Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

I Thought You Knew (king Saul, The Unfavoured King) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Thought You Knew (king Saul, The Unfavoured King) (599 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / Shocking! Biblical King Saul & Reverend Oshoffa Of Celestial Church Are In Hell! / King Saul In Hell Fire - 2nd Encounter Of Bro.emmanuel Senayon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Thought You Knew (king Saul, The Unfavoured King) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
unfavoured (ʌnˈfeɪvəd) or unfavored
adj
not regarded with special kindness or approval: unvalued and unfavoured daughter (king).

The first king of Israel, anointed by the seer Samuel. He went out looking for some lost donkeys with his fathers servants, when he was directed to go ask the seer (prophet) for directions after their futile search got them nothing. 1 Samuel 9vs 6.

He was annoited and appointed captain of God inheritance the next day.
Note here though that Saul was not made king immediately, at least he has been anointed but not yet proclaimed or known as the king. Saul was called king after he won his first battle against the Ammonites! All hail the King! 1 Samuel 11 vs 15.

He fought some memorable battles and won some wars during his reign.

In his second year he was (1 Samuel 13 vs 8 - 14) the kingdom of King Saul was discontinued because he made a mistake! He offered a burnt offering to the Lord while he was instructed to wait for the prophet for seven days. So, right there he was informed that the Lord has chosen someone else after his own heart to be the Captain over his people. (David) but his name was not yet mentioned till years after.

King Saul was given his second and final test in 1 Samuel 15. He was instructed to go and destroy the amalekeites. Did he yeah!, but not all, he kept their king and some fat oxens and other animals to offer burnt offering! ( what was wrong with Saul and burnt offerings huh). Right there in the presence of his elders and the people, he was rejected finally! The End of his reign in God's agenda.

In my opinion, King Saul was doomed from the beginning, reasons?
God never wanted the Israelites (Israelis) to have a king aside him, but they want to be like other nations. 1 Samuel 12 vs 12
They forced prophet Samuel to beg God and plead, they never stopped till they where answered. 1 Samuel 8 vs 7 - 9
Samuel knew the end before the beginning as a Seer (Prophet) he knew King Saul was not favoured. The told him in his second year that he has been rejected! 1 Samuel 13 vs 14
David that was to be king after him was not yet ready for the position or not available. So a care taker was needed to occupy till it's set. 1 Samuel 15 vs 28
Some school of thought argued that - Grace is something you had to work for then, but King Saul didn't find favor/grace before his creator hence all his episodes of rejection even after he asked for forgiveness from Samuel. 1 Samuel 15 vs 25.

We are now in the time of grace, there is no need to offer burnt offerings or sacrifices to God. His grace is sufficient for us. Just take it!

My opinions though! I might be wrong, I might be right.

kindly click on the link below to read more articles from my blog.

www.designspaceltd.net

(1) (Reply)

A More Sure Word / Second Wedding For 9-year-old Boy & His 61-year-old Wife / 7 Spritual Productive Habits To Develop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.