Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Uk Visa Re Applying Enquiry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Re Applying Enquiry (819 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa Re Applying Enquiry by sheriff2014: 5:09am On Jul 17, 2014
Nairaland Forum
Welcome, sheriff2014: Edit Profile / Followed Topics(41) / FB / LK / Mentions(1) / FG / FS / Trending / Recent / New / Logout(all)
Stats: 1204712 members, 1552048 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 July 2014 at 05:06 AM

View My Posts
Nairaland Forum / My Profile / My Posts

(0) (of 1 pages)
Travel / Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process-part2 by sheriff2014: 9:15am On Jul 13
Hi. Good day everyone pls am new in this forum and have quite been studying and reading both people post and report in this forum for a while.
Pls I need professional advice from you guys regarding my visa refusal by the B H C. I recently applied for a 3 weeks visiting visa to visit my uncle who is a medical doctor in the united kingdom, and it my mum that is responsible for the sponsoring of my trip. Am currently a 300level student of lagos state university and my uncle wrote me letter of invitation while my mum was responsible for the sponsoring of the trip both going and coming back from the uk. My uncle sent me the letter of invitation and some of his other necessary document via royal mail shipping service which I believe to be a uk shipping service and ever since he sent it I didn't receive it so when it was getting close to the day I intended to submit my document he had to scan does documents and send it to my email inbox for me to re print it.
On the other hand my mum is a lagos state government official she works with the lagos state health service commission (LSHSC). She attached a letter stating she is my biological mother that she would be responsible for sponsoring my trip and she attached both her I'd card, payslip, statement of account of zenith bank of about 1.2 million naira, her birth certificate was also added to help back up the application.
On my own part I added letter of identification from school, school I'd card, school medical clearance card, my certificate of office that am a sport director of my faculty, photocopy of my birth certificate, receipt of my 300l payment of school fees as well as my course registration and exam slip for 300l print out too.
In my application I stated that I would be visiting my uncle in leicester and I plan on spending 3 weeks in the united kingdom and during my stay I plan to learn a lot with the exposure I would get, also to familarise myself with the culture and norms I would be exposed to. I also stated that I would be visiting some tourist attraction places like the famous eyes of london, trafalgar square and madam taussauds and in the form I filled online have never traveled out of my country before and this is my first passport also.
I was refused the visa on the ground that 1) you have requested for a 3 weeks visit to the uk. You state that you are currently a student and not in full time employment, therefore earn no salary. You are unmarried, with no dependent children. None of the money expended on thus venture is your own. I do not consider that you have demonstrated to me enough close ties, visible assets and personal responsibilities in your personal and economic circumstances that necessitate your presence in Nigeria to satisfy me that, on the balance of probabilities, you are genuinely seeking entry to the uk as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months as required by rule 41 (i) of HC 395 and intended to leave the uk at the end of the period as stated by you as required by rule 41 (ii) of HC 395. 2) you state the cost of your visit to the uk is to be borne by your mother who is a chief matron with the ajeromi general hospital as well as la peak medical centre. While you have provided evidence of your sponsors funds, you have failed to provide satisfactory evidence about the origin of these funds. I note you have provided payslip for your sponsor from lagos state government as well as her personal bank statement from zenith bank plc, however there is no salary payment noted in that account. You have offered no explanation why this is so. As a result am not satisfied that the evidence provided is a true reflection of your sponsor financial circumstances or that these funds are available to you. On the balance of probabilities I am not satisfies that you will be maintained and accommodated in the uk without working or recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required paragraph 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC 395 and finally 3) you stated that you will visit your uncle in leicester and he will accommodate you whilst in the uk. You have provided some document to demonstrate his ability to do so, however I noted that these are all scanned documents. Applicants are advised through notice and advice leaflets that original documents should be in support of a visa application. Original document can be examined to ensure that they are not tampered with. This is why we ask for them. Despite the advice you have chosen not to supply original documents and these document you supplied as limited evidently value. Therefore I am not satisfied that you would be adequately maintained and accommodated whilst in the uk or that you are able to meet the cost of onward journey. 41(vi) and (vii)
I have therfore refused your application on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all the relevant requirement of the united kingdom rules.
Your right to appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002.
Am about to re apply again we noticed our mistakes because firstly my mother receives her salary money in her skye bank account and after receiving d money there she transfer some of the money into her zenith bank account which she opened for her personal account and for her children welfarism and it was not stated by her in the letter she attached to support my visa application that she operates 2 account and that her skye bank account is where she receive her salary payment and her zenith for her children welfare which she is about to state in the new letter she is going to attach to my new supporting document. 2) my uncle has agreed to resend me another letter and his supporting document via dhl and he is also going to state it in his letter reasons why the other ones were scanned because of d failure of d delivery of the other documents he sent via royal mail and maybe he is going to add the receipt he used in shipping the other letter to for prove he actually sent the other one and finally am going to write a letter of introduction to the BHC introducing myself as a student of lagos state university, and telling dem about my personal self and things have acheive as a student and during sport with both my department and my faculty and stating my expected year of graduation is 2015 and am to attain a BSC degree by that time so for sure am coming back home, and my mum is also stating it in her letter that am the first son and it my duty and obligation to manage both her and my father estate which includes all their landed properties that she is going to attach to the supporting document for further verification.
Currently my school are currently on strike so I can't get a new letter of identification again from school and it not more dan 2 weeks I submitted one so I can only have access to photocopy of the letter from school.
Pls guy I need ur help and advice on what to do cause am really a novice in this visa palaver and dat d reason I was unable to get those things right before cause most of these stuffs I did dem on my own and would have known better they don't receive scanned document if it was that I had people to put me through then and I don't want to make same mistake like I did before.
I forgot to mention earlier that my mum is giving me 500 pounds for the trip since I have someone to accommodate me and that person is even her immediate younger brother.
Tnx a lot pls am expecting reply asap
Re: Uk Visa Re Applying Enquiry by adee1: 5:48am On Jul 17, 2014
Pls I will like the house to throw more light on dis.I applied for uk visa in 2003,and my interviewer told me he wanted to verify my documents.I waited for weeks,When I dint hear from him.an attorney wrote dem requesting why I wasn't granted.yet dey dint reply.Now I want to re-apply,will d information I gave dem 11years ago remain on their system or it wuld av disappeared.
Re: Uk Visa Re Applying Enquiry by adee1: 5:52am On Jul 17, 2014
Pls I will like the house to throw more light on dis.I applied for uk visa in 2003,and my interviewer told me he wanted to verify my documents.I waited for weeks,When I dint hear from him.an attorney wrote dem requesting why I wasn't granted.yet dey dint reply.Now I want to re-apply,will d information I gave dem 11years ago still remain on their system or it wuld av disappeared.

(1) (Reply)

Your Experience On Arrival From Ebola Infected Countries. / Relocating To Abroad / Get Excited! Here Are 4 Fantastic Events In Lagos This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.