Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:58 AM

From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? (561 Views)

10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" / DR Sign Fireman Lying On Top Of A Married Woman On The Alter: End Of The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? by chigodo(m): 6:28am On Jul 13, 2014
That awkward moment when the pastor mounts the pulpit and promises that time is already fast spent and as a result he's not gonna take more than 15minutes for his preaching but 45minutes down the time he's still on it. Can we call it a holy lie or that he was overtaken by the spirit?......I thought the spirit is subject to the prophet.
Re: From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? by DjAndroid: 6:33am On Jul 13, 2014
lol. I was travelling with a pastor one day, his phone rang, he picked up and told the caller to call back in 30mins that he was in a meeting with the governor.
I wonder how we will make heaven.

4 Likes

Re: From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? by chigodo(m): 6:41am On Jul 13, 2014
DjAndroid: lol. I was travelling with a pastor one day, his phone rang, he picked up and told the caller to call back in 30mins that he was in a meeting with the governor.
I wonder how we will make heaven.
. Lol....that's even the most annoying part,when a passenger stands up in a bus especially a bus embarking on a long journey and he says brethren within the next 5mins I want us to pray and commit this journey into the hands of God and trust me,in the next 30mins its still just praise and worship,the preaching its self has not even started,to me I see it as the same thing with the politicians' promise and fail.
Re: From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? by Tallesty1(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2014
Those are Christian lies grin

1 Like

Re: From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2014
"HOLY LIES"

1 Like

Re: From 15minutes To 45minutes Is It Not Lying From The Alter? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2014
My people perish for lack of knowledge

As someone who has been in the lucrative pastoral business for some time, I can categorically tell you it's never the pastors wish to spend more than the 15 minutes he requested for.

It's just that, sometimes when you mount the pulpit, the holy spirit takes over and you lose control. You try so hard not to talk but the holy spirit says no.

You will agree with me that there are times when the pastor spends less time than he requested for.

It all depends on the mood of the holy spirit. If he/she/it is in a good mood, all good. If not, you can expect to spend two hours when the pastor promised just 15 minutes.

Stay blessed and God bless.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

True Beauty / Chicago A Top Terror Target; Ominous Tweet connects ISIS Threat In City / Someone Said Admiring Ladies Is Lusting After Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.