Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake (23455 Views)

PHOTOS: 20 Bags Of Groundnut For Sale / The Forgotten Groundnut Pyramids Of Northern Nigeria (Photos) / Groundnut Pyramid In Nigeria In 1970 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 17, 2014
Edible vegetable oil is oil produced from any of the edible oil bearing seeds that exist in nature.

Many of these seeds are produced in large quantities in Nigeria. Amongst them are: groundnut, oil palm fruit, soybeans, cotton seed, sesame seed, melon seed, etc.

This project focus on the processing of
groundnut into oil and cake. Although the production process is similar for almost all the seeds with just slight differences in the production line.

The production line of oil from groundnut is: seed preparation, seed pressing/oil extraction and filtration/refining.

The cost of machinery for a small/medium scale mechanised groundnut oil mill is approximately 1.3 million naira.

Where there is electricity, the machinery can be powered using electric motor and where there is no electricity, you can use diesel engine.

One tone of groundnut seed produces an average of 500ltr of groundnut oil, 420Kg of groundnut cake, and 40Kg of groundnut sludge.

So if you process 1tone of groundnut seeds, you are likely to get an average profit after sales of N16,000.

The oil milling machinery referenced in this write-up has the capacity to process a minimum of 2tone of groundnut seeds per day. Which means an average of N32,000 profit
after sales is realizable per day, which
translates to N896,000 per month.

It should be noted that there is a ban placed on the importation of vegetable oil into Nigeria so as to encourage local investors to go into its production. This gave birth to a very high demand in the country, as the present production level doesn’t meet demand.

You get dealers paying in advance for your products the moment you start production. Study shows that over 80% of the populace of Nigeria consume or use vegetable oil and its
products.

The machine can also process soya beans and cotton seed.

If you need more info about this project, post your questions, and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Wishing you all the best in your quest(s).

#pray49ja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by AderibigbeAAA(m): 4:42am On Jul 17, 2014
wow

will be back
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 17, 2014
let us have more infomation on it. Like where to get groundunt in large tons? How much is the cost of groundunt per ton? What is the cost of the oil per liter? Where can one get the machine? How many people will operate the machine i mean labour?
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 17, 2014
heywhy4u: let us have more infomation on it. Like where to get groundunt in large tons? How much is the cost of groundunt per ton? What is the cost of the oil per liter? Where can one get the machine? How many people will operate the machine i mean labour?
Good questions.

1. Large quantities of groundnut is is obtainable in states like Niger, Kano, Kaduna, Benue and Taraba. That I know, anybody with info on other locations should please contribute.

2. Cost per ton of groundnut isn't fixed, it fluctuates and varies depending on the location. Sometimes its as low as N120,000 and sometimes as high as N160,000. Average cost can therefore be put at N(140or150)000.

3. Cost of oil per litre also isn't fixed. It depends on the manufacturer. However, average cost is N280 per litre. You didn't as for price of the groundnut cake (GNC). It sells at an average price of N80 per Kg (in the North. Its higher than that currently ). The Sludge is usually sold at a giveaway price. You can determine the price you want.

4. To my knowledge, you can get the machinery in Kano state or Kaduna state. Am based in Kaduna state. I ones worked at a company that imports and sells the machine in Kaduna state (AAM Plastics Ltd).

5. Three people can conveniently work in the mill. The machinery is easy to operate. It will take less three days for an inexperienced person to learn how to work with it.

If you do your computations well, you will find out that the profit expected from processing 1ton of the seeds is much higher than what I presented in the write up.
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 18, 2014
can this machine also soybeans oil and palm fruits oil?
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2014
heywhy4u: can this machine also soybeans oil and palm fruits oil?
soybeans = Yes
Palm fruit = Not sure (most probably No)
Palm-kenel nut = Yes
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Ebi4life: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
agonbello:
Good questions.

1. Large quantities of groundnut is is obtainable in states like Niger, Kano, Kaduna, Benue and Taraba. That I know, anybody with info on other locations should please contribute.

2. Cost per ton of groundnut isn't fixed, it fluctuates and varies depending on the location. Sometimes its as low as N120,000 and sometimes as high as N160,000. Average cost can therefore be put at N(140or150)000.

3. Cost of oil per litre also isn't fixed. It depends on the manufacturer. However, average cost is N280 per litre. You didn't as for price of the groundnut cake (GNC). It sells at an average price of N80 per Kg (in the North. Its higher than that currently ). The Sludge is usually sold at a giveaway price. You can determine the price you want.

4. To my knowledge, you can get the machinery in Kano state or Kaduna state. Am based in Kaduna state. I ones worked at a company that imports and sells the machine in Kaduna state (AAM Plastics Ltd).

5. Three people can conveniently work in the mill. The machinery is easy to operate. It will take less three days for an inexperienced person to learn how to work with it.

If you do your computations well, you will find out that the profit expected from processing 1ton of the seeds is much higher than what I presented in the write up.
. Thank u sir, I want to say that from ur analysis the profit is low compared to the cost. If 1 ton wil cost me 120,000 to buy it and my profit is 16,000 or 20,000 then its nt worth going into considering other logistics that u wil incure. If 1 ton of 120,000 cost can give me within 40,000 to 60,000 profit excluding other expenses, then it wil be worth doing.

1 Like

Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
what is name of the machine? And how long will it take to process 1 ton groundunt, soybean, etc
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 19, 2014
heywhy4u: what is name of the machine? And how long will it take to process 1 ton groundunt, soybean, etc
Name = Oil-Mill Machinery
Duration = Depends on machine capacity. Smallest processes 2tons (2000Kg) in less than ten hours.
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Ebi4life: . Thank u sir, I want to say that from ur analysis the profit is low compared to the cost. If 1 ton wil cost me 120,000 to buy it and my profit is 16,000 or 20,000 then its nt worth going into considering other logistics that u wil incure. If 1 ton of 120,000 cost can give me within 40,000 to 60,000 profit excluding other expenses, then it wil be worth doing.

Ok. But if you do your computations well, you will see that profit of about N40,000 is achievable. However, I deliberately presented N16,000, a low case scenario so that readers shouldn't anticipate much.

In any case, any serious investor will go for profit even as low as N5000, because he know its far much better than keeping his money idle in the bank. Ask any biz man, especially an Igbo man (Igbo Kwenu grin) he will tell you that no amount of profit is small, for as long as it is profit and not loss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Ebi4life: 9:09am On Jul 19, 2014
agonbello:

Ok. But if you do your computations well, you will see that profit of about N40,000 is achievable. However, I deliberately presented N16,000, a low case scenario so that readers shouldn't anticipate much.

In any case, any serious investor will go for profit even as low as N5000, because he know its far much better than keeping his money idle in the bank. Ask any biz man, especially an Igbo man (Igbo Kwenu grin) he will tell you that no amount of profit is small, for as long as it is profit and not loss.
.Thank u very much Sir, I would love to talk with u on phone so that u can educate me more about it, I am realy interested. I am based in kaduna. My mail is emmaofubu@gmail.com. Expecting to hear frm u.
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by classicuju: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Interesting, i am a student of Food Tech. Sir, like how many litres of diesel can it take to process 1 ton?

1 Like

Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
classicuju: Interesting, i am a student of Food Tech. Sir, like how many litres of diesel can it take to process 1 ton?
diesel?
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by classicuju: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
agonbello: diesel?
Yes, in case of no electricity supply
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by ashboy: 10:02am On Aug 05, 2014
classicuju: Yes, in case of no electricity supply
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hi
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Paulordiah(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
How does the mills cost can I site in a residential ares
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Paulordiah: How does the mills cost can I site in a residential ares

1. Budget 1.2M 4 d complete set of machinery (seed fryer, oil expeller, oil refiner). Contact me if "you need help" sourcing the machinery.

2. Yes it can be sited in a residential area. I know of a man that uses a 2bedroom flat as his factory.
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by wakes: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
koonbey: Hi, there are 3 units of unused Oil Extractors available for Sale. Please contact 08032161013 if interested, or email @ ademola9@outlook.com.
Can they extract MORINGA seed oil?
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Paulordiah(m): 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
What is cost of one ton of groundunt, groundnut is usually sold in bags, how much is that bag and how many of those bags makes one ton. Paul 08130378328
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by waka2: 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
pls is d gnc edible for man or only for animal feed?
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
waka2:
pls is d gnc edible for man or only for animal feed?
Both.
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Paulordiah:
What is cost of one ton of groundunt, groundnut is usually sold in bags, how much is that bag and how many of those bags makes one ton. Paul 08130378328

A bag is usually 100Kg, so 10bags makes a tone (1000Kg).

Cost per bag now fluctuates btw N13,000 to N16,000.
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by akume(m): 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pls can i have ur number my email is akumetue@gmail.com
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by iyoema(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
It is high time we start processing our raw material here to create jobs and wealth. if you want to make a quick investment go to manufacturing sector.

2 Likes

Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by iyoema(m): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
The location of factory to raw material will reduce cost raw material and cost of production.

1 Like

Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by mfm04622: 8:39am On Jul 09, 2015
@agonbello and @iyoema. I am interested in producing vegetable oil from groundnut or soya beans. I need someone to train me in this business before I can invest my money. I will appreciate if any of you can link me with anybody presently doing that business. The closer the person is to Kaduna, the better. However, I can travel down to where the person is if necessary.

Thank you
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by cjie: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2015
I want GROUNDNUT CAKE IN A LARGE QUANTITIES.Please contact me if you have any link with this no 08062150814,email collinagba5@gmail.com
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
wakes:

Can they extract MORINGA seed oil?
Please edit your post to remove my contacts. Thank you.
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by sessypgm(m): 2:37am On Oct 07, 2015
OIL-MILL MACHINERY... Please let me have your number so that we can talk better...my mail:sessytony2013@gmail.com
Re: Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake by SHOPPERS(m): 10:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thanks for this expository writing. Can the machine be locally made or imported?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Cattle Destroy 35,000 Hectares Of Rice Farm In Enugu – Officials / How To Make A Staggering Amount Of Money From Milling And Packaging Local Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.