Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Anyone In Nigeria Playing Ingress? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Anyone In Nigeria Playing Ingress? (1405 Views)

My Ps2 Isn't Playing Pirated Cds, What Do I Do? / Playing 'Winning Eleven' Online / Downloadable Monopoly Game for Playing on my PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anyone In Nigeria Playing Ingress? by donima4u: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ingress is a new game available on android and ios. Its a pretty cool reality game. If you are playing in nigeria and know the location of portals on here. Please post these details for the rest of us to enjoy...Thanks!

About Ingress from wikipedia

Ingress is a near-real time augmented reality[4] massively multiplayer online pervasive game created by Niantic Labs, a startup within Google, originally for Android devices,[5] and since the 14th July 2014 for Apple's iOS.[3] The game has a complex science fiction back story with a continuous open narrative.[6][7]

The gameplay consists of establishing "portals" at places of public art, landmarks, cenotaphs, etc., and linking them to create virtual triangular fields over geographic areas. Progress in the game is measured by the number of Mind Units, i.e. people, nominally controlled by each faction (as illustrated on the Intel Map).[8][9] The necessary links between portals may range from meters to kilometers, or to hundreds of kilometers in operations of considerable logistical complexity.[10] International links and fields are not uncommon, as Ingress has attracted an enthusiastic following in cities worldwide[11] amongst both young and old,[12] to the extent that the gameplay is itself a lifestyle for some, including tattoos.[2]
Re: Anyone In Nigeria Playing Ingress? by namelesss: 12:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Yea man! I've tryd playing the game but it keep telling me I can't use my ID to play the game... Does it work in Nigeria?
Re: Anyone In Nigeria Playing Ingress? by saraip: 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hey, so I don't know if you are still following this thread but... I've started creating a webseries to try to promote Ingress in Africa... I figured maybe being able to see things in this way will make people a bit more interested in the game? I don't know... but I feel like I have to do *something*! grin
Here is the intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o58kqurEJ84
Let me know what you guys think, and if you know someone who might be interested in playing, please do feel free to share! The channel is not monetised or anything, I honestly just want to raise awareness...

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elite Book 6930p Gaming Section / We Buy Car Battery, Motor Battery, Trailer Battery, Dry Cell, Wet Cell, Inverter / Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.