Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? (629 Views)

Permanent Remedy For Unwanted/excessive Body Hairs / Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As / Paw Paw Is A Remedy For Various Diseases.....by Nutritionist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by TeddyJonathan(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2014
Good day my fellow landers,I don't know if this topic i am about posting is supposed to be posted here...I don't find it easy to convince someone during conversation,due to the way i stammer...Most times when i talk,it looks as if i am not confident of myself or i am tensed..Please i need an advice because,it makes me to be quiet when I ought to speak..I want to express myself more in speech than in writing....I will welcome all your advice and suggestion
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by Ezedon(m): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2014
Divine healing is the remedy
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by TeddyJonathan(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2014
Ezedon: Divine healing is the remedy
. Lolz....I want practical healing
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
TeddyJonathan: . Lolz....I want practical healing
not too sure it has a remedy but try;
1.thinking of what you say before saying it
2.speaking slowly-speaking slowly would help you a lot because it would command respect and make people keep quiet when u talk
..used to stutter when i was quite young,but it suddenly stopped
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by armadeo(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
One of my bosses talks very fast, during a dept meeting another one asked why he always spoke so fast and he said he was a stammerer precious and used the speed to overcome it.

Don't know how true though.
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by allycat: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
You should see a speach therapist. They are however rare and usually work with Audiologist and ENT Surgeons.
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by allycat: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Actually do a google search of speach pathologist or therapist in Lagos, the title depends on their orientation wether British or American. Some put their contact details.
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by TeddyJonathan(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
Shady98:
not too sure it has a remedy but try;
1.thinking of what you say before saying it
2.speaking slowly-speaking slowly would help you a lot because it would command respect and make people keep quiet when u talk
..used to stutter when i was quite young,but it suddenly stopped
. Thanks bro.....But what happens when you are in a heated debate?
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by TeddyJonathan(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
armadeo: One of my bosses talks very fast, during a dept meeting another one asked why he always spoke so fast and he said he was a stammerer precious and used the speed to overcome it.

Don't know how true though.
. Very True bro.....I also speed in speech....It will make you not drive home your point
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by TeddyJonathan(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
allycat: You should see a speach therapist. They are however rare and usually work with Audiologist and ENT Surgeons.
. Thanks Bro...How will get in touch in them.....I am in kano
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by allycat: 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
If you are in Kano go to the teaching hospital and make enquiries in the ENT department, as I said they work very closely with ENT Surgeons and Audiologist and they would always know who is available in a city.
Re: Does Stutter/stammer Have A Remedy? by TeddyJonathan(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
allycat: If you are in Kano go to the teaching hospital and make enquiries in the ENT department, as I said they work very closely with ENT Surgeons and Audiologist and they would always know who is available in a city.
. Thanks so much

(1) (Reply)

Ebola:US Doctor Releases Statement From Hospital.says Thanks And Ask For Prayers / Ebola: Nigerian Doctor Appeals To US For Experimental Drug To Save Colleague's L / BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.