Stats: 3,158,940 members, 7,838,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better (3539 Views)

Honda E0D 2003 model For Sale 650k Not Negotiable / Sharp Reg 03 Honda E0d For Sale In Abuja / Few Mths 05 Reg Honda E0D For Only 1m In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 10, 2014
Am thinking of buying either the benz c240 2005 model or an E0D Honda. Please advice.
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by coolsegun2002: 2:08am On Jul 10, 2014
My opinion...EOD is more elegant..large,mad interior but pple say it usually develops gear box wahala don't know how far tru it shaa cos I don't have one I use a camry.....but German machines are usually stronger anyday...I think Honda is cool for young boiz shaaa...
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 10, 2014
How can anybody be comparing an eod to a benz?? undecided This is actually an insult

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 10, 2014
How can anybody be comparing a benz with an eod? undecided This is actually an insult to benz

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by oieda: 6:42am On Jul 10, 2014
A very big insult. As in OP, are you seriously asking? Haba na. Any day, any benz beta pass Honda by far. Honda is cheap.

Eod parts are even expensive and yes I've had a guy with gear box problem. Had to pay up to 150k or so.
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2014
Benz is safer, stronger, more rugged and more prestigious. Honda EOD or whatever Honda it is cannot be compared to Benz. Its simply in a class of its own..

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2014
elbedso: How can anybody be comparing an eod to a benz?? undecided This is actually an insult
well not everybody is knowledgeable about benz cars probably you educate us better
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 10, 2014
smoothsk: well not everybody is knowledgeable about benz cars probably you educate us better
There's nothing to be educated better about biko. All dose vboots and 230 and 190e you see on the roads,do u know when they were made? The oldest honda you'd see on d road isn't it probably that honda halla? That should tell u educate u enuf na

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2014
well if u have money for maintenance buy d benz and when u buy it do routine check ups and maintenance or u would nt enjoy it,as for d EOD,its a fine car bt personally,i dont think i can buy it i better go for a Toyota instead.
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by eminemkayc: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2014
Ths is lyk comparng vladimir putin's reasoning ability to that of Ebele...

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2014
dukeolumde: Benz is safer, stronger, more rugged and more prestigious. Honda EOD or whatever Honda it is cannot be compared to Benz. Its simply in a class of its own..
By the way am not comparing the Honda Brand to the Benz brand. I just need specific details on why you feel Benz C240 is better than Honda Eod or vice versa not based on the overall image of either brand

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 10, 2014
SAVEDBABA: well if u have money for maintenance buy d benz and when u buy it do routine check ups and maintenance or u would nt enjoy it,as for d EOD,its a fine car bt personally,i dont think i can buy it i better go for a Toyota instead.
. Thanks for the tip
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2014
By the way am not comparing the Honda Brand to the Benz brand. I just need specific details on why you feel Benz C240 is better than Honda Eod or vice versa not based on the overall image of either brand
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by coolsegun2002: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2014
D op isn't aking for difference in the entire brand..just comparison btw specific models.....maybe a picture would do

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by babanana: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Who is comparing Germany and Bra71L.

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by victor08(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
[size=18pt]BENZ all the way. That EOD is toy with leg issues.[/size]

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by KOMBE: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
My brother a Benz c240 is much more durable than eod... you can ask the Benin guys why the ride is like uniform. I travelled to Benin last week and was so surprised that every family drives a Benz. The car is more cheaper to maintain than eod and you will hardly have an issue with the suspension. My mechanic said that he has never seen a c class that the engine smokes grin grin grin. I will simply say that the c240 benz is rugged.

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Carter111: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Its clear you don't know much about automobiles, both cars are quite good. Its also a matter of taste, we cant decide for you, you know what you like. Comparing these is a matter of cost and maintenance. If you have enough dough, you may go for the mercedes. You can make research, check google for reviews like edmunds.com. Safe bro

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2014
smoothsk: By the way am not comparing the Honda Brand to the Benz brand. I just need specific details on why you feel Benz C240 is better than Honda Eod or vice versa not based on the overall image of either brand
benz has a more powerful engine,more sufisticated,faster,more classy nd nt very common
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by ukandi1(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
SAVEDBABA: benz has a more powerful engine,more sufisticated,faster,more classy nd nt very common

Benz engine is stronger, that i agree. But to say d C240 is faster and more classy than d HONDA EOD is debatable. HONDA is d most preferred choice in d USA, i stand to be corrected. Nigeria is a nation with BENz and toyota mentality. But let me tell u that there are many vehicles brand without hype that wil serve u more than d Benz/toyota.
Honda products have issues with shaft pulling , yes they do. Benz is not left out either. The EOD is faster than C240 . Their maintenance cost is subject to their usage and roads cos both of them have expensive spareparts. Fuel consumption depends on d engine type, u all shud kniw that. So, in comparing them, many variables play up. Which is more classy would depend on d eye of the beholder. My humble submission.

