Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital (3239 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hello guys,
I am currently living abroad but desperately want to move back to 9ja. I am going to sell my property abroad and expect it to get me a cash windfall of at least N75m that I want to invest in something viable in Abuja and/or Lagos. Therein lies the dilemma; I have no idea what is profitable these days. I dabbled in Abuja real estate for a bit last year, but got burned cry
Any suggestions that can provide a 10% - 30% ROI annually will be welcome. My professional qualification is in Accounting (not finance) but I do not wish to practice that in 9ja... For any business ideas, note that I will be 'on ground' to run it properly.
Great sages of NL, you guys should please help me out with ideas!!!
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by aokewole: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
There are lots of things you can do, but none devoid of a healthy amount of risk. Sorry to hear that you got burned in Abuja, it happens to the best of us.

My advice is to keep the money in a fix deposit account in Nigeria paying 10% - 12%, then come back frequently to speak to people and find out what business you might be interested in with the least barriers to entry. The golden rule is that, any business too good to be true probably is, but there are still profitable ideas out there.

4 Likes

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
aokewole: There are lots of things you can do, but none devoid of a healthy amount of risk. Sorry to hear that you got burned in Abuja, it happens to the best of us.

My advice is to keep the money in a fix deposit account in Nigeria paying 10% - 12%, then come back frequently to speak to people and find out what business you might be interested in with the least barriers to entry. The golden rule is that, any business too good to be true probably is, but there are still profitable ideas out there.

Thank you, that is very sound advice. But if I may indulge you a bit further, do you have any specific areas you think I might be interested in? Perhaps the areas yielding the highest returns at the moment.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Naijamachines: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Obviously N75M is a large sum of money that should be invested wisely. I will not give you some off the cuff response, but have two or three opportunities that might be VERY valuable to you.

Before getting to the investment activity itself, it would be very helpful for you to really understand where you are coming from and what you intend to achieve. YOU are the only one that knows EXACTLY what YOU want. You need to ask and answer several fundamental questions about yourself and what you want to achieve before you can make a sound investment choice. These are just basic examples of some of the questions you need to ask yourself and answer truthfully to YOURSELF:

Where do you currently reside and relocating from?
What is driving your need for relocation?
What are your current capabilities? (your skills, what you can do, etc)
What are your current capacities? (how hard you can work, any restrictions, disabilities, etc)
What are your key strengths and weaknesses? (this would help you determine where you will need to absolutely rely on others to help)
What are you primarily interested in (what do you enjoy doing)?
What type of business or activities would make you happy or give you physiological satisfaction? Don't just think about money alone.
What are the things you will absolutely NOT consider?
What is your tolerance level to develop a business?
AND so on...

I may sound philosophical, but trust me, addressing these facts upfront would save you A LOT of heartache in future and prepare you very well for uncertainties that you WILL surely face in your investment/business.

I feel passionate about topics like this as I currently operate a heavy equipment sales and leasing business in Nigeria. We serve construction companies, quarries and dredging activities in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ondo state. We also support any heavy industrial equipment need. I would be interested in sharing some ideas and advice with you generally. I can also share experience in this business with you if you like.

Leave me your email or phone number so that we can have a private conversation.

send me an email at: info@naijamachines.com
visit our website to see what we are about www.naijamachines.com or www.infiniward.com

2 Likes

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Youngzedd(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2014
Don't go near fixed deposit account.

Buy Nigeria treasury Bill.
Check investment section.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2014
Youngzedd: Don't go near fixed deposit account.

Buy Nigeria treasury Bill.
Check investment section.

My 2 cents.

Thank you for the advice, I just took a look at the CBN treasury and the annual yield from T bills hovers aroung 11.5%. That is about the same % my bank will give me for a fix deposit account. Why do you prefer Treasury bills?
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 10:53am On Jul 13, 2014
Naijamachines: Obviously N75M is a large sum of money that should be invested wisely. I will not give you some off the cuff response, but have two or three opportunities that might be VERY valuable to you.

Before getting to the investment activity itself, it would be very helpful for you to really understand where you are coming from and what you intend to achieve. YOU are the only one that knows EXACTLY what YOU want. You need to ask and answer several fundamental questions about yourself and what you want to achieve before you can make a sound investment choice. These are just basic examples of some of the questions you need to ask yourself and answer truthfully to YOURSELF:

Where do you currently reside and relocating from?
What is driving your need for relocation?
What are your current capabilities? (your skills, what you can do, etc)
What are your current capacities? (how hard you can work, any restrictions, disabilities, etc)
What are your key strengths and weaknesses? (this would help you determine where you will need to absolutely rely on others to help)
What are you primarily interested in (what do you enjoy doing)?
What type of business or activities would make you happy or give you physiological satisfaction? Don't just think about money alone.
What are the things you will absolutely NOT consider?
What is your tolerance level to develop a business?
AND so on...

