Warri brosses na how una see am!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
If u are complaining of no jobs in warri come to agbor, the only jobs u can hardly get is teaching jobs dat paid graduates 8k. Don't doubt it dat is wot i was paid b4 i resigned. Dey look for who to sell aiico insurance products to.
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by andresia(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
Shell leaving this town, warri, crippled the economic activities of the town. The indigenes also do not help matters with dia numerous deve things thereby scaring potential manufacturing investors (like plastic, biscuit, slippers, etc makers) away.

@op, I feel you but you can also look at oda sectors like banking.
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
Banking is in every where, and met for those dat have connection
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by samlestic(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
@op you mean 12k a month?
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
andresia: Shell leaving this town, warri, crippled the economic activities of the town. The indigenes also do not help matters with dia numerous deve things thereby scaring potential manufacturing investors (like plastic, biscuit, slippers, etc makers) away.

@op, I feel you but you can also look at oda sectors like banking.
Banking jobs these days na by connection o!. Inshort, warri is being sustained by keke napep transport business. Shell has relocated to PH. DSC where I used to work has folded up. This was a company dat use to employ close to 4 thousand pple. @samplesti yes, 12k
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by mitcheti(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
If u see the way Tompolo's boys and some agberos spend money here in Warri, you will cry for Nigeria. The amount of money some graduates earn in four months dats what they spend in a sitting on drinks and girls. WheneverI come accross them I begin to ask myself if going to school was worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
I'm telling you,only community boys do get jobs in the oil and gas sector OR if you knw one or two person then you cn get a slot. Oil and gas servicing comp they don't advertise whenever there is a vacancy you don't know .Even banks sef na still connection.
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by HenryThegreat1(m): 12:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Even d insurance wen i dey sell sef deltans non gree buy

2 Likes

Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 10, 2014
HenryThegreat1: Even d insurance wen i dey sell sef deltans non gree buy
Loool
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by mikovo2002(m): 5:37am On Jul 10, 2014
I am one of those in yr shoes I have no option than to do labour in a constructn site to sustain my family after I resign from a school that pay 20,000 for a month but will own worker for three months.
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:58am On Jul 10, 2014
My broda 20k is very ok.
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2014
mikovo2002: I am one of those in yr shoes I have no option than to do labour in a constructn site to sustain my family after I resign from a school that pay 20,000 for a month but will own worker for three months.
bro you shouldn't have resigned. It's better that labourer job u're doing o!
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2014
mikovo2002: I am one of those in yr shoes I have no option than to do labour in a constructn site to sustain my family after I resign from a school that pay 20,000 for a month but will own worker for three months.
bro you shouldn't have resigned. It's better than that labourer job u're doing o!
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by luvprince4real(m): 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Warri.... A land where d touts float in millions and d educated ride kekeh nappep for survival.... What an irony..
Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by databoy247(m): 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
hehehehe

Funny thread. Come to think of it, you guys are right. Personally i look outside the shores of Warri to do business. And i have some contacts (which is key in this town), and even at that its still difficult. The best way to make money in this town is by doing business and not just any business but unique ones.

I always tell people, the best way to make money is by satisfying the addiction of people....look for what they are addicted to and provide it for them. You will make money.

E.g.
- All the youths are jobless but they can afford N200 - N500 daily for sports betting! Then why dont you become an agent?? You will make thousands weekly. grin

- They are jobless but they spend a fortune on alcohol......all you do is give it to them grin

- The girls dont want to work but they love sugar daddies (oil workers)....oya give dem more make you collect ya commission cool

Its all about satisfying their addiction.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Jobs In Warri? by mikeyj: 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
Funny enough / this is true ...

(1) (Reply)

25 New Vacancies At Erisco Foods Ltd. / Job At Moan Homes Lekki / A Security Firm In Abuja (Rapid Secure) Is Recruiting Security Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.