Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,362 members, 7,860,993 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today (853 Views)

Politics: Egypt May Hand Away 2017 Nations Cup Ticket (full Story) / Nations Cup 2017: Egypt May Hand Nigeria The Ticket! / Nigeria Fails To Qualify For African Nation's Cup For The Second Time Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today by damilare442: 4:16am On Jul 15, 2014
World football governing body FIFA might eventually place Nigeria on a bigger ban today if the sacked executive members of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) are not brought back.

Last week FIFA placed Nigeria on an indefinite suspension,giving the country a seven-day grace to bring back the executives of the NFF led by Aminu Maigari to their positions.

A court ruling in Jos sacked Maigari and his executives,and mandated the sports minister Tamuno Danagogo to appoint a sole administration for the NFF.

But FIFA sensing a government interference warned Nigeria,giving the country a week’s grace to ratify the situation.

A government delegation was in Brazil last week to meet with FIFA,insisting that the government did not meddle in the ouster of the sacked the NFF executives.

It was being hoped that the court would have upturned the suit today(Monday) but the strike actions of judiciary workers has frustrated the efforts.

“It’s a frustrating scenario because of the ongoing strike,” an official was quoted as saying on BBC Sport

“There was no court sitting on the original date of hearing [11 July] which has stalled efforts. But the minister is hoping it will be resolved before the deadline.”

“The minister is waiting for feedback from the delegation to Brazil. He needs that before approaching the president who is also waiting for a brief and update,” he added.

It is left to be seen what will become of FIFA’s decision on Tuesday,whether there could be an extension to allow the court to sit.

What is evident is that time is against Nigeria,and the female Under-20 team,the Falconets are in danger of missing the Women’s World Cup in Canada.

http://kaybaba.com/mtn-project-fame-west-africa-season-7-meet-melvin-one-best-contestant/

Re: Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 15, 2014
When common sense fails - Nigeria In deep shit_
Re: Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today by luvfootball: 6:18am On Jul 15, 2014
I am hoping that the Nigerian government will make this situation right. It would be incredibly unfair to make the falconets pay the price of their rash decisions. These girls deserve to be playing at the U20 Women's World Cup in Canada.
Re: Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 15, 2014
To be honest if we miss the women World Cup so be it

I wish Nigeria takes FIFA to court of arbitration for sports rather than succumb to cheap bullying by FIFA

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today by chimzyblack(m): 6:46am On Jul 15, 2014
I HEARD THAT THE DEADLINE DATE HAS BEEN EXTENTED BY FIFA TO THE 17TH OF JULY. SO WE STILL GOT TIME TO DO THE NEEDFUL

1 Like

Re: Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today by enomakos(m): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2014
[quote
author=damilare442]World football governing body FIFA might eventually
place Nigeria on a bigger ban today if the sacked executive members of
the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) are not brought back.

Last week FIFA placed Nigeria on an indefinite suspension,giving the
country a seven-day grace to bring back the executives of the NFF led by
Aminu Maigari to their positions.

A court ruling in Jos sacked Maigari and his executives,and mandated the
sports minister Tamuno Danagogo to appoint a sole administration for
the NFF.

But FIFA sensing a government interference warned Nigeria,giving the
country a week’s grace to ratify the situation.

A government delegation was in Brazil last week to meet with
FIFA,insisting that the government did not meddle in the ouster of the
sacked the NFF executives.

It was being hoped that the court would have upturned the suit
today(Monday) but the strike actions of judiciary workers has frustrated
the efforts.

“It’s a frustrating scenario because of the ongoing strike,” an official
was quoted as saying on BBC Sport

“There was no court sitting on the original date of hearing [11 July]
which has stalled efforts. But the minister is hoping it will be
resolved before the deadline.”

“The minister is waiting for feedback from the delegation to Brazil. He
needs that before approaching the president who is also waiting for a
brief and update,” he added.

It is left to be seen what will become of FIFA’s decision on
Tuesday,whether there could be an extension to allow the court to sit.

What is evident is that time is against Nigeria,and the female Under-20
team,the Falconets are in danger of missing the Women’s World Cup in
Canada.

http://kaybaba.com/mtn-project-fame-west-africa-season-7-meet-melvin-one-best-contestant/[/quote]

i am not concern about the falconet all i am concern is about the golden eaglet who hads a qualifier game to play in congo this weekend
Re: Time Running Out: FIFA May Hand Nigeria A Bigger Ban Today by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2014
FiFA should Go n Die; I don't know what is wrong with that senile blatter n his excos, it seem they just enjoi being foolish; what's d thing with FiFaa n being bullys; seem they just enjoi the corruption already dwindling Naija ;
How can a corrupt official, be ousted bby a competent court of law;with apt juridiction on glaring corruption charges, n is being investigated. Be orderd to upturn their judgement for foolish n sentimental reasons dat hold no water; fever (abi Fifa) or whatever they call their selves re obviously eating more dan dey can chew; this is a clear case of standing above the law of equity and fair justice.m..
Left with me; the govt. Should just allow dem do their worse; n tek them to court ; I'm damn sure the case will be won by the FG; n they 'll be ordered to pay fine thru their noses ... Nonsense foolish fifa
Infact should d FG fail to toe this line; I'll personally ensure I tek fifa to court; they re not above d law.... (For their (fifa) own interest they better settle this amicably else they face paying tru their noses)... Nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Fire Guts NFF Office PICTURE / Saturday 6th September 2014 Soccer Prediction / Manutd Fans Racially Abuse Mario Balloteli For Jeering At Manutd Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.