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
ukandi1:

Benz engine is stronger, that i agree. But to say d C240 is faster and more classy than d HONDA EOD is debatable. HONDA is d most preferred choice in d USA, i stand to be corrected. Nigeria is a nation with BENz and toyota mentality. But let me tell u that there are many vehicles brand without hype that wil serve u more than d Benz/toyota.
Honda products have issues with shaft pulling , yes they do. Benz is not left out either. The EOD is faster than C240 . Their maintenance cost is subject to their usage and roads cos both of them have expensive spareparts. Fuel consumption depends on d engine type, u all shud kniw that. So, in comparing them, many variables play up. Which is more classy would depend on d eye of the beholder. My humble submission.
my brother Benz C240 is much easier to maintain than EOD, and the parts usually lasts for a long time. Until you try one it may be difficult to understand why Benz users find it difficult to use any other car.
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2014
coolsegun2002: D op isn't aking for difference in the entire brand..just comparison btw specific models.....maybe a picture would do
is that red benz up for grabs? how much
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Cholison(m): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2014
Only two cars in the world merc and others
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Eyop: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2014
OP the Benz is far better than the EOD but you should understand that some people will prefer the EOD because any Japanese mechanic can easily handle the repairs and some Japanese cars can tolerate bad repair work done by some inexperienced mechanics but the German cars are not like that and any bypassing you do on German cars will have a negative effect on the long run. If you have a compentent German mechanic then i will suggest you go for a Benz.

Finally if you choose the Benz,go for the C320 or C350(V6). The C240 is underpowered or if you want to save more on fuel then go for C230 Kompressor(4 Cylinder engine) performance monster. Goodluck
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by coolsegun2002: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
smoothsk: is that red benz up for grabs? how much
Yeah it is...950k
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Eyop: OP the Benz is far better than the EOD but you should understand that some people will prefer the EOD because any Japanese mechanic can easily handle the repairs and some Japanese cars can tolerate bad repair work done by some inexperienced mechanics but the German cars are not like that and any bypassing you do on German cars will have a negative effect on the long run. If you have a compentent German mechanic then i will suggest you go for a Benz.

Finally if you choose the Benz,go for the C320 or C350(V6). The C240 is underpowered or if you want to save more on fuel then go for C230 Kompressor(4 Cylinder engine) performance monster. Goodluck
thanks for the tip
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
coolsegun2002:
Yeah it is...950k

Is it naija used?
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=cne010]

Is it naija used? Is the pics above the exact interior?
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by coolsegun2002: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
It's naija used...but Sorry bros..its sold
Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by adanny01(m): 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
I am surprised people here say the Benz is cheaper to maintain. Thats a big no. Apart from its expensive parts, they are sometimes unavailable especially its sensors and body parts. Once my friend spent 2 months looking for wiper motor which he later got for 50k. They easily develop electrical problems and have a lower ground clearance. The key is very very sensitive, easily goes bad and expensive. Kompressor is a supercharger which has more power but i will avoid it because of our mechanics. Lastly, it has a lower second have value than the EOD.

EOD spare parts are more available and cheaper. EOD has better fuel economy but very good engine power. Gear box issue that people complain of NEVER EVER CHANGE GEAR OIL UNLESS YOU HAVE ORIGINAL HONDA Z1 ATF. Shaft pulling out, i have never heard. Ball joint pulling out depends on your maintenance habit and quality of replacement parts you buy.

Both are very good cars.

Re: Honda E0D And Benz C240 Which Is Better by eRay200(m): 11:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
the EOD has more interior space than the c240,cheaper parts,and can tolerate poor maintenance habits.jst my two cents.

TOYOTA SIENNA 2003, Auto, 105k mileage, Ac, Fabric, 1st Body @850k / Ford Escape 2008 Xlt(4plugs) Used... 1.47m SOLD!!! / Mobile Crusher