Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

Messi Blames Argentina Strikers Forworld Cup Final Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Blames Argentina Strikers Forworld Cup Final Defeat (671 Views)

Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) / Germans Demand Killing Of Octopus Paul After Wc Semi-final Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Messi Blames Argentina Strikers Forworld Cup Final Defeat by favouryemmy: 9:09am On Jul 14, 2014
Argentina captain Lionel Messi, has blamed the
strikers in their team, after they lost 1-0 in the final
of the World Cup to Brazil.
The 27-year-old had little or no chances to impose
himself on the game, but Gonzalo Higuain and
Rodrigo Palacio missed two decent chances to give
the South Americans the lead in the match.
Mario Gotze then scored a brilliant goal deep into
extra time, to crown Germany as the new world
champions.
“We haven’t been in the semi-finals for many years
and the fact that we played the final and the way
we played it it’s something to be proud of,” Messi
said after the game.
“But we deserved more and that’s why we are sad.
The strikers missed the chances we had. It’s a bad
feeling for all of us because we couldn’t win the cup
and take it to our people.
“It’s painful to lose it by so little. We were very
close of a big change for this national team but we
couldn’t finish it.”
The Argentines qualified for the finals, after defeating
Holland on penalties and although Messi insisted
they were in good physical shape, he admitted that
playing for 120 minutes a day after Germany beat
Brazil, was also a deciding factor.
“I was OK physically as were the rest of us,” he
added.
“The fact that we played a day after them and that
we played extra-time against a team that was able
to rest in the last minutes of their semi-finals
affected our finish of the game.
“A difference of one day is big at this stage.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/07/14/messi-blames-argentina-strikers-world-cup-final-defeat/

In my opinion, Messi na slow poison. That's why I prefer Ronaldo to him anytime anyday.
Re: Messi Blames Argentina Strikers Forworld Cup Final Defeat by yorex2011: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2014
^^^^ really dunno wat u mean by slow poison... Well i guess dats why he got to d finals and ronaldo crashed out at group stage.. One man doesn't make a team but in terms of impact.. Messi does more of that than ronaldo
Re: Messi Blames Argentina Strikers Forworld Cup Final Defeat by favouryemmy: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
yorex2011: ^^^^ really dunno wat u mean by slow poison... Well i guess dats why he got to d finals and ronaldo crashed out at group stage.. One man doesn't make a team but in terms of impact.. Messi does more of that than ronaldo

I meant that because its on record that when things dont go well sometimes he takes it out on his team mates. He has beaten some of his team mates at Barcelona before. There was no much noise about those incidences because, its Messi. Even though he a quiet person but he believe when his team loses, hes never to blame.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Magician Dynamo Predicted Germany's Win One Month Before The Match / Kelechi Iheanacho Has Scored On His Debut For Man City / South Africa Names Mashaba As Bafana Bafana Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.