Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,971 members, 7,956,627 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:48 PM

How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? (3117 Views)

2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / My Room Mates Brother Sleeps In A Weird Way! Should I Be Worried? (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
That's the questions I need an answer to...
Am just a bit good in it.. Most time when i want to learn it,, i always get stuck. i always have that impression of "i can never get past this."
so please what are really necessary to be good in maths, even it necessary starting from bottom. Thanks
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by Eragablessen(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
Stop Fucking yourself... LoL..
But on a serious note dude. Get a further maths text and matrix or calculus. Apply for a tutor and by your efforts you've turned a Mathematician..
God help you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by emmyw(m): 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Simple Tips to Alleviate Math Anxiety
==>Understand the Cause of the Anxiety
Math anxiety is caused by
having a negative experience
associated with math at some
point―for many of us, more
than one. Everyone is capable
of understanding math, but all it takes is a single negative
association to wreck that
belief. If you suffer from
math anxiety, it's not because
you 'just don't have that kind
of brain', it's because, at some point, someone or something
shattered your confidence. It
actually becomes a self-
fulfilling prophecy. If you
think that you're bad at math, you will be bad at math. But the reverse is also true―if you work to restore your confidence, you'll have the ability to understand as much
math as you need to.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by emmyw(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
==>Start With the Basics
One of the biggest issues
behind math anxiety is a lack of mastery over the
fundamental principles. If your anxiety-inducing event happened as a young child, it is bound to stay with you in
your adult years as well. To get over it, brush up. Check out books from www.heroslodge.com or study online. Don't necessarily take a course―the idea is to make the situation low-
pressure, so you can fail
without consequence. Go all the way back to the
beginning―this means adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Doing exercises you know you can do without a struggle will build up your
confidence, and as you
progress through the levels, you'll be rebuilding the foundation that once
crumbled.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by emmyw(m): 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
==>Don't Give up So Easily
If you're taking a math class, failing does indeed have consequences, so it's important to get it right. Begin by preparing for the class in advance―the moment you register, start brushing up on the basics and whatever
concepts give you trouble. If you can get the instructor's
syllabus ahead of time, start looking over the material covered in class, so you don't feel blindsided when it's
covered. Ask questions during class. It's not a stupid question―if you need to ask it, it's guaranteed that there are a dozen other students in class who also don't understand, but are afraid to
ask. Take excellent notes and read them after class. Do all the required homework and recommended exercises at the recommended times. If you
still need help, get a tutor or a
study buddy from class.
The ability to excel at math is not inborn, and you absolutely can learn to feel comfortable with math through sheer hard work and
determination. So, try hard, start early, and give yourself permission to fail. You are worth more than your calculus grade, but proving to yourself that you can do it is
incredibly empowering.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
FuckYou: That's the questions I need an answer to...
Am just a bit good in it.. Most time when i want to learn it,, i always get stuck. i always have that impression of "i can never get past this."
so please what are really necessary to be good in maths, even it necessary starting from bottom. Thanks
make out time to study at least every day or so. get three different text books on mathematics and get yourself a very good tutor. that's it. maths is my fav by the way. good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by chuckvinz(m): 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
I really need help wit chemistry nd physics...dnt knw wat to do.i just cnt understand it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
dreyjacs:
make out time to study at least every day or so. get three different text books on mathematics and get yourself a very good tutor. that's it. maths is my fav by the way. good luck to you.
thanks
emmyw: ==>Don't Give up So Easily
If you're taking a math class, failing does indeed have consequences, so it's important to get it right. Begin by preparing for the class in advance―the moment you register, start brushing up on the basics and whatever
concepts give you trouble. If you can get the instructor's
syllabus ahead of time, start looking over the material covered in class, so you don't feel blindsided when it's
covered. Ask questions during class. It's not a stupid question―if you need to ask it, it's guaranteed that there are a dozen other students in class who also don't understand, but are afraid to
ask. Take excellent notes and read them after class. Do all the required homework and recommended exercises at the recommended times. If you
still need help, get a tutor or a
study buddy from class.
The ability to excel at math is not inborn, and you absolutely can learn to feel comfortable with math through sheer hard work and
determination. So, try hard, start early, and give yourself permission to fail. You are worth more than your calculus grade, but proving to yourself that you can do it is
incredibly empowering.
thank u so much.
Eragablessen: Stop Fucking yourself... LoL..
But on a serious note dude. Get a further maths text and matrix or calculus. Apply for a tutor and by your efforts you've turned a Mathematician..
God help you.
lol... What do u mean fucking myself?
Thanks anyway
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by Smartsyn(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mathematics happen to be my most dreaded subject back then in secondary school. Until I break my self from it's shackle. I started by buying materials and text books, then solving one topic every week, and asking questions and more questions..

