Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Demba Ba Off To Besiktas - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Demba Ba Off To Besiktas (908 Views)

Mikel Obi Set For January Move To Besiktas / Arsenal To Face Besiktas In UCL Playoff / Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by snadguy007(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
Demba Ba has been given the No 9 shirt by his new club Besiktas after completing a move from Chelsea for a fee of around £8million.
The striker flew to Istanbul on Tuesday morning, before being unveiled by the Turkish giants in the afternoon.
The 29-year-old tweeted a message in Turkish saying, 'I'm here @Besiktas!', and shortly after he was unveiled with the club's No 9 shirt.
'The interest shown by the fans and the new stadium project won me over,' said the Senegalese striker.
'I'm very happy to be here, all that is left is a few formalities, I will undergo a medical and sign the contract.
'I am excited to be here and can't wait to start playing.
'I want to showcase my talent to the fans as soon as possible, this is a huge club and I want to become a part of it.
'I want to thank the fans for their warm welcome and I am sure we are going to establish a great relationship.'
Besiktas president Fikret Orman gave Ba a tour of Besiktas' new stadium project.
'Ba is a player we all believe in, we put in a lot of time and effort to complete the transfer to the best of our interests,' Orman said.
'The transfer is within our budget and we are delighted to have completed the move.'
Orman confirmed on Monday that the club had negotiated a deal for Ba for slightly lower than Chelsea's £10million asking price.
Ba looked destined to leave Stamford Bridge after a season spent as third-choice striker behind Samuel Eto'o and Fernando Torres, and with Diego Costa's £32million arrival imminent.
Ba spent much of last season as Chelsea's third choice option up front but had a decent end to the season, scoring game-winning goals against Paris St Germain, Swansea and Liverpool.
Chelsea signed Ba from Newcastle for £7million in January 2013. He also spent time at West Ham and Hoffenheim before moving to Stamford Bridge.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2694288/Demba-Ba-tweets-Im-Besiktas-Chelsea-striker-lands-Turkey-complete-move.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Re: Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by RoyalRoy(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
Chelsea..... killing talents since 1807

1 Like

Re: Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
RoyalRoy: Chelsea..... killing talents since 1807
Mikel is next to be off-loaded.
Re: Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by Danhumprey: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Exactly! T'is the reason why I hate Chelshit so much!
Re: Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
Danhumprey: Exactly! T'is the reason why I hate Chelshit so much!
Mr.Man I like you but if you say that again I will...
Re: Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by Danhumprey: 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nobleval: Mr.Man I like you but if you say that again I will...
Everyone to his opinion/choice.tongue
Re: Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by snadguy007(m): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2014

Will only agree if you are not a man utd fan
Re: Demba Ba Off To Besiktas by RoyalRoy(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
snadguy007:

Will only agree if you are not a man utd fan

Lol.... its a well known fact.... I dont have to be a Man U fan for this to be valid. tonguetonguetongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Prevent A Black Man From Entering Train With Them / Couple Have Sex At The Centre Of A Football Pitch / Fixed Match Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.