I may sound philosophical, but trust me, addressing these facts upfront would save you A LOT of heartache in future and prepare you very well for uncertainties that you WILL surely face in your investment/business.

I feel passionate about topics like this as I currently operate a heavy equipment sales and leasing business in Nigeria. We serve construction companies, quarries and dredging activities in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ondo state. We also support any heavy industrial equipment need. I would be interested in sharing some ideas and advice with you generally. I can also share experience in this business with you if you like.

Leave me your email or phone number so that we can have a private conversation.

send me an email at: info@naijamachines.com
visit our website to see what we are about www.naijamachines.com or www.infiniward.com

Thanks for the info, I will send me an email later. Tbh, I am not really familiar with heavy equipment sales but am interested to hear what you have to say.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by HooxJnr(m): 11:03am On Jul 13, 2014
To me,I think the best option at your disposal is to visit Nigeria first and survey your desired area. Look for things or services that are not available where you intend to. locate your business but are very much available or in excess where you currently reside and try to replicate such services in Nigeria. Many Nigerians travel abroad just to access some services which are currently not available in Nigeria. Such people will be glad if such services are made available in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by crestime(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2014
Simply follow these steps:
1. Fix your cash in a reputabe Nigerian bank for just two years.
2. Get a small team of veterans in the real estate sector(make sure they aren't crooks!)
3. Get advice from your bank on reputable real estate investment firms you can learn from(they'll be happy to refer you; with all that cash in your account!)
4. Pay the required fee and get started learning with your team(take note: never pay any member of your team a dime. If they're interested enough, They'll be willing to delay gratification and work towards the big picture)
5. Start testing the waters. After the two years of learning, get your team to start investing small sums in real estate ventures.
6. Make small mistakes. With time you'll master the terrain and you'll be able to confidently do larger investments.
7. Be very patient and take your time. Be cautious all the time. Nobody is a friend.
Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 11:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Thanks guys @hooxjnr and @crestime

From what you have said and what I have heard when I have heard on ground, real estate appears to be one of the thriving sectors at the moment especially in Abuja and Lagos. I did get burned last year though trying to make a quick buck in Abj from land speculation - won't happen again. Your approach is definitely something I will consider because with the eko atlantic project going on in Lagos, and the centenary city in Abuja, 9ja will soon come into the international real estate focus.

@crestime - are there any property developers you would recommend?
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Youngzedd(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2014
SangoCrusader:

Thank you for the advice, I just took a look at the CBN treasury and the annual yield from T bills hovers aroung 11.5%. That is about the same % my bank will give me for a fix deposit account. Why do you prefer Treasury bills?

Tax.

Read TB thread on investment section.

The bank will milk you will their tax percent while TB is not taxable.

You can also post this thread there, you will see more suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by osasboy(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
There are lots of businesses you can invest in with such amount of money especially fmcg and consumable. With this you will own a standard business and create job opportunities for youths.
Real estate is a lucrative business ,but the question is do you want you want to run a day to day business or you just want to invest and wait for a reasonable ROI after a period?

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by TokyoBulls(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
If I were in your shoes, I will not go near Real Estate in Nigeria or Abuja in particular. I live and work in Lagos and Abuja and the property market is only in one direction you can clearly see if you're smart. There are many estates in Abuja that have been completed for more than 4 years without clients to buy or lease. The truth is they're usually overvalued and the owners aren't desperate for cash.

Treasurery bills and fixed deposits are safe but yiled very small ROI. You can't get anywhere near 30% with TBills or fixed deposits. My risk appetite is moderate so I don't go near low-risk, low-return investments. I access and invest in moderate and high return businesses and clearly the risk needs to be accessed.

There are possible distribution investments that yied up to 5% or more monthly and most of them are multinational FMCG companies with proper structures and are on the Nigerian Stock Exchange or even on New York Exchange. If I were in your shoes, I will get a bank guarantee to the value of this sum and start distribution for 2 of these companies and bring in a franchise brand as the third. Margin on such brands may be as high as 60%.

2 Likes

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
TokyoBulls: If I were in your shoes, I will not go near Real Estate in Nigeria or Abuja in particular. I live and work in Lagos and Abuja and the property market is only in one direction you can clearly see if you're smart. There are many estates in Abuja that have been completed for more than 4 years without clients to buy or lease. The truth is they're usually overvalued and the owners aren't desperate for cash.

