Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions (1539 Views)

Please Help On My Highlander 2004...see Scan Result Inside / Toyota Rav4 2001-2003 Ecm/ecu And Transmission Failure With Solutions / My Toyota Camry Scan Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by tolaolu: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
i Noticed somethings with my '05 Corolla.
1. it vertebrates in traffic and always have to put the gear in Park or N
2. After my last Service ( May) noticed that oil is always on the floor each morning and the engine oil is reducing at an usual rate ( i never used to top it, just the periodic oil change during servicing)
3. I ALWAYS use my AC each time i park i notice water dripping my under the car. though it stops after some mins
4. took it for a scan after i noticed the above things and only 1 code came out. P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (bank 1)

what are the solutions to this my issues.
Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
For the vibration, clean throttle body.

For the leak "engine oil" check car on a pit but my guess is the large seal on the crankshaft close to gearbox.

For the scan code. You either have a leaking exaust or an old catalyst.

Catalitic converters treated here: https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753

For the water from the a.c that's normal.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by mayor2013: 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Now a quick question here

1) does it vibrates when you use your Ac or when your Ac is off?

2) do you have any type of smoke coming out of the exhaust either blueish in colour?

Now am going to answer your question according to the way you have explained your car problem. If it vibrates wiht the Ac on ask your mechanic to inspect your idle control system. It can be serviced. If it vibrates without Ac on ask mechanic to inspect your engine mounts. You should have 4 on it

Ask for the oil lekage ask your mechanic to trace where the oil Leak Is coming from.

As for water dripping underneath the car when you use your Ac it is very normal

As for the code you noticed it means your catalyst is going bad and there are many reasons why the scanner picked up that

1) a leaking exhaust could throw up that code

2) a shaking or not properly mounted exhaust

3) finally a bad catalytic converter

4) a faulty bank 1 sensor 2 02 sensor cld throw up that code

Finally you need to run a comprehensive scanning on your car. So as to pick up all modules of that car. With your highlighted problem I dont think you should have only that code. Fear enough the ECU might not register some other codes on it but still go ahead to run a comprehensive scan. My 5cents grin
Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by tolaolu: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
GAZZUZZ: For the vibration, clean throttle body.

For the leak "engine oil" check car on a pit but my guess is the large seal on the crankshaft close to gearbox.

Catalitic converters treated here: https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753

thanks very much as regards the oil leakage. would there be a need to change the Seal.
Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by tolaolu: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
mayor2013: Now a quick question here

1) does it vibrates when you use your Ac or when your Ac is off?

2) do you have any type of smoke coming out of the exhaust either blueish in colour?

Now am going to answer your question according to the way you have explained your car problem. If it vibrates wiht the Ac on ask your mechanic to inspect your idle control system. It can be serviced. If it vibrates without Ac on ask mechanic to inspect your engine mounts. You should have 4 on it

Ask for the oil lekage ask your mechanic to trace where the oil Leak Is coming from.

As for water dripping underneath the car when you use your Ac it is very normal

As for the code you noticed it means your catalyst is going bad and there are many reasons why the scanner picked up that

1) a leaking exhaust could throw up that code

2) a shaking or not properly mounted exhaust

3) finally a bad catalytic converter

4) a faulty bank 1 sensor 2 02 sensor cld throw up that code

Finally you need to run a comprehensive scanning on your car. So as to pick up all modules of that car. With your highlighted problem I dont think you should have only that code. Fear enough the ECU might not register some other codes on it but still go ahead to run a comprehensive scan. My 5cents grin
thanks very much.
thought the car vibrates whether the AC is on or not.
from the 4 list possibility how do i determine which is the main cause.
the scan was done yesterday on all modules in the car. even questioned the mechanic as regards the results
Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by mayor2013: 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
You have to check all to be 100% sure
Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
tolaolu:
thanks very much as regards the oil leakage. would there be a need to change the Seal.

Visual inspection b4 deciding, that's y I said use a pit or raise the car up so u can see the source of the leak.
Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by tolaolu: 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
GAZZUZZ: For the vibration, clean throttle body.

as regards the oil spill you were right its the seal. however the mechanic says the only way of fixing it is to remove the engine. do i all him.
the Check engine light on the car went off today after the Kick was serviced
Re: Toyota Corolla Scan Result- Need Help With Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
tolaolu:

as regards the oil spill you were right its the seal. however the mechanic says the only way of fixing it is to remove the engine. do i all him.
the Check engine light on the car went off today after the Kick was serviced

Check light went off cause the battery was disconnected to work on the starter motor.

Yes you have to remove the engine to replace the large seal near the transsmission.

(1) (Reply)

Enquiry On Mercedes Benz C190 1999 / WTB: SR20DET / Corpse Hijacks A Vehicle Conveying It In Benin (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.