Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

Argentina Did Not Deserve To Win - Robben - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Did Not Deserve To Win - Robben (715 Views)

NFF Did Not Pay Me N20Million, Oliseh Releases Bank Statement [DOCUMENTS] / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina Did Not Deserve To Win - Robben by rozayx5(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherlands/2014/07/10/4948853/argentina-didnt-deserve-it-robben

Arjen Robben said Argentina didn't deserve to reach the World Cup final after beating his Netherlands side 4-2 on penalties in Wednesday's semi-final.

There was little in the way of goalscoring opportunities at either end in a disappointing encounter, with the scoreline goalless after extra-time.

The match was decided by a penalty shoot-out and while Tim Krul's quarter-final heroics saw the Dutch beat Costa Rica on spot-kicks, on this occasion misses from Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder proved costly.

Maxi Rodriguez struck the winning penalty for Argentina, but Robben was in no mood to offer his congratulations as he came to terms with the defeat.

"Argentina did not deserve to win," the Bayern Munich winger claimed.

"They did not have many chances and the best chances fell to us. The final? I think Germany have proved more and I have many friends there, so I hope they win the World Cup."

The Oranje will face Brazil in a third-place play-off on Saturday, but when asked about the prospect of ending the competition on a high, Robben could do little to hid his misery.

"Honestly, it's not a title that interests me," he admitted.

"But, I am very proud of this team. Of course it is difficult to fail when you come so close, but the fact we managed to get here is amazing. We mustn't blame anyone, everyone did a great job."

very bad comment from him.
Re: Argentina Did Not Deserve To Win - Robben by Miscellaneous(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
oga Robben Why didn't those who "deserve to win" won?
Re: Argentina Did Not Deserve To Win - Robben by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Miscellaneous: oga Robben Why didn't those who "deserve to win" won?

erm.....WIN not won cheesy
Re: Argentina Did Not Deserve To Win - Robben by Miscellaneous(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
breezy047:

erm.....WIN not won cheesy

This shows your level of education.... ba?

stop correcting a correct word bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imoh Ezekiel Drops Farewell Message After Completion His Move To Qatar / Official: Man Utd Agree Fee For Di Maria / Keshi Makes Shocking Revelation About IK Uche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.