Treasurery bills and fixed deposits are safe but yiled very small ROI. You can't get anywhere near 30% with TBills or fixed deposits. My risk appetite is moderate so I don't go near low-risk, low-return investments. I access and invest in moderate and high return businesses and clearly the risk needs to be accessed.

There are possible distribution investments that yied up to 5% or more monthly and most of them are multinational FMCG companies with proper structures and are on the Nigerian Stock Exchange or even on New York Exchange. If I were in your shoes, I will get a bank guarantee to the value of this sum and start distribution for 2 of these companies and bring in a franchise brand as the third. Margin on such brands may be as high as 60%.

Thanks man, you have raised very good points. Last time I was in Abuja, I drove around Apo, Lokogoma and Gwarinpa in Abuja and the number of newly built and uninhabited estates was very surprising with 'for sale' and 'to let' signs everywhere. I currently work for a multinational FMCG but have never thought about smaller players like me being able to enter such markets. Are there any particular FMCG companies you would recommend with potentially lucrative products not currently in the Nigerian market?
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Youngzedd:

Tax.

Read TB thread on investment section.

The bank will milk you will their tax percent while TB is not taxable.

You can also post this thread there, you will see more suggestions.

I did not think about that... the last time I did a fix deposit, I got his with an MHT tax so I guess the T bills are safer and tax free. Thanks for that @Youngzedd.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Youngzedd(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
SangoCrusader:

I did not think about that... the last time I did a fix deposit, I got his with an MHT tax so I guess the T bills are safer and tax free. Thanks for that @Youngzedd.

You're welcome.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
osasboy: There are lots of businesses you can invest in with such amount of money especially fmcg and consumable. With this you will own a standard business and create job opportunities for youths.
Real estate is a lucrative business ,but the question is do you want you want to run a day to day business or you just want to invest and wait for a reasonable ROI after a period?

Thanks @osasboy. I am actually looking for a day to day business that will give me a chance to meet people and make business links for other opportunities. One thing I hate about my current job is that it is back office financial work where I barely get to talk to any customers at all. Regarding FMCG, could you please help me outline how the business model would work if I chose to go into it?
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by osasboy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
FMCG business model is quite challenging but with good ROI if well planned and managed.
I always start at looking at consumers needs(gap) and then solve the problems by introducing goods or services that will meet their needs.

Firstly, You can start by looking at any product or service you think that Nigerians needs that are in other parts of the world and is not currently in Nigeria.
I have been opportune to work with some entrepreneurs in this category and i have seen them make good cash from this opportunities.

It involved lots of planning and strategic thinking....
You can mail me on osasid@yahoo.com for further correspondence .
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
osasboy: FMCG business model is quite challenging but with good ROI if well planned and managed.
I always start at looking at consumers needs(gap) and then solve the problems by introducing goods or services that will meet their needs.

Firstly, You can start by looking at any product or service you think that Nigerians needs that are in other parts of the world and is not currently in Nigeria.
I have been opportune to work with some entrepreneurs in this category and i have seen them make good cash from this opportunities.

It involved lots of planning and strategic thinking....
You can mail me on osasid@yahoo.com for further correspondence .

Thanks, I will send an email later.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by tinnymerit(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
Have you heard of kakawa before?,thats the arm of firstbank that is holding the treasure bill aspect of the bank,stroll to any first bank inquire of the treasure bill, with 75m you will be given @ least 15percent per yr just negotiate with dem,divide that by 12 months thats abt 12m averagely 1m per month dat quite gud for u for a start.start dat before you take the dive.Guys no dey smile for naija everybody na lion now even ur twin brother cant be trusted but u can still trust firstbank.I try?.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by TokyoBulls(m): 1:19am On Jul 14, 2014
FMCG in Nigeria is still growing and some of these companies are growing at over 30% Year on Year. I know some that have not grown leas than 25% in the past 5 years. I worked with 3 of them and currently work with 1 and can tell you there are very good international brands that are yet to be in Nigeria. Several of the products sold by these multinationals are not here. Independent people buy, import abd sell them with little efforts, some with absolutely no marketing. Let me give you a perspective. B29 is smuggled into Nigeria from Indonesia through Cotonou. This is shocking but it's the truth. Getting a third party contract manufacturer for soap is absolutely easy and getting the franchise isn't difficult either. I can mention more than a dozen of such brands locally consumed in tonnes yet we they're either imported or smuggled in

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2014
TokyoBulls: FMCG in Nigeria is still growing and some of these companies are growing at over 30% Year on Year. I know some that have not grown leas than 25% in the past 5 years. I worked with 3 of them and currently work with 1 and can tell you there are very good international brands that are yet to be in Nigeria. Several of the products sold by these multinationals are not here. Independent people buy, import abd sell them with little efforts, some with absolutely no marketing. Let me give you a perspective. B29 is smuggled into Nigeria from Indonesia through Cotonou. This is shocking but it's the truth. Getting a third party contract manufacturer for soap is absolutely easy and getting the franchise isn't difficult either. I can mention more than a dozen of such brands locally consumed in tonnes yet we they're either imported or smuggled in
if op has the energy to deal with the hustle then your idea makes a lot of sense. It is hard work but it will surely pay right from the day he opens his warehouse.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by osasboy(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2014
TokyoBulls: FMCG in Nigeria is still growing and some of these companies are growing at over 30% Year on Year. I know some that have not grown leas than 25% in the past 5 years. I worked with 3 of them and currently work with 1 and can tell you there are very good international brands that are yet to be in Nigeria. Several of the products sold by these multinationals are not here. Independent people buy, import abd sell them with little efforts, some with absolutely no marketing. Let me give you a perspective. B29 is smuggled into Nigeria from Indonesia through Cotonou. This is shocking but it's the truth. Getting a third party contract manufacturer for soap is absolutely easy and getting the franchise isn't difficult either. I can mention more than a dozen of such brands locally consumed in tonnes yet we they're either imported or smuggled in

Exactly what I was trying to tell the Op..TokyoBulls please send me your mail address or better still you can reach me on osasid@yahoo.com I would like to meet with you because I am impressed with your post and to see that you align with me in this area. I am a business consultant
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by TokyoBulls(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
osasboy:

Exactly what I was trying to tell the Op..TokyoBulls please send me your mail address or better still you can reach me on osasid@yahoo.com I would like to meet with you because I am impressed with your post and to see that you align with me in this area. I am a business consultant

You can reach me on loynox@yahoo.com. Thanks for the complements
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Tyche(m): 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
Vegetable Oil Refinery

Solvent Extraction Plant (30t/d for a start)

Tomatoes processing plant

These are goldmines

3 Likes

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by MrCyril(m): 1:43am On Jul 15, 2014
SangoCrusader: Hello guys,
I am currently living abroad but desperately want to move back to 9ja. I am going to sell my property abroad and expect it to get me a cash windfall of at least N75m that I want to invest in something viable in Abuja and/or Lagos. Therein lies the dilemma; I have no idea what is profitable these days. I dabbled in Abuja real estate for a bit last year, but got burned cry
Any suggestions that can provide a 10% - 30% ROI annually will be welcome. My professional qualification is in Accounting (not finance) but I do not wish to practice that in 9ja... For any business ideas, note that I will be 'on ground' to run it properly.
Great sages of NL, you guys should please help me out with ideas!!!
Cheers
Am a portharcourt based businessman, you can invest less than half of that money into logistics(provide hilux,buses,security,etc for companies) they pay good money on daily bases. I have some companies that needs the services right now but am still rallying round for capital to get the vehicles and other things needed. You can also be buying and selling/executing contracts from NDDC, I have the contacts as well. If you are interested you can partner with me for any of the above and If You wanna talk more you can call me on. 08032765549 or mail :cidomick@yahoo.com
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 15, 2014
Lovely business ideas; I love it wen men discuss; u get to feel the passion,gluttony n lust for business, really lovely; buh pls I wanna ask, what is FMCG (I need be enlightened )

Lest I 4get OP; I'll advice u to go acquire a land in a good metropolis; P/harcourt, n or Lagos; buil a very lovely rental hall (I believe dat oney 'll serve perfectly well) My brother; U can never loss 4rm dat business n be rest assure of making far more dan ur anticipated 30% ROI ; I sure know wat I'm telling u (plus d risk is vvery minimaal). Wish u all d best bro; as u strive for betterment

2 Likes

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Tyche(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Raymondenyi: what is FMCG (I need be enlightened )

Fast Moving Consumer Goods. There are mainly four categories; Home and Personal Care, Foods and Beverages, Cigarettes, and Alcohol
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by gr8david(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
if u may leasing to my small boy advice, I will like to tell u d@ Abuja and Lagos is not where to make money in Nigeria as a business person, except u wanna go to politics.
Let me know anytime you are around so d@ when can do the business opportunities "surveyor" together, if u dont mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start Rice Farming In Nigeria(full Guide) / Are you a mini importer? Let me help you grow your sales to 100+/month / How Can I Become A (Sub) Distributor For Nestlé, Unilever And Procter & Gamble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.