Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee (1015 Views)

Chelsea Ready To Sell Mikel Obi / Chelsea Set To Offload Mikel / Why Yaya Toure Prevailed Over Mikel Obi At CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by Emulti(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
Latest news coming in from England suggest that Chelsea football club has allegedly decided to offload Nigeria’s John Obi Mikel. According to Tuttomercatoweb, Mikel, who managed just 11 Premier League starts for the Blues as he found surplus to requirement after the arrival ofNemanja Matic in January, has been offered to several of big clubs for no more than £4.7 million.
It was gathered that Chelsea took the decision after the management of the club decided not to invest.This latest development is coming after the London Evening Standard claimed last week that Chelsea are actively looking to offload the midfielder.
John Mikel Obi Faces Chelsea’s ExitWith thearrival of Cesc Fabregas at the West London outfit last monthto add furthercompetition in the centre of thepark, with a departure increasingly likely for the 27-year-old.Mikel, who has been with Chelsea since 2006, has been linked with moves to Spain, Turkey and Italy over the past six months, though concrete interest has appeared hard to come by.
Football transfers analysts are already saying if £4.7 million is the genuine figure Chelsea are willing to accept for Mikel, it represents a strikingly firm desire to get him off the club’s books given the relatively smallsum.
Mikel against Iran at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in BrazilOthers believe it may be that the Blues are keen to be freed of Mikel’s £75,000 per week wages.Mikel’s deal with Blues does not run out until the summer of 2017, but Jose Mourinho appears to have lost faith in theplayer and is eager to offload him to create space and raise more funds for new acquisition.It is reported that lack of interest in the 27-year-old has forced the club to reduce their asking price for the player who had an unimpressive outing at the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil.

The Nigeria international gave a good account of himself at the World Cup in Brazil, and the Blues will foreseeably be hoping sides outside of Serie A took enough notice to come forward for Mikel’s services.Some weeks ago, it was reported that Inter Milan of Italy is interested in bringing Mikel to the Serie A.With the reduced asking price Chelsea has reportedly placed on the midfielder, it may not be too long before suitors would come for Mikel.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by Danhumprey: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
They want to offload him at all cost. It's obvious he has become a liability. Smh for Mikel.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by Caleboha(m): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Now this is very unfair. Mikel was denied african player of the year award despite his incredible pace and movements with the ball as well as goal scoring prowess. His stamina, composure and flair on the pitch is yet unmatched by any african player. Im not saying this because he is my fellow igbo brother, but because its the truth. Chelsea can never ridicle my beloved Mikel just when he's being considered favourite for the ballon di or. This is another case of racism and failure to recognise african talents undecided undecided undecided
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by Sallychizzl3: 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
Caleboha: Now this is very unfair. Mikel was denied african player of the year award despite his incredible pace and movements with the ball as well as goal scoring prowess. His stamina, composure and flair on the pitch is yet unmatched by any african player. Im not saying this because he is my fellow igbo brother, but because its the truth. Chelsea can never ridicle my beloved Mikel just when he's being considered favourite for the ballon di or. This is another case of racism and failure to recognise african talents undecided undecided undecided

Roflmao
*falls inside gutter* grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by Ublaize: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Caleboha: Now this is very unfair. Mikel was denied african player of the year award despite his incredible pace and movements with the ball as well as goal scoring prowess. His stamina, composure and flair on the pitch is yet unmatched by any african player. Im not saying this because he is my fellow igbo brother, but because its the truth. Chelsea can never ridicle my beloved Mikel just when he's being considered favourite for the ballon di or. This is another case of racism and failure to recognise african talents undecided undecided undecided
Rubbish!!
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by InvisibleBride: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
BONANZA!! BONANZA!!!.....Mikel up for grabs... grin kiss
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by kokoA(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
He can comeback home if he wish.. Eyimba won't mind having him.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by aariwa(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
I said it here on nairaland that mikel's career would witness a downward spiral when i heard that he was dating that delta soap model sandra okagbue.All men who have slept with her in the past whom i know met financial ruin starting from late Anah the former LG charman,onwa chezkay,minaj,a popular musician around onitsha area etc,It may be coincidence,but i dont know.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by brownideye: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
aariwa: I said it here on nairaland that mikel's career would witness a downward spiral when i heard that he was dating that delta soap model sandra okagbue.All men who have slept with her in the past whom i know met financial ruin starting from late Anah the former LG charman,onwa chezkay,minaj,a popular musician around onitsha area etc,It may be coincidence,but i dont know.

grin grin
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by YoursGEJ(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
I want to buy am for #200 make him dey clean my shoe. Abi I no try?
Re: Chelsea Ready To Offload Mikel Obi At Reduced Fee by abatically(m): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
What is the big deal in offloading Mikel for £5m? Players lose form and become surplus to requirement, and sometimes clubs buy players at inflated fees. Mikel was a promising talent when Chelsea bought him but unfortunately he failed to improve. You people are just making a meal out of it because he is Nigerian. Mikel is not the first player to lose form or face an exodus.

Manchester united paid a total of £35m for Nani and Anderson but today both players are not worth more than £10 million collectively. They paid £17m for Ashley young but today he is not worth more than £5m. Liverpool bought Carroll for £35m but today he is not worth £10m. Chelsea paid £50m for Torres but trust me of they want to sell him today they won't get more than £15m. So how is mikel's case different?

(1) (Reply)

Diego Costa Highlight / Wenger: I Won’t Apologise To Mourinho / Man’u De Gea Agrees Madrid Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.