Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Phones As A Gift To Kids To Reward Academic Excellence. Parents Beware!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Phones As A Gift To Kids To Reward Academic Excellence. Parents Beware!!! (464 Views)

3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards / Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence / Nuc Shuts Down 50 Fake Universities...says Parents Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phones As A Gift To Kids To Reward Academic Excellence. Parents Beware!!! by 4reigningqueen: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
This has become a trend, not only here in Nigeria but around the world. I think parents should stop giving kids phones especially when they wont monitor them.

This "cry" was inspired by what i found out among three of my students in the same class. I will call them F, M and J. They are 12, 13 and 14 years respectively and are in JSS 2.

F came first in the class and was given a phone as a gift by HER parents when SHE was in JSS 1. M got her 2go ID, so they started chatting. M"s friends decided to use M"s ID to woo F who agreed to be his girlfriend without knowing it wasnt M. M tried to tell her he wasnt the one but she wouldnt listen. The "relationship" continued until J, in the same class,became interested in F so he made his interest known on 2go but F told him she already had M. J became angry and jealous and started bullying and abusing both of them in class and on 2go. The news spread but their parents had no clue.

Anything could have happened among these students.Please,parents,watch what you buy for your kids and monitor them!!!
Re: Phones As A Gift To Kids To Reward Academic Excellence. Parents Beware!!! by Onlinebizexpert(m): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Mapoly Hnd Form Is On Sale...check Here 4 Info / 2014/2015 DELSU Post- UTME Guidelines –call_08148004245 / Which Nigerian University Should I Enrol For A Masters Degree In Mech Engr?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.