Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Murder Accused Who Allegedly Ate Man's Heart Is Denied Bail - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Murder Accused Who Allegedly Ate Man's Heart Is Denied Bail (533 Views)

Graphic Photo: Man Who Allegedly Stole / My Mum Cut My Hands After I Ate At A Party: 10-yr-old Boy(PHOTO) / Graphic: Woman Kills Man Who Allegedly Tried To Rape Her In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Murder Accused Who Allegedly Ate Man's Heart Is Denied Bail by Joeblazeochola(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
A Zimbabwean man accused of cutting out and eating man’s heart in South Africa has been refused bail. Police in Cape Town told Athlone Magistrate’s Court that the Andrew Chimboza (35) is a flight risk and a danger to society. “I do not want to say this has never happened in South Africa before but something like this is very rare,” investigating officer Sergeant Mpumelelo Yengwa said during Chimboza’s bail application. “It’s the first time in the nine years I’ve been in the police that I have heard of a person killing someone else, taking out their heart and eating it. “From the community’s side, what he has done is unacceptable to them… there would be nothing keeping him here because he has no property and no children.” The officer said he was opposing bail for fear residents would kill Chimboza, he could kill himself or endanger others. He said he believed the State had a strong case against the accused. He told the court Chimboza moved to Cape Town from Zimbabwe in 2009 and set up a window-tinting busines
“All the evidence points towards the accused because it was only him and the deceased in the house. The accused claims he was being attacked but there is nothing which shows he was being attacked.”
During an earlier hearing last Wednesday Chimboza said he stabbed Mbuyiselo Manona (62) in self-defence at the home of a female client on June 10.
He said the victim had become belligerent for no apparent reason and attacked him without warning.
He also denied eating Manona’s heart saying he got blood on his face from a gash to the head and Manona’s spurting wounds.
Magistrate Elizabeth Ellis said he was satisfied the evidence presented was enough to justify her decision to deny him bail.
Local residents expressed relief that bail was refused.
Chimboza is set to appear in court again in September.
Source: www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/donal-macintyre-s-crime-cafe/murder-accused-who-allegedly-ate-mans-heart-is-denied-bail

(1) (Reply)

Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno / Human Parts Syndicate Busted In Lagos / Gunmen Rob, Rape FRCN Trainingschool Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.