I end up studying Mathematics Education in the higher institution and now prepping myself for Msc.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by yBNL1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
practice....practice....and more practice and also the belief that maths is making complicated things look simpler and not the other way round
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Smartsyn: Mathematics happen to be my most dreaded subject back then in secondary school. Until I break my self from it's shackle. I started by buying materials and text books, then solving one topic every week, and asking questions and more questions..

I end up studying Mathematics Education in the higher institution and now prepping myself for Msc.
ok thanks.
It means anybody can do it too
yBNL1: practice....practice....and more practice and also the belief that maths is making [b]complicated things look simpler [/b]and not the other way round
hmmm . I get it bro. @bolds
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by rkarang: 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
Which aspect of Math do you have problem in? Is it 1+3, 1-2--Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division, Measuration, Calculus etc?

Before one can proffer a lasting solution to your pro, one needs to know your actual/specific problem.

Let's know your pro, brother!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by Nastydroid(m): 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Eradicate fear and don't give up...my 2kobo

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by tammyboy1(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
F.uck you

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by maryannah(f): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Practice

Practice makes you perfect in maths.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by chimexcomm(m): 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mathematics is a very sweet subject only if you believe. First of all, remove all the fear you have for mathematics, even if you fail, always have that mindset that it is simple. Secondly. When the foundation of a building is not strong, the building will collapse. Mathematics is just like that if you dont have a good foundation, you might find it difficult along the line. The mathematics you solved in Nursey and primary school are the foundation for you to pass the secondary or tertiary mathematics, so you need to go back to the foundation.This might sound funny, but try it. Go and get all the Mathematics textbook for Primary one to Primary Six. I am serious. Study them one after the other, solve all the exercise even if they look simple. After that get JSS1 maths textbook and also continue from there. Try different textbooks too. There are different methods of teaching mathematics which will still land you at the final answer, find the method that fits you from the different textbook. If you can be humble enough to do this, You will never fail mathematics in your life again. Lastly, PRACTICE. If you leave mathematics for 2 days it will leave you for 4 days. Solving exercise gives you opportunity to answer questions in differnt ways and in many pattern. I teach mathematics and this have worked for my students that find mathematics difficult. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
rkarang: Which aspect of Math do you have problem in? Is it 1+3, 1-2--Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division, Measuration, Calculus etc?

Before one can proffer a lasting solution to your pro, one needs to know your actual/specific problem.

Let's know your pro, brother!
am only good in Equation,algebra, but geometry and other am bad. So am 2/10 good in maths if am to say
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
tammyboy1: F.uck you
lol
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
maryannah: Practice

Practice makes you perfect in maths.
no doubt.
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by FuckYou: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
chimexcomm: Mathematics is a very sweet subject only if you believe. First of all, remove all the fear you have for mathematics, even if you fail, always have that mindset that it is simple. Secondly. When the foundation of a building is not strong, the building will collapse. Mathematics is just like that if you dont have a good foundation, you might find it difficult along the line. The mathematics you solved in Nursey and primary school are the foundation for you to pass the secondary or tertiary mathematics, so you need to go back to the foundation.This might sound funny, but try it. Go and get all the Mathematics textbook for Primary one to Primary Six. I am serious. Study them one after the other, solve all the exercise even if they look simple. After that get JSS1 maths textbook and also continue from there. Try different textbooks too. There are different methods of teaching mathematics which will still land you at the final answer, find the method that fits you from the different textbook. If you can be humble enough to do this, You will never fail mathematics in your life again. Lastly, PRACTICE. If you leave mathematics for 2 days it will leave you for 4 days. Solving exercise gives you opportunity to answer questions in differnt ways and in many pattern. I teach mathematics and this have worked for my students that find mathematics difficult. Thanks
hmmm. I see d truth now thank u very very much
Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by chimexcomm(m): 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
FuckYou: hmmm. I see d truth now thank u very very much

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Very Good In Mathematics? by markperson: 7:24am On Apr 16, 2020
Hi,

I you want to test your math IQ then try the [url]rsmstudentportal.com[/url] math this math book is really hard and if you guyz learn this math then you are good in all of the math book

(1) (Reply)

Jamb 2015/2016 Exam This Year Latest School Updates / Clarification On Recent Media Announcement By Nuc On Nti’s Pgde And B.a.ed/b.sc. / Top Grooviest University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.