Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Where Is Sky B Now. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Is Sky B Now. (1768 Views)

Where Is Sky B? / Brand New, Sky B Ft Timaya- Come N See / "sky B" Nominated Best Nigerian Rapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Sky B Now. by Chukwudi718(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sky B. This 9ja guy made name for his self in 2007 with his debut album "Pray For Me" which sold nearly 1 miliion CD copies minus pirated copies, what really made that album tick was the hit track "I"m Calling" which made 9ja especially the Eastern part of Nigeria sit up! And go "gaga". The other tracks where hits also, some done with slow emotion laden beats and some done with what was considered party beats back then, although compared to now, those party beats are outdated can't match the current one produced now.
Based in Portharcourt Nigeria's Sky B was famous for how he mixes great vocals with local flavour producing a genre of Hip hop which we havn't seen of recent. Not even the likes of Baby oku crowner Flavour and 9ice can match him on that, the guy was so talented that people started grading him on par with the likes of P.square and 2face(both of them seniors).

Year 2008 Sky B was tipped to become a long time member of Nigeria's music industry, as bright and young as he is many expected him to become one of the pillars of 9ja music, as he was in the same form with Alingo crowners the group known as P.square, Ihe na eme artist 2face and the 9ja beef master Ruggedman not forgetting Idris. For a promising talent who burst into limelight to vanish like that is beyond comprehension, how many current Naija artist made it into limelight on their first try? Only two I know of Timaya and Sky B, Timaya with his first Album, that hit 1 million copies sold since then he havn't looked back..BT fastfarword to today Sky B has just dissaperead.
Anybody heard of him??
Re: Where Is Sky B Now. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
the guy seems to have vanished into oblivion, i used to play that song "I'M CALLING" on repeat mode. i wonder what happened to him.
I think, like the Styl Plus guys, the overwhelming success of the first album might have made him discouraged in releasing other potential albums, probably seeing them as "not good enuff" or below standard. In other words, his he might have failed by setting the bar too high for himself with his first album...
Re: Where Is Sky B Now. by Chukwudi718(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Justosaus: the guy seems to have vanished into oblivion, i used to play that song "I'M CALLING" on repeat mode. i wonder what happened to him.
I think, like the Styl Plus guys, the overwhelming success of the first album might have made him discouraged in releasing other potential albums, probably seeing them as "not good enuff" or below standard. In other words, his he might have failed by setting the bar too high for himself with his first album...
yeah...maybe cos I used to rock there songs...I could sing it from beginning to end,But style plus are even more around d corner than Sky-b...

(1) (Reply)

Download Topboiii Feat Mr Fresh20 Balling / DOWNLOAD: Naira Marley X Zlatan – Am I A Yahoo Boy / Download MP3: Olamide Eru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.