Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,133 members, 7,953,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:26 PM

What Kind Of Sleep/dream Is This??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Kind Of Sleep/dream Is This??? (482 Views)

Help! I Don't Dream...is It Normal? / What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? / What Kind Of Tree Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Sleep/dream Is This??? by JustCare: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
Some minutes ago I was enjoying the luxury of a siesta because we have finished our exams and my roomies has gone home, so I was the only one in the room! What I'm gonna narrate now is neither a lucid dream nor an ordinary dream. Having slept for about 40mins, I started struggling to wake up. First, I was seeing the current state of my room in a blurred vision, I couldn't help in opening my eyes completely...after a short struggle I was carried back to sleep again. This happened several times but the next stage which surprised me me...and was stamped in my memory is the stage where I struggled to sit up in my bed with the same blurred vision ...though this time around 'external' forces now played a major role in seeing me half awake, this alleged external force was characterised by an almost fruitless urge to join in whatever my roomies were discussing...I was now seeing them despite the fact they weren't present there. So when I was finally seated on the bed in that half sleep, half dream and almost half awake state, I contributed few sentences to the discussion while making sure my statement was sound...while doing this I also told them that they shouldn't mind my dizzy state because i was trying to wake up. I quickly felled into another round of sleep.
Again, I started struggling to wake after sleeping for like 10mins and finally this time I woke up!
That's my short weird sleeping experience ...what do I call this my people
matured comments please.
Re: What Kind Of Sleep/dream Is This??? by funshint(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
Google "Sleep paralysis"
Re: What Kind Of Sleep/dream Is This??? by JustCare: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
^^
below is the concept of sleep paralysis.
mine was somehow different ...I knew the meaning before asking though!

Sleep paralysisis a phenomenon in which people, either when fallingasleepor wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move. It is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscleatonia(muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening, and it is often associated with terrifying visions, such as an intruder in the room, to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed to be a result of disruptedREM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out theirdreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such asnarcolepsy,migraines,anxiety disorders, andobstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.[1][2]When linked to another disorder, sleep paralysis commonly occurs in association with the neurological sleep disordernarcolepsy.[2

culled from Wikipedia.

(1) (Reply)

FINALLY! Kefee Laid To Rest Amid Tears / Banned By Antispam Bot / Troops Recover And Return 218 Cows To Owners In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.