Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) (1291 Views)

New Way To Stand In Queue, Do You Agree? / Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by sammyyoung2(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2014
This happened around Idimu-Egbeda, Lagos. Was on my way back home dis morning when i saw a pack of okada men, dragging some people out of a car infront of me, two men and a woman, i was in my car watching, thinking they must have actually bashed an okada man, as it was the numb in Lagos state, where an offense against a bike man is an offense against all the bike men in like 5 communities, they would pack u down and start harassing you.

So i thought @ first, until they started beating them with woods and sticks, kicking them from all direction, while some where destroying their car, i had to come down at these point after carefully packing my car at a safe spot. i managed to part the crowd,asking what happened, The shout of they are Kidnappers rented the air. so i managed to go into the crowd which was swelling by the minute to take pix of them.

After this, i asked an okada man what happened and how he knew they were kidnappers, he managed to say that, he just saw his fellow okada men running after them, which the shout of "gbomo-gbomo" (Kidnappers) and he join the crowd.

Asking round, no one seem to know the true story, by now the crowd had gotten to closely 800 people, men, women, boys, girls, even school children, all struggling to get a glimpse, everyone in small clusters, gossiping and discussing while some were seriously doing the beating.

At this point, sensing their anger to burn them soon, i sped with my car to the Police station, on a road, as rough as "climbing Olumo rock in Abeokuta, Ogun State", got to the station, made a quick report. (Must acknowledge the quick response of the force at this point). They jump and filled two hilux pick-ups, and followed me back to the scene.

On sighting the crowd. Their Gun shot rented the air. i had parked at a safe distance, coz i wouldn't wanna experience stray bullet oo. They were able to disperse the crowd in-time to rescue the victims, Two men and a woman. At my safe distance, could still hear people talking about how the police would end up freeing them, and that, they should have been burned so as to serve as lessons for other with bad intentions.

i just kept mute. by this time, they had been beaten blue black, naked, cldnt take pix, @least, to respect their supposed "Innocent before conviction"

By now, different stories of what they did has emerged, non was similar to the other, some where like....They snatched a woman whom was coming out of the bank with N200,000. drove her a mile, then threw her out of the moving vehicle, Others were like....They kidnapped 3 children, of a single mothers, then the mother raised an alarm, then some hot pursuit was given until they were caught...the third didn't even add up @all.....can't even bother myself tying that.

The good thing is........I Let the Nigerian Police force do their work, afterall, its their work, and if they don't do it rightly....One thing is sure...DiarrisGODoooo!!!

Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by NickiRoman: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Most Nigerians are so aggressive and voilent,No one knew the real story. The moment they see a two or four people beating someone up, they join in and beat the person to pulp...You did a good thing getting the police involved...#Say No To Jungle Justice..This should be on frontpage..Mods do the needful please
Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by Vivalavida99(f): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
You have to be proud of yourself, you have done well.

Thank God we still have civilize human among Neanderthal in that country. Save for your single act, they would have been burnt to death.

Nobody has the right to take someone's life in such barbaric way, this is 2014.
Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
We should have a constitution that sentences perpetrators of jungle justice, to death by beheading. A similar incidence occured in my area, sometime ago... a restuarant woman was accused of nonsense. #my father was her saviour , the imbec:iles almost burnt her. Kudos man! for blessed are those that save lives and vice versa.
Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by dhardline(m): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bros may God bless you plenty.If those guys were kidnappers or thieves then whats the difference between them and those who have the mind to take their lives in broad day light?Jungle justice must stop,we are not babarians.

1 Like

Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
OP, your action is commendable. You risked even your own life to save random strangers
Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
The same persons beating these people up, will not hesitate to go down on all fours in genuflection and obeisance when the real kidnappers of our collective wealth and future appears ( the politicians). They will be crawling like Lesser mortals and muttering under their breaths for a mess of rotten and rejected pottage.

Nigeria is a circus and monkeys are having a field day with bananas. Every people deserve the leadership they get.

Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by chaberry(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
20pounds: The same persons beating these people up, will not hesitate to go down on all fours in genuflection and obeisance when the real kidnappers of our collective wealth and future appears ( the politicians). They will be crawling like Lesser mortals and muttering under their breaths for a mess of rotten and rejected pottage.

Nigeria is a circus and monkeys are having a field day with bananas. Every people deserve the leadership they get.
LAG0S NO MAN'S LAND
Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by Gboliwe: 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
Good job OP.

Hope the police will do their job. I believe citizens are resorting to barbaric acts because of the failure of these policemen in curbing crime

1 Like

Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by MMotimo: 3:20am On Jul 19, 2014
Poster,

May the Almighty God reward you for the role you played and may you find mercy and favor in your time of need. . . . . amen!
Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by Fadelex(m): 4:17am On Jul 19, 2014
good job @op, I wonder which shithole most people crawled out from, no dignity for human lives anymore.... how I wish arms will be legalized in dis country....I'll rather shoot a jungle judge than a kidnapper
Re: How I manage to STAND againt "JUNGLE JUSTICE" (pix) by thunderrider: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
i dont know why we keeep leaving the real issues and continue chasing hadows

the major actors of the woes in this country are still out there living in splendour and grandiase

we know them and continue to hail them. all in the name of our stomachs

only to leach terrors on the small fries / urchins and at times innocent souls

leaving the main actors and beneficiary to continue their acts through new recruits.

NAJIA WAKE UP

STOP SHADOW CHASING

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Rights When Confronted By The Police / [photos] +18 Charly Boy "DOING IT" With His Two Daughters [punk Kingdom]!!!! / Be My Val!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.