Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,752 members, 7,955,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:20 PM

The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions (1363 Views)

5 Expensive Celebrity Plastic Surgeries / 15 Most Expensive Celebrity Body Parts / Top 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Celebrities develop varyingly harmless and harmful
addictions just like anyone else. The difference
between them and us, though, is that they often
have the means and funds to prolong and indulge
their addictions more than most. Some of these, like shopping, cars, and shoes, are a fun and envy-
making way to spend all that extra cash. But when
celebrities delve into darker, deeper addictions –
such as gambling, drugs, or alcohol – the limitless
funds at their disposal can prove hugely,
cataclysmically destructive. Take recently deceased
Hollywood actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, whose
$10 thousand monthly heroin and Oxycontin habit
quickly unraveled and eventually ended his life.
Then look at someone like Justin Bieber, who
reportedly blows through $1 million a month, on
toys, dates, dinners and, of course, legal fees. The
bottom line is, it’s all fun and games until the
addiction becomes unmanageable, all-consuming,
deadly, or it bankrupts the addict. Whatever the
addiction – from the obviously harmful, like drugs to the more insidious, like plastic surgery – it can prove to be the undoing of a person, even a seemingly invulnerable celeb. The following are examples of seriously extreme and insanely expensive celebrity addictions.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
10. Rihanna – Hair ($1 million per year)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
9. Celine Dion – Shoes (Approx. $3 million)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
8. Joan Rivers – Plastic Surgery ($3 million)

Joan Rivers seems to have stopped the process of
aging, but not because of any fountain of youth. No,
the potty-mouthed comedian, actress and Fashion
Police co-host has supposedly had as many as 700
cosmetic procedures, an addiction to which she
describes as a love affair. As she told the Daily
Telegraph in 2013, “Every weekend I just go in and
do something new. I get a 10th one free. It a little
like coffee, you just keep going.”

Joan’s daughter Melissa is supposedly not too happy about how often her mother goes under the knife, but as Joan told the Huffington Post, “I don’t give a damn what people think. If you don’t like my
opinion, too bad. That’s the only good thing about
age.”

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
7. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise – Suri’s
Fashion ($3-10 million wardrobe / $400,000 yearly allowance)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
6. Charles Barkley – Gambling ($10 million)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by emperorchedda(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
5. Scott Storch – Cocaine ($30 million in 6 months)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
4. Jay Leno – Cars ($50 million)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
3. Ralph Lauren – Cars (Over $50 million)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
2. Allen Iverson – Gambling and Drinking ($200 million)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Tonykings: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
my state governor...1million dollars in 6 month importing 'ASHEWO' from neighboring countries
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
Neyoor: 8. Joan Rivers – Plastic Surgery ($3 million)
Joan Rivers seems to have stopped the process of aging, but not because of any fountain of youth. No, the potty-mouthed comedian, actress and Fashion Police co-host has supposedly had as many as 700 cosmetic procedures, an addiction to which she describes as a love affair. As she told the Daily Telegraph in 2013, “Every weekend I just go in and do something new. I get a 10th one free. It a little like coffee, you just keep going.”
Joan’s daughter Melissa is supposedly not too happy about how often her mother goes under the knife, but as Joan told the Huffington Post, “I don’t give a damn what people think. If you don’t like my opinion, too bad. That’s the only good thing aboutage.”

And she's still ugly after all the countless surgeries she's done. Watching her fashion show is the creepiest experience ever, her face has been frozen solid by all the botox injections. It doesn't even change expression anymore.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Romanciella(f): 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
m still waiting for nicki minajs
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Addictions by Simplestone(f): 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
every weekend?joan,daris God ooo..CONTINUE.one day u go,go hospital u no go come back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Miley Cyrus Dead? Fans Freak Out — Is It True? / At 50 You Look Like A Lady In Your Mid 20's. Vivica Fox Turned 50 Yesterday / ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Don Jazzy Challenges Wizkid, Davido, Iyanya | Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.