Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,817 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

Question About Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Question About Passport (885 Views)

Ask Me Any Question About Warri! ;D / Latest Question About Uk Passport / Quick Question About Uk Visa Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
Asking on behalf of a friend.

A friend of mine just got his residency on his real name and his real date of birth.

He left Nigeria in 2008 with a different date of birth and different name on the E-passport but he did not use the datails apply for residency, but he used his real date of birth and real names, and he now got his residency in 2014.

Now, he's having a problem how he will obtain a new E-passport on his real name and his real date of birth because the immigration told him to go and get a passport to have his residency stamped on it as he only have the written residency for now.

He is scared of going to Nigeria embassy to explain to them.. Please those who has been in this type of situation before, what is the best solution to this? Will the Immigration withdraw their residency back from him since he can't provide passport or what? How can he get a new passport?

Thank you
Re: Question About Passport by justwise(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2014
dotcomnamename: Asking on behalf of a friend.

A friend of mine just got his residency on his real name and his real date of birth.

He left Nigeria in 2008 with a different date of birth and different name on the E-passport but he did not use the datails apply for residency, but he used his real date of birth and real names, and he now got his residency in 2014.

Now, he's having a problem how he will obtain a new E-passport on his real name and his real date of birth because the immigration told him to go and get a passport to have his residency stamped on it as he only have the written residency for now.

He is scared of going to Nigeria embassy to explain to them.. Please those who has been in this type of situation before, what is the best solution to this? Will the Immigration withdraw their residency back from him since he can't provide passport or what? How can he get a new passport?

Thank you

How did he get residency without submitting his passport during the application?
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
justwise:

How did he get residency without submitting his passport during the application?

Justwise thank you for your question, he got a leave to remain on humanitarian ground through the asylum system.
Re: Question About Passport by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Justwise thank you for your question, he got a leave to remain on humanitarian ground through the asylum system.

Ok, but he got no choice other than to visit Nigerian embassy to explain himself, though its going to be a tough one. They would want to know why he used another ID to enter the UK and decided to change to another ID.
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
justwise:

Ok, but he got no choice other than to visit Nigerian embassy to explain himself, though its going to be a tough one. They would want to know why he used another ID to enter the UK and decided to change to another ID.

Thank you justwise God bless, that was exactly what i told him too, but he's scared of explaining himself to the Nigerian embassy. According to him, it was the person that secure visa for him from nigeria that used different name and different date of birth to obtain the e-passport for him at first because he said the person said he can only secure a visa for him with different name and different date of birth, and when he arrive in the country where he seek asylum he told them the truth his real name and real date of birth and he has been using his real details which they now gave him leave to remain on. Now, what do you think is the worst thing the Nigerian embassy could do to him if he go there and explain himself to them about this? And secondly do you think it is advisable for him to let his solicitor handle this by contacting the Nigerian embassy on his behalf to explain the situation to them?

Thirdly, do you think Nigerian embassy can issue him a new passport on his real name and real date of birth if they eventually know that he has obtained one passport before on different name and different date of birth?

Lastly, do you think the Nigerian embassy have the right and opportunity to issue him a new passport on his real name and his real date of birth if they know that he has obtained one passport before on different name and different date of birth, because we have been hearing from different people that he must go to Abuja to sort this out.?

Thank you
Re: Question About Passport by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Thank you justwise God bless, that was exactly what i told him too, but he's scared of explaining himself to the Nigerian embassy. According to him, it was the person that secure visa for him from nigeria that used different name and different date of birth to obtain the e-passport for him at first because he said the person said he can only secure a visa for him with different name and different date of birth, and when he arrive in the country where he seek asylum he told them the truth his real name and real date of birth and he has been using his real details which they now gave him leave to remain on. Now, what do you think is the worst thing the Nigerian embassy could do to him if he go there and explain himself to them about this? And secondly do you think it is advisable for him to let his solicitor handle this by contacting the Nigerian embassy on his behalf to explain the situation to them?

Thirdly, do you think Nigerian embassy can issue him a new passport on his real name and real date of birth if they eventually know that he has obtained one passport before on different name and different date of birth?

Lastly, do you think the Nigerian embassy have the right and opportunity to issue him a new passport on his real name and his real date of birth if they know that he has obtained one passport before on different name and different date of birth, because we have been hearing from different people that he must go to Abuja to sort this out.?

Thank you

He can't run away from the issue, there is no point using a lawyer, he should visit Nigerian embassy to speak to somebody and start dealing with the issue. Nigerian embassy can issue him a new passport however, this is not a straight forward case.

Does he have documents like educational certificates, birth certificate and bank accounts in his real name in Nigeria before he left?
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
justwise:

He can't run away from the issue, there is no point using a lawyer, he should visit Nigerian embassy to speak to somebody and start dealing with the issue. Nigerian embassy can issue him a new passport however, this is not a straight forward case.

Does he have documents like educational certificate, birth certificates and bank accounts in his real name in Nigeria before he left?

Yes he has all those documents in his real name and date of birth.
Re: Question About Passport by justwise(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Yes he has all those documents in his real name and date of birth.

He should go to Nigerian embassy with those documents, he need to book appointment before going. If he is asked to travel to Nigeria to do it then there is nothing wrong with that. It can only be done in Abuja, he needs to go with that passport, those documents and the ILR card to immigration there to sort it out.
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
justwise:

He should go to Nigerian embassy with those documents, he need to book appointment before going. If he is asked to travel to Nigeria to do it then there is nothing wrong with that. It can only be done in Abuja, he needs to go with that passport, those documents and the ILR card to immigration there to sort it out.

Ok i understand now, but if he is asked to travel to Nigeria to do the new passport there on his real name and date of birth, how is he going to travel to Nigeria? because the passport is not with him and it has even expired since then. I wonder how he will go out of the country to Nigeria to do a new passport in Abuja?
Re: Question About Passport by justwise(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Ok i understand now, but if he is asked to travel to Nigeria to do the new passport there on his real name and date of birth, how is he going to travel to Nigeria? because the passport is not with him and it has even expired since then. I wonder how he will go out of the country to Nigeria to do a new passport in Abuja?

He can get TC from Nigerian embassy to enable him travel to Nigeria and come back with his ILR card
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
justwise:

He can get TC from Nigerian embassy to enable him travel to Nigeria and come back with his ILR card

Ok, do you think the Nigerian embassy can issue the TC on his real name and dob? or the wrong name and dob?
Re: Question About Passport by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Ok, do you think the Nigerian embassy can issue the TC on his real name and dob? or the wrong name and dob?

That i don't know. He needs to visit them to make that inquiry
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
justwise:

That i don't know. He needs to visit them to make that inquiry

Ok, thanks
Re: Question About Passport by worry359(m): 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
We should not condone this
BUT

If he has some CASH money in his pocket when he goes to Abuja it "might" oil the wheels. shocked
DO NOT try this in the UK!
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
worry359: We should not condone this
BUT

If he has some CASH money in his pocket when he goes to Abuja it "might" oil the wheels. shocked
DO NOT try this in the UK!

What do you mean please? How? Be more explanatory.
Re: Question About Passport by worry359(m): 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
dotcomnamename:

What do you mean please? How? Be more explanatory.

If you do not understand
Please forget that I mentioned it. cool
Re: Question About Passport by dotcomnamename: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
worry359:

If you do not understand
Please forget that I mentioned it. cool

OK

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help To Change name and dob In My Nigeria Passport! / How Aero Contractors Treated A Nairalander Shabbily(must READ) / Giving Birth In The US With Visiting Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.