Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

For The New Mummies : Doctors Say DON'T Sleep Next To Your Baby! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / For The New Mummies : Doctors Say DON'T Sleep Next To Your Baby! (702 Views)

Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. / Woman Delivers Tortoise, Baby Girl; It’s A Hoax, Doctors Say / Doctors Say Marrow Transplant May Have Cured Aids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For The New Mummies : Doctors Say DON'T Sleep Next To Your Baby! by Mykel4God(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
According to a new study published just yesterday, guys, sleeping next to your baby puts them at a dangerously high risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome! Researchers found out that among the 8,207 sleep-related infant deaths in the past eight years in the U.S:
*.70per cent occurred in babies who were sharing a bed at the time, either with a parent or an object like a blanket or pillow.
*.And that the cause of death of infants between the ages of 4 months and 1 year was more likely to be related to blankets or stuffed animals. Pediatrician Rachel Moon, an author of the study, told the Huffington Post:
'Bed-sharing for 0 to four-month-old babies is extremely risky. Infants at this age do notyet have the motor ability or strength to move their head or reposition their body when in an asphyxiating environment, such as when another person rolls over or moves.'
Some parents tout the benefits of bed-sharing, that it strengthens the bond between you and your child. But Dr Moon says the dangers far outweigh the advantages:
'The risk of infant death if you fall asleep with your baby is high, particularly in the first few months of life. It is not a risk that I would want to take with my child.
I sha had my kids by my side all through. What's your experience, dearies?http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/07/for-new-mummies-in-da-house-doctors-say.html
Re: For The New Mummies : Doctors Say DON'T Sleep Next To Your Baby! by braine(m): 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Noted.
Re: For The New Mummies : Doctors Say DON'T Sleep Next To Your Baby! by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2014
Good one, I'm a registered pediatric nurse and I completely agree with you, thanks for sharing this vital information with the public smiley

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stopeating Instant Noodles / Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doc / Ebola Test Drug, Nano-silver, As Approved By Who(some Will Be So Tired